Author Topic: Has anyone dr Obwegeser's contact?  (Read 8621 times)

Mark505

Has anyone dr Obwegeser's contact?
« on: December 29, 2014, 03:04:34 AM »
I'd need his email and yes, I've googled and searched trough this forum and I found nothing.

Rico

Re: Has anyone dr Obwegeser's contact?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:56:42 AM »
I sent you PM
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:51:19 AM by Rico :) »

GrendelGegongan

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:24:49 PM »
I sent you PM

Might i have it as well ?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 01:46:53 PM »
Just from an analysis of the various papers and pics circulating around I would say Obwegeser is the most advanced max fac out there. What tipped me off is that he mentions Tessier's protocols for moving bone segments of the face, that means he's pretty well versed in craniofacial strategies to improve the facial bone structure --while most max-facs technically have this under their belt, they don't really practice it, Obwegeser clearly does, and effectively. Too bad he doesn't take north american patients.

Rico

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 03:25:35 PM »
yes.. so explain me why he could not help me :)

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »
yes.. so explain me why he could not help me :)

interesting, i'm not familiar with your case, but maybe he didn't want to for a personal reason?

terry947

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 09:06:24 PM »
Does he take patients with dual citizenship? Im from Canada but I also have a Polish citizenship because my parents were born there.

Rico

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 10:24:30 PM »
I think in private clinics it is not an issue. They do not bother where you come from, where you live. Important is how much money you have :)
I know about Obwegeser too little. Some people  here had consultation with him. They can answer.
I'm little dissapointed what he did during my initial consultation via mail, when I was trying to make an appoitment with him.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 02:34:24 AM »
Yeah there's something off here. I know Earl said that he said he only takes European patients. I don't think Poland is considered Europe.

Rico

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 05:37:29 AM »
Yeah there's something off here. I know Earl said that he said he only takes European patients. I don't think Poland is considered Europe.

Poland is in the middle of Europe, you moron :)    ....relatively close to Switzerland.

He answered me  when he knew I was from Poland. Everytime I write to a surgeon I tell him that I'm from Poland and I could not find help there.
He did  not answer after I told him that I would like to have ION decompression too.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:16:31 PM by Rico :) »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 04:41:28 PM »
Poland is in the middle of Europe, you moron :)    ....relatively close to Switzerland.

He answered me  when he knew I was from Poland. Everytime I write to a surgeon I tell him that I'm from Poland and I could not find help there.
He did  not answer after I told him that I would like to have ION decompression too.

I was joking! lol

terry947

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »
So is it basically accepted that Obwegeser is the best in Europe, and Arnett and Gunson are the best in the USA?

This is what I've been seeing when browsing the forum...

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »
So is it basically accepted that Obwegeser is the best in Europe, and Arnett and Gunson are the best in the USA?

Arnett and Gunson are very highly regarded, but trust me they have a ton of f**k-up cases as well. No one when it comes to this crap-shoot of a surgery is the "best" I would say, but if you wanna stack your odds they're up there. Obwegeser is just a wild card and basically this all started cause one person ages ago posted some pics of surgery he did where one of the chick's looked really good in her after pic and apparently he did an orbital rim repositioning on her. So that started all the talk of him on this board. We all have no idea, it's just speculation.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »

Best... for what?  I'm not entirely convinced by A/G - they don't do SAPRE, high Le Forts, chin wings, cheekbone osteotomies.  Their aesthetics are heavily biased by the ante-face.  They push HA paste augmentation, which IMO is borderline BS.  OTOH, people have seen them just for a plan to take to their local surgeon/ortho and have been satisfied. And even they have had dissatisfied patients.

Obwegesser repeatedly states that BSSO "improves gonial angles", when it absolutely does not.  But that blonde class III girl he performed a modified Le Fort III on is like the best class III before and after I've ever seen (the other cases in the same paper are meh).

Rico

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 02:12:00 AM »
there is no the best surgeon. Only worse or better, cheaper or much more expensive.  Noone ever give you 100% that everythng will be ok ....  This is my opinion