Author Topic: OkCupid study on attractiveness by sex  (Read 26846 times)

terry947

Re: OkCupid study on attractiveness by sex
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 12:39:14 PM »
the thing is men cant be mad at women for wanting an attractive husband/boyfriend. Men want the exact same thing.

The only thing that bother me is when society says that personality is the major deciding factor and when women wear make-up and act like they're hotter when they're not.

Alue

• Private
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 01:27:10 PM »
@ tumerican - exactly. Also I've noticed that looks basically equal personality. If an attractive person is shy then he's mysterious, if an ugly person is shy then he's not confident, loser, weak etc. If an attractive person is loud, he's confident, cocky etc, when an ugly person is loud, hes annoying, obnoxious etc.

If a guy has a recessed chin/profile, he's seen as weak, unconfident, and passive.  Even if that is totally not his personality, most people will see him that way.  My face has never matched ME! 

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 02:13:56 PM »
Yes. I've seen some from private PMs.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 02:19:50 PM »
Yes still post but not too often I think. Pretty bad before, standard double jaw surgery and some augmentations. They say you can get 2pts, I think he did better than that.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 02:30:55 PM »
Very weak chin. Those are the best transformations.

terry947

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 02:54:38 PM »
Hopefully i'll have a good transformation then, since  i have a really week chin/lower third. Still, the eyes are the most important part and mine are meh..... and i have a long mid face/third.

@ alue- i feel the same way. Im in a construction engineering program and one my teachers said I should get into computer because i'm "good at it". He has no idea if i have good computer skills, since we never used them in class. He just assumed this based off how i look, most likely my week chin. The funny thing is im not even good at computers.  people are retarded, honestly.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 03:55:33 PM »
Your starting point is X + deformity. You will get rid of the deformity + 0 to 2 points.  That's really it. Eyes are by far themost important feature.  No surgery for potato eyes.

So if X is ugly, don't expect miracles.  If X is average... Maybe you make it to attractive.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 04:05:16 PM by PloskoPlus »

Tom2

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 05:04:59 AM »
Not too many surprises there.   

I found the chart where women rated the men to be heavily less than average as a whole interesting.  Particularly with their messaging choices only slightly scaled ahead of their attractiveness rating.     Women can be tough on looks.  Their standards are pretty high.     But I do not think this is just pointed towards men.  Women are rough on themselves and other women too.     I also remember reading something about women loving to fawn over good looking people but not trusting them in long term relationships....

For me anyways, well, I needed two jaw surgery (I'm about two weeks post op at this writing) so I am no prize winner.   That said, for the most part I have always dated pretty attractive women.   I remember when I was about 16.     I was dating one girl with a couple other flirting with me.    This other kid (about 18) says to me - how are you doing this - you're not that good looking.      Well, I dunno.    Sometimes you have other features that work for you and women sense it.   That said, if I were a more attractive guy - man I wonder what kind of life changes that would have made.....

Good looking people have less obstacles.    Lookism is real.     I'm guilty of it too.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »
No, society perpetuates the myth that looks aren't important, personality is what matters. Pay close attention to the words in Frozen next time! Nearly everyone seems to grow out of it though. I strongly disagree about mismatched couples but, like I've said before, depends a lot on your life circumstances: where you live, kind of lifestyle, community you're in, age in life, etc.

Tom2

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 02:00:55 PM »
Everyone who sees a looks wise mismatched couple always wonders what the equalizer is....

Alue

• Private
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »
No, society perpetuates the myth that looks aren't important, personality is what matters. Pay close attention to the words in Frozen next time! Nearly everyone seems to grow out of it though. I strongly disagree about mismatched couples but, like I've said before, depends a lot on your life circumstances: where you live, kind of lifestyle, community you're in, age in life, etc.

I don't think everyone necessarily 'grows out of it' they just get older/uglier and settle. 

buzzhead

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »
I don't think everyone necessarily 'grows out of it' they just get older/uglier and settle.

Shallow.....shallow......shallow........sad. ::)

Alue

• Private
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 09:55:19 PM »
Shallow.....shallow......shallow........sad. ::)

What are you implying?  I said not everyone necessarily grows out of it, meaning some may. 

girl

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 01:19:09 PM »
let me start off by saying im not a pua hate guy....but my experience is today's women and girls care about NOTHING else but a guys looks. The hot guy who makes dumb stupid wise cracks and curses is hilarious while the ugly witty guy is an annoying creep. I experienced it first hand. In high school and in my early 20's I used to talk to girls online. They 'd be dying to meet me and couldn't stop telling me how hilarious I am...until they saw my pic, then they never contacted me again.

I experienced exactly the same as you did with guys when I was in high school, equivalent of. Difference is I never approached anyone, online or offline. From my experience, the guys - mostly rugby player types which I guess are the equivalent of US jocks - were a LOT worse than us girls. Even the things they said about my very pretty friends were vicious. I remember being told by one that I looked better in the dark, and that certainly wasn't the worst thing I heard.

In my case, being brought up in a snobby, provincial area had a lot to do with that type of attitude - where guys wouldn't even be friends with you if you weren't "pretty". When I left at 19, I made many (platonic) guy friends. One friend had the dreaded "long mid face" and was/is like those ugly Sluthate examples of "incels" they post. He was an entertainer and very outgoing - and there seemed to be an endless supply of VERY attractive women he dated and screwed around.

But in short, your experiences aren't as gender based as you believe them to be. I can assure you that there are women out there in their teens, 20s and beyond who are the same. When I read Sluthate - with the exception of the extreme Elliot Rodger type stuff - I recognised some of my old feelings from my teens. 

All I hear about from these boards is how men have it so hard and women have it so easy. That is bulls**t, because BOTH sexes who have aesthetic problems (and are acutely aware of it) miss those same milestones.     

girl

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 01:20:18 PM »

They probably get more fatalistic about it.