Author Topic: infection before surgery  (Read 4343 times)

Rico

Re: infection before surgery
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 07:47:41 AM »
symptoms still sustain, so I went to hospital to get better fast examination

and not good.
Bacterial infection in sinuses AND ... I did not know... I had infection previously - minor changes visible on X-Rays :) strange I did not feel anything wrong with my sinuses. So I have acute infection and kinda mild chronic one . So mild I did not feel even a bit of any symptom.

so I got Amoxicillin and surgery PROBABLY will be rebooked
the good thing is that accidently I learnt I have to take antibiotiocs always when yellow mucus appears..  in order to protect from further complications - even slight ones
It's good to learn something about our bodies.

I hope they will find place for my surgery in next month. I reported that my surgeon immedietely in order to give them minimal time, to put other patient in my place.. and eventually I can take his later. I hope they will do in that way.

By the way. Those slight changes which show X-Rays are reversible ?  when I clean my sinuses from bacteria ?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:03:02 AM by Rico :) »

needadvancement

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 09:08:00 AM »
^You made the right decision.

Rico

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 09:14:41 AM »
perhaps.. but that waiting... one month won't be a big problem.
Worse if longer...

Rico

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 05:30:17 AM »
I got response from my surgeon. My surgery must be rebooked. He will be abroad for one month. I have to wait at least 6 weeks  for the next surgery
They are gonna gave me new date for surgery within few days. So probably it will be around almost 2 months of waiting :(

Now I have to be careful. Infections period (weather, etc) and I have to wear warm clothes and avoid sick people.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:00:08 AM by Rico :) »