Author Topic: Facial Fat Types - Malar Fat Pad of Doom!!!  (Read 24941 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Facial Fat Types - Malar Fat Pad of Doom!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »
@jesterofmalice

I could have written your post myself... except I'm a girl (25 going on 26 soon).
I lack midface support (long face syndrome because I've been sucking my thumb until I was 12) and I have dark circles (because the orbits are too low and my cheeks sag a little bit around the corners of my mouth and nose. It makes me look 10 years older.

So you said that with weight loss you saw no difference? :/

Fortunately I can use corrective make up techniques but I wish I could do without.

You're a serious plasmabot.

terry947

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 01:33:37 AM »
So I guess lazlos not getting JS anymore?

The reason why arnold looks good is because he has the bone structure underneath to support the soft tissue. He has a forward grown face.

Getting a forward advancement or implants would probably help with the saggin but it might not look natural. Depends on the implant size or how much advancement  you're getting.

I'll lateral projection of zygos is key in males and forward masculine Chins. There are many men in Hollywood with recessed orbitals but they have wide zygos. I dunno. Just something I noticed on people.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:05:55 AM by terry947 »

jesterofmalice

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 10:59:36 AM »
@jesterofmalice

I could have written your post myself... except I'm a girl (25 going on 26 soon).
I lack midface support (long face syndrome because I've been sucking my thumb until I was 12) and I have dark circles (because the orbits are too low and my cheeks sag a little bit around the corners of my mouth and nose. It makes me look 10 years older.

So you said that with weight loss you saw no difference? :/

Fortunately I can use corrective make up techniques but I wish I could do without.

Very little effect. It just seemed as though, no matter how much fat I lost, it never really showed much in my face, which I think is due to a number of reasons. (Small chin, slightly recessed jaws, slightly weak cheekbones?)
I really like my face in the pic where i'm very gently lifting my skin up, though, so I still remain hopeful that I can somehow achieve that look. I'm just not sure on the best way to go. Like I say, a facelift would potentially give a similar result, but the idea really feels so 'wrong'.

I've always thought that moving my jaws *could* help, although I'm concerned that I could go through braces and some big operations, only for the problems to remain! I have an appointment soon with an oral surgeon who i'm hoping can maybe shed some light, but i'm not holding my breath!

It's all about having a correct bone structure to be able to properly support the underlying soft tissue.
Sometimes this can be fixed with things like jaw surgery, and sometimes you'll find that the issues actually lie elsewhere.

deyapretty

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 05:03:59 PM »

You're a serious plasmabot.
Did I miss something?

Ginger

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 10:45:42 AM »
My mid face looks better when I lift my fat pads towards my cheeks, but I'm a girl. I don't know if lifting fat pads would look right on a guy. Might just make them look like they have chubbier cheeks?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 02:59:47 PM »
Is it even possible to get a lean face? Perhaps impossible for some? Mine has always been slightly fat even when I weighed very little and was skin and bone

trust me plasmabot, you will lose a lot of that fat just simply as you age --it's geneticcally there right now. try serious ufc style training and weight loss, eating clean and you'll lose it. Especially as you age.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 03:24:59 PM »
oh yeah that'd do it too especially if you have a lot of pudge there.

Icy

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 11:33:27 PM »
oh yeah that'd do it too especially if you have a lot of pudge there.

Lazlo, I am underweight by a significant amount, I have never not been underweight. I have absolutely no facial bone prominence and this is due to my horrible facial bone development. I can't speak for everyone else but I am quite certain that further weight loss isn't going to help those of us who are in the same boat :/ if only though...

jesterofmalice

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »
Lazlo, I am underweight by a significant amount, I have never not been underweight. I have absolutely no facial bone prominence and this is due to my horrible facial bone development. I can't speak for everyone else but I am quite certain that further weight loss isn't going to help those of us who are in the same boat :/ if only though...
correct.
I even know people who are very much overweight who have lean, angular, 'chiseled' faces.
It's all about having properly projected bones that properly support the underlying tissue.

In my case, I think I need my jaws moved forward a little, as well as having a slightly longer ramus.

ForeverDet

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 11:48:18 AM »
correct.
I even know people who are very much overweight who have lean, angular, 'chiseled' faces.
It's all about having properly projected bones that properly support the underlying tissue.

In my case, I think I need my jaws moved forward a little, as well as having a slightly longer ramus.

I have no horse in this race so just shooting the s**t but I'm skeptical anyone with is really overweight aka legit obese like 33% body fat or more will have chiseled face. Maybe not pillsbury dough boy face but even with strong prominent structure, it'll be covered up mostly with fat.

Got any photographic evidence of these rare and elusive chiseled face fatties? And I'm not fat shaming, it's a term of endearment as well as scientific terminology.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 03:41:36 PM »
Listen you f**king plasmabots to have prominent cheekbones you need the f**king bonestructure first. If you don't have that no matter how skinny you get you won't have the type facial definition we're talking about.

That said, if you were to go anorexic skinny you would have chiselled features but they wouldn't necessarily be attractive at ALL. So stop arguing about this. You need the hi cheekboned bonestructure and then being slim is just icing on cake.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2015, 04:24:51 PM »
Listen you f**king plasmabots to have prominent cheekbones you need the f**king bonestructure first. If you don't have that no matter how skinny you get you won't have the type facial definition we're talking about.

That said, if you were to go anorexic skinny you would have chiselled features but they wouldn't necessarily be attractive at ALL. So stop arguing about this. You need the hi cheekboned bonestructure and then being slim is just icing on cake.
Yeah, all that my weight loss revealed was severe recession everywhere.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2015, 04:43:10 AM »
I agree that nobody who is obese fat will have a chiseled face.
It's also maybe important that we define chiseled.
I guess i'm referring too being able to make out the underlying boney structure.

I have a friend I play football with who is fat. Not obese. He's about 5'10 and probably weighs about 210lbs.
His face looks 'better' than mine and i'm a similar height, but about 160 lbs and am in much better shape.
His jawline is more prominent and visible.
His lower cheeks look as though they're glued to his teeth to his chin looks nice and defined and his cheeks don't blend into the rest of the side of his face when he smiles.

These 2 girls, the one of the left is a fair bit fatter than the one on the right, but I think her face is much more defined and model like. Chiseled.

Or an example of someone who is lean, muscly and 'ripped', but who has an undefined face in my opinion.
I think his bone structure is such that no matter how little fat he has, he can't get a 'chiseled' face.
In fact, whatever it is about his face that makes that the case, I feel as though I have some of the same issues, as I can see certain similarities between us.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ForeverDet

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 06:38:08 AM »
jester-

Right I agree. I definitely also see "bigger" people with good definition and then fairly normal weight people with a ton of fat on their face.

As far as the photo of the two girls... even without seeing their face fully, the one you think is more model like has a better face in general. It's obvious from the nice size and shape of her nose and how it's fits between her eyes in balance with her lower third. It's a confounder.

Same with the dude, give him a more optimal relationship between his features so he's perceived as better looking, the chiseled part won't matter altho obviously can't hurt.

That said, I get what your saying.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2015, 12:17:54 AM »
If all your features look perfect (like that long haired dude), it looks fake and unattractive. I personally think the most attractive people are those with just mostly good features.

Really don't like this mentality. You can digitally create a perfect face that looks attractive. His face looks weird for a number of simple reasons.

1) He got a rhino which has f**ked his facial proportions. You can see in profile there's clearly something not 'right'. It's deprojected too much and simply doesn't occur in nature.
2) He has a long philtrum with no upper lip. That looks weird.
3) Teeth are unnaturally white and straight.
4) Jaw looks too sharp and exaggerated relative to the rest of his facial features.

He's a case for why poorly planned plastic surgery is a bad idea, not that somehow fixing one's flaws will result in becoming "too perfect" and therefore ugly.

As far as aging goes, it really does have to do with skin quality which is influenced by uv ray exposure, diet and genetics. I have terrible midface bone structure and although there is the same fat pad issue that TS described, it's quite feint and I have less lines than most teens, let alone wrinkles(I do have the neotonous problem with my features though. i.e. full lips and upturned button nose). I've seen other people age well despite weak bone structure. Just wanted to chime in on the aging aspect.

Absolutely agree, and it's why I've been so big on skin care (retin-a, sunscreen, UV avoidance, nutrient dense plant-based diet). For anyone without boney support taking care of the skin becomes that much more important.

trust me plasmabot, you will lose a lot of that fat just simply as you age --it's geneticcally there right now. try serious ufc style training and weight loss, eating clean and you'll lose it. Especially as you age.
To be honest, fat loss seems largely linked to UV exposure. Some in vitro studies seem to indicate that sunscreen would prevent fat loss.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.