Author Topic: SARPE surgery tomorrow  (Read 5245 times)

Modigliani

• Private
Re: SARPE surgery tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 11:52:02 AM »
Surgically Assisted Rapid Palate Expansion

I think  :)

Mark32

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 02:44:54 PM »
how stable is the result from a SARPE? is there much bone resorption? and can it be combined with a le fort 1?

questions, questions...  ;)

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »
I think it's pretty stable as the expander is left in for up to 9 months. The bone takes about 6 weeks to heal and I had to start expanding two days after surgery. The aim is that the expansion is finished before the bone has heeled.

I didn't get much in the way of nose bleeds. Breathing was fine, I was given oxygen to wear for first 24 hrs. Swelling was intense and it feels like I had a nose job because the cut they made in my gum is very high.

I have a very narrow nose, mouth breather, don't think any of that has changed since operation? Still very swollen so I can't clearly say ... On day 4.

Hope some of that helped, I'm pretty drugged up so sorry if I haven't answered everything   ;D

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 11:02:10 PM »

Surgically Assisted Rapid Palate Expansion

I think  :)
[/quote]

Is correct.

The bone will heal to the newly expandered width, once it's healed I don't think it could be possible to relapse.

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 03:47:48 AM »
Ok, just a quick update... 7 days post SARPE surgery...

I'm feeling awesome

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 05:13:42 AM »
What's the timeframe for all of this? How long have you been in braces and when do you expect to have your next surgery (if you're going to have one)?

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 05:36:27 AM »
Expander only so far...30 days expanding at home. Then braces (October-ish) until next year and approx 1 year form beginning I'm having double jaw surgery, total treatment time 18-24 months approx - Could be less I was told.

Next surgery estimated to be the same time next year so around August/September, this will depend on orthodontic results, quicker everything moves the earlier it is.

My surgeon said the orthodontist will refer me back to him next year ..maybe first quarter of the year for some pre op preparation. Eeek this is really going to happen!