Author Topic: is this possible result for my upcoming lefort 1?  (Read 2198 times)

eripsa

is this possible result for my upcoming lefort 1?
« on: January 16, 2016, 06:19:54 PM »
I've had braces for over a year now and my lefort 1 for gummy smile + underbite (I know, weird combo huh?) is coming up.

Here are photos of me: http://imgur.com/a/tIs2g

The surgeon said he would be moving my upper jaw up 4-5mm and forward w/ CCW as much as the lower jaw would rotate counter clockwise to meet the new position of the lower teeth.

Thanks guys for any feedback.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:34:57 PM by eripsa »

marcus3415

Re: is this possible result for my upcoming lefort 1?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »
Lol

eripsa

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 07:05:09 PM »

marcus3415

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
Yeah man, you're already good looking your results will be great. Just live life til surgery and recovery man haha

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 11:02:37 PM »
Agreed you're good looking and you'll look amazing after. You'll be swollen and will look a bit puffed out for a while before the swelling goes down. So realize it'll be about 4-6 months before the final result shows. But you'll look great.

Icy

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 11:20:19 PM »
I agree too! You already look great, you're going to look fantastic after surgery! I'm excited for you, good luck!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 11:24:28 PM »
Make sure you don't get over impacted.  It's better to show a little too much gum than none at all.  The latter is ageing. 

eripsa

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 07:03:36 PM »
Yeah man, you're already good looking your results will be great. Just live life til surgery and recovery man haha
Agreed you're good looking and you'll look amazing after. You'll be swollen and will look a bit puffed out for a while before the swelling goes down. So realize it'll be about 4-6 months before the final result shows. But you'll look great.
I agree too! You already look great, you're going to look fantastic after surgery! I'm excited for you, good luck!

marcus3415

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 09:24:36 PM »
Make sure you don't get over impacted.  It's better to show a little too much gum than none at all.  The latter is ageing.

What does this mean? I noticed after full recovery that my bite is kind of tight, and that I show minimal gum when I smile :/

eripsa

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »
What does this mean? I noticed after full recovery that my bite is kind of tight, and that I show minimal gum when I smile :/

I think he means that if impacted too much, you won't show any gum and this is probably worse when you're older as your upper lip falls down as you age

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 03:11:59 PM »
I think he means that if impacted too much, you won't show any gum and this is probably worse when you're older as your upper lip falls down as you age
My starting point was different.   I had no tooth show to begin with.  Maxilla now sits  about 2 mm too high after advancement.   Should have been down grafted but wasn't. My tooth show is better than it was, but it's not ideal.