Author Topic: When can I entertain friends after SURGERY PLEASE HELP!!!!  (Read 4024 times)

marcus3415

Re: When can I entertain friends after SURGERY PLEASE HELP!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 05:04:02 AM »
Hey Lazlo,

Had DJS w genio last year and I can't even fathom  going out and socializing just two or three weeks after surgery. you'll be banded, sore, drugged up still maybe, embarrassed, etc.

You'll also be really tired & not up for it. Also I hope your mental state is ready for the journey man

It's a really a long and drawn out experience and can it take a toll on you mentally if you're not ready for it.

thinkingme

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 05:46:04 AM »
Hey Lazlo,

Had DJS w genio last year and I can't even fathom  going out and socializing just two or three weeks after surgery. you'll be banded, sore, drugged up still maybe, embarrassed, etc.

You'll also be really tired & not up for it. Also I hope your mental state is ready for the journey man

It's a really a long and drawn out experience and can it take a toll on you mentally if you're not ready for it.

its really depend ur personality. i spoke people going school after 5-6 day after surgery. But he was really strong person.

marcus3415

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 05:56:41 AM »
Doctors  recommend that you take two weeks off from school Or work

JawKid7

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 07:28:25 AM »
I would say no. Also good luck it's about time you had this surgery since you've been posting here for a while.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 11:06:14 AM »
I went to a friend's birthday party 9 days after double jaw surgery.  I felt fantastic, but was still very swollen - so I had to explain to everyone that I just had jaw surgery.  I took my rubberbands off for the entire duration (6-7 hours).  Had a long conversation with someone... I'm pretty sure none of this is advisable though and my surgeon would have fainted had he known, but there you go.

Who was your surgeon?  How come some people say they felt like near death for months after surgery while some people are out and about in a week's time as if they had a tooth pulled or something?  Is it the patient's healing abilities or the surgeons skill???
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

jusken

• Private
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 11:13:53 PM »
Who was your surgeon?  How come some people say they felt like near death for months after surgery while some people are out and about in a week's time as if they had a tooth pulled or something?  Is it the patient's healing abilities or the surgeons skill???

Surgeon was Gunson.  My recovery was hell for the first few days, but it wasn't because of pain - I had almost no pain at all.  It was a reaction to the Tramadol I think.  After that I felt great (around day 5).   Recovery was a breeze except for the diet, which is always really hard.  I think the surgeon can reduce the chances of complications obviously, but the rest is just luck.