Author Topic: How Long Does a LeFort 1 (Double Jaw Surgery) Procedure Take?  (Read 2535 times)

soccerboy9

Hi everyone,

So I am having LeFort 1 double jaw surgery in about 3.5 weeks (on July 22nd), and was wondering how long those kinds of procedures generally take? Also, will I have a foley catheter put in during the surgery? My pre-op is on July 20th.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Brandon (a.k.a. soccerboy9)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: How Long Does a LeFort 1 (Double Jaw Surgery) Procedure Take?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »
it can take as low as 2 hours but usually 4-6 and as long as 8.

don't worry about the cathetar, you won't feel the pain cause you'll be out of it when they put it up your penis hole.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:09:25 AM »
I'm going to have a cytoscopy in a few weeks. Will let you know how sharp those razors are supposed to feel. Ugh :(

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 08:11:29 PM »
Yes, you will have a catheter for any surgery that lasts over a couple of hours.

I've never had one. It might be hard to take a piss after the surgery without it but it was optional when I had surgery.

SirUserName

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 11:19:44 PM »
When I had my surgery, which took I think 6 hours, they've put a catheter in. And let me tell you, when that nurse took it out it HURT LIKE HELL. It started to annoy me after a few hours of being awake with it still inside, so she said they can take it out. I asked her how bad does it hurt (while I'm jaw-locked and can barely talk) and she said "barely at all" and preceded to PULL THE INSIDE OF MY PENIS OUT. Maybe she just did it bad, but she pulled it rather quickly while it felt like I'm being torn. I was half-sedated and said "It HURTMHMHM -What? -I said it HURTS MY PEEPEE" (in my local language). Haha, she looked at me and said "I've never hear that one before". I'm probably a bit exaggerating, but it wasn't so innocent at all, and as I had a s**tty surgical job done and I'm probably going to have a goddamn second operation, I'll also get another of these which I do not look forward too. You'd also get a nasogastric intubation, which was probably worse for me.