Author Topic: Thoughts on fillers for flat cheeks/midface?  (Read 5370 times)

marcus3415

Thoughts on fillers for flat cheeks/midface?
« on: January 10, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
Hi all,

Before surgery I had a pretty flat midface (genetic)   After surgery, I would say it didn't improve much and maybe even got a little worse/sunken.  I had a genio done so now my jaw and chin are strong but middle face weak.

What are peoples thoughts on fillers? I'm in my early 20s and. I don't want to have another surgery or cheek augmentation.

Are fillers a good option for some fullness? Or are they feminizing? Looking for non permanent  options. Do I discuss this with my surgeon or a dermatologist / plastic surgeon?

Thanks for any advice.

chinnychinchin

Re: Thoughts on fillers for flat cheeks/midface?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 04:31:28 PM »
Did you have upper jaw surgery?

marcus3415

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 05:45:13 PM »
Did you have upper jaw surgery?

Yes I did have upper jaw and lower

chinnychinchin

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:08:39 AM »

Yes I did have upper jaw and lower

Hmm what was the movement? How far are you post-op? Swelling could be creating a false impression that it got worse since in practice the upper should've helped the situation.

marcus3415

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:29:58 AM »
I don't know the movements actually. Any of them (lower Chin kr upper). I'm 8 months post op, fully recovered.

I'd say it's more of a genetic thing. Cheekless lmao

chinnychinchin

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 04:28:59 PM »
I don't know the movements actually. Any of them (lower Chin kr upper). I'm 8 months post op, fully recovered.

I'd say it's more of a genetic thing. Cheekless lmao

I think general consensus is to give it a year to let things fully settle.

marcus3415

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 04:42:49 PM »
I'm healed but if I did wait a hear, do you think fillers are a good play or generally speaking no? I believe all is settled but jind of trying to get an idea on the concept.

Bobbit

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 05:23:38 PM »
I'm healed but if I did wait a hear, do you think fillers are a good play or generally speaking no? I believe all is settled but jind of trying to get an idea on the concept.

If you are healed and the swelling is gone - -  you might consider some fat grafting rather than other fillers. 

Plastic surgeons that are truly artists at that are rare.   I have seen some really spectacular results.  But you should find a plastic surgeon who is comfortable doing the bone work, implants,  and also experienced at fat grafting.  They do what they recommend -  if it make sense.

Rico

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 11:17:32 PM »
Do not install any implant. It's bad

If you ask why - I picture you one of the problem

fillers why not ?  but what happen when you become more skinny :) ?  the fillers stay the same - assymetry

the only best option , the most professional is zygomatic bone repositioning., but it's not so easy surgery, quite tricky
I underwant such thing after overlooked fracture

It's set very nice. but too early for me to tell if eveyrthing is good, no complications etc.  As far only mild issues.

Rico

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
I ment ZYGOMATIC OSTEOTMY / REPOSITION (FULL COMPLEX)  it's a whole bone including zygomatic arch and sometimes even maxilla
It gives you everything you want ... but it's very complex and professional soluation, most surgeons can't do it. It's rare procedure and i know a lot about that ;)
However I believe it's only option for a man, because that gives aggressive like cheekbone and you don't kill zygomatic small nerves during this procedure - if performed correctly.  No implant, filler will give you aggressive look like cheekbone, because a surgeon must destroy your zygomatic nerves in that case, so it must be installer little lower. Hence it's more for women. They can have more rounded cheekbone (prominence on lower part)

if someone talks about sandwich zygomatic osteotomy or something similar then write this. use full names of procedures

ZYGOMATIC BONE REPOSITION IN MEDICAL BOOKS MEANS WHOLE COMPLEX.. NOT SANDWICH OR OTHER HAMBURGER
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:14:33 PM by Rico :) »

marcus3415

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »
Just looking for mild fullness haha not another surgery of the maxilla!

Rico

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 01:47:58 AM »
look at the skull where is zygomatic bone and where maxilla :)

overlooked fracture must be cut often including maxilla, because the weakest point of the malar bone (zygoma + maxilla)  is the maxillary bone -line fracture cross the infraorbital canal (nerve)  and zygomatic arch  + orbital rim + orbital floor + lateral wall of the orbit

zygomatic bone (complex) reposition can be done  near the commissure + the rest like in the fracture

generally you can try to get some fight you will get clean cut if you break malar bone :)  and from that point ask surgeon for a new position... but it's no so easy :D    breaking malar bone even wont give you so much swelling as surgery :)

but you risking complication with the eye if the displacemenet will be too big

I have to add you that during fracture, UNCONTROLLED fracture I lost only 20% of nerve function,  but during surgery 100% :D
fracture crossed the nerve

I give this funny example to anyone who can avoid surgery..... if you can than avoid... really fractures has less complications often than big surgery

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 07:45:01 AM »
My cheekbones are flat and I would very much like to get some more projection, especially anterior or rather from the 3/4th view. I am male so, rounded low cheeks are to be avoided.

A Zygomatic reposition like Rico is talking about seems very invasive, I might have some orbita issues as well though. Perhaps solving both those in one operation is worth the risks, question is if someone would actually perform it on me, or if I'm even a proper candidate?

If that falls through or turns out to be unrealistic then implants are my only permanent option I guess, or is there any other kind of osteotomy that might be good for men?

Rico

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 02:53:32 PM »
to be honest. f... the surgery. that's you. accept yourself. you are not deformed, no fracture...just leave it.. believe me. not worth

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 09:24:55 PM »
to be honest. f... the surgery. that's you. accept yourself. you are not deformed, no fracture...just leave it.. believe me. not worth

Rico you are without a doubt the most schizophrenic person on this site.