Author Topic: Another Sliding Genioplasty with Dr Gunson  (Read 12522 times)

SJay

Re: Another Sliding Genioplasty with Dr Gunson
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2016, 02:40:39 PM »
I took them down, ha, figured you guys had probably seen enough of me! But I'll put them back, more up to date ones (about 5 weeks post op now).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:53:50 AM by SJay »

needadvancement

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2016, 02:44:18 PM »
Looking good man! I wonder if the results are changing for weeks untill the bones heal, aside from the swelling i mean. Would you say the difference post-op was 'instant'? Again, I know it would be hard to tell due to swelling but still..

SJay

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2016, 02:57:51 PM »
And front...

Yeah, it was instant! It was probably a bit bigger the first couple of weeks due to the swelling, but if I gently touch it now it feels quite firm again. And it looks quite tight, so I think the skin is sitting on the underlying structure now without much swelling... I really don't want to lose any more projection, so I'm hoping it's not going to change much.

To be honest, the swelling really wasn't much of an issue. I could go out in public the day after, and I did. I walked straight through down town santa barbara to Dr G's office, and no one really blinked an eyelid.

I just couldn't pronounce a few words at first, and it was a bit awkward smiling etc, but that's all good now!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:54:06 AM by SJay »

needadvancement

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2016, 03:11:51 PM »
Maybe you're lucky, I've seen cases where people got some major swelling from this surgery. I took a week off from work just to be safe. Mine is coming up in about 6 weeks :P

SJay

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »
Maybe. Hope your surgery goes well, best of luck with it!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:35:35 PM by SJay »

Vic

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2016, 12:09:46 PM »
you've got such a solid jaw line. I have to say I'm jealous

SJay

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2016, 09:53:04 AM »
Thanks. It's a definite step in the right direction.

Vic

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2016, 02:03:47 PM »
I bet your confidence level as multiplied 10 times. Have you got any before and after Ceph X-Rays?

SJay

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2016, 02:48:37 PM »
Ha, I wish! I've not got the after ceph. Dr Gunson did take one the day after surgery to check everything was in place, but I never got a look at it. Here's the before, taken back in January, just before I had my braces out. It actually looked better in that ceph than it did in reality, somehow.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:54:17 AM by SJay »

needadvancement

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2016, 03:43:31 PM »
^It's because your head is tilted back more than usual when you take the x-ray which strengthens the chin. I had the same impression after seeing my ceph photos.
Anyway your before and after is looking like a very good improvement so far. It amazes me just how much change can be made with a couple of mm's.

Vic

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2016, 01:09:28 AM »
Thanks. You've got a nice strong and long ramus. It was defo the right decision not to take any height off the chin.
It does look like your head was dilted back, so the ceph looks like your chin is inline with the lowest part of your forehead bone, but with the 7mm advancement your chins probably in the same position with out your head being tilted back