Author Topic: Day 22 Post Op - Maxillary/Mandibular Osteotomy  (Read 798 times)

sjf585

Day 22 Post Op - Maxillary/Mandibular Osteotomy
« on: October 23, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »
I had surgery on October 1st to correct an underbite and crossbite (bottom jaw was to the left) after two years of braces. My wisdom teeth were removed at the same time, I feel like this was the worst part of it.  My mouth was held together by three elastics after the surgery.  After my 2 week appointment he told me to start taking my elastics off a couple of times a day and exercising my jaw by moving it up and down and left and right as much as I can.  So far I’m pleased with how everything is going, other than my bottom lip and chin being completely numb still.
Did anyone go through something similar and how long were you numb, if it was permanent numbness how much of your chin was numb?
On my right side right now, two teeth are grinding when I close my mouth and have been for a few days, should I be concerned about this and see the surgeon or is this for my orthodontist to correct?
Other than this the surgery went good, a lot of the swelling is gone and I’m came back to work a few days ago. I started exercising again but not sure how hard I should be going.
 ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]