Author Topic: Another Sliding Genioplasty with Dr Gunson  (Read 12525 times)

Tezcatli

Re: Another Sliding Genioplasty with Dr Gunson
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 08:20:13 PM »
We didn't use any bone grafts. It was a straight forward horizontal advancement with HA paste to smooth out the step off, and also a little paste to prevent the creation of a deep mento-labial fold. This is something which I was quite concerned about, in fact I even went as far as asking Dr Gunson to give me a flat chin, but he explained it would look unnatural and that the chin should have a subtle S curve to it.

Yes, I have no mentolabial fold and it is not good. I want one.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2016, 11:53:22 PM »
I don't think there's been too much change from the front. Here are some images for comparison.

Looks friggin amazing man, congrats. Very handsome and masculine jawline and balanced profile. Gunson did a great job. Personally, I want a bit of a pointy exaggerated chin, but yours is completely in line with your face and look fantastic. You should be over the moon.

SJay

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 03:39:10 AM »
Thanks, I'm glad I did it. I just wish I'd done it sooner, before messing with my nose, which is something I'd definitely recommend to anyone considering the two procedures.

needadvancement

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 10:59:43 AM »
We didn't use any bone grafts. It was a straight forward horizontal advancement with HA paste to smooth out the step off, and also a little paste to prevent the creation of a deep mento-labial fold. This is something which I was quite concerned about, in fact I even went as far as asking Dr Gunson to give me a flat chin, but he explained it would look unnatural and that the chin should have a subtle S curve to it.

And if you got the 9mm's done, would you then have needed bone grafts for the empty space?

SJay

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 03:26:59 PM »
Bone grafts were never discussed, so I suspect not.

SJay

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 03:38:24 PM »
Apparently the osteoblasts will just do their thing and bone will fill up the gap. Dr G just said I need to make sure I don't take a blow to the face in the next six months, and everything should be good.

SJay

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 02:18:23 AM »
Say I did decide I wanted another few mm at a later date, does anyone know if it's possible to do a second genio once the bone has fully healed. Remove the previous screws and slide forward another 3 or 4 mm? I'm just wondering, if the bone fills in the gap, then once you're healed it's like you were born with a larger chin, and then there's nothing to stop you doing it again, and again, and again... in theory. So, theoretically, there's no limit to the advancement that can be achieved with genioplasty, if done in stages? Not that I want several, maybe just a few more mm, but I'm interested if this logic is correct.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 02:44:38 AM »
That's the modus operandi with chin wings - 2 are better than one. I don't see why that wouldn't be the case with genioplasty as well.  I guess the main question is what such large genioplasties do to the lower lip.

Vic

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2016, 04:21:01 AM »
Say I did decide I wanted another few mm at a later date, does anyone know if it's possible to do a second genio once the bone has fully healed. Remove the previous screws and slide forward another 3 or 4 mm? I'm just wondering, if the bone fills in the gap, then once you're healed it's like you were born with a larger chin, and then there's nothing to stop you doing it again, and again, and again... in theory. So, theoretically, there's no limit to the advancement that can be achieved with genioplasty, if done in stages? Not that I want several, maybe just a few more mm, but I'm interested if this logic is correct.

Yes, you can do multiple Genioplastys before or after the bone has healed

needadvancement

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2016, 11:46:02 AM »
After you're done healing and you're still thinking about it just try the fillers on your chin to see what it looks like.

SJay

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2016, 09:20:23 AM »
Good to know. I'm happy enough with it, but it is a bit off and it's nice to know that it's at least a possibility. Thanks for all your input.

SJay

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2016, 12:20:26 PM »
One month post op!

Generally very happy, my chin is still off but provided it doesn't get significantly smaller (I think the swelling has gone), I'm going to stick with it. Though I probably will get the gonial notch removed, I never noticed it before but now Dr G pointed it out, it's all I can see.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:31:08 PM by SJay »

ditterbo

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 11:15:24 AM »
Looks great, the gonial notch I think you could get used to over time, if you don't obsess over it. Unless your lower lip was always ahead of your upper, there's probably some swelling remaining. 

..I haven't seen enough SG results, but based on that gonial notch, it seems to me as though he moved half your lower jaw forward.. Like as if he did a mini chin wing.  That can't be right though?  The notch just looks really far back along your jawline in that shot. 

SJay

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2016, 08:32:17 AM »
Yeah, my lower lip has always been ahead of my upper. I always had a very full lower lip, in fact, I had lower lip reduction several years ago, which improved it, plus the genio has also moved it in a little more.

The notch is nothing to do with the surgery, the bone was cut far away from this region, it's just the way my jaw grew. And it was always there, it's just that I never thought it was strange until it was pointed out.

Vic

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2016, 06:29:59 AM »
Hi Sjay, can you upload a pic of you before and after showing your genio results. I tried to find the pics you uploaded before but they seem to have disappeared