Author Topic: Wider Nose after Upper Jaw Surgery  (Read 7657 times)

David_D

• Private
Re: Wider Nose after Upper Jaw Surgery
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 08:10:16 AM »
I see your upper lip became shorter. Did you get lip lift surgery or was it from your jaw surgery?

It was from a lip lift plus mucosal reduction.  If I hadn't gotten the mucosal reduction, I think the lip lift would have further rolled out the upper lip.  For increase of tooth show, mucosal reduction can play a very important role.

Vincent999

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 10:56:24 AM »
It was from a lip lift plus mucosal reduction.  If I hadn't gotten the mucosal reduction, I think the lip lift would have further rolled out the upper lip.  For increase of tooth show, mucosal reduction can play a very important role.
I've never heard of mucosal reduction, very interesting. If I'm understanding correctly, without the mucosal reduction the upper lip would protrude and curl more outwards and look feminine? Do you mind sharing who performed your lip lift? It's one of the best I've seen.

Vic

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »

How long does it take to recover from a lip lift with the swelling and scarring?

David_D

• Private
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 11:14:45 AM »
I've never heard of mucosal reduction, very interesting. If I'm understanding correctly, without the mucosal reduction the upper lip would protrude and curl more outwards and look feminine? Do you mind sharing who performed your lip lift? It's one of the best I've seen.

I PM'd you information about my surgeon, Oscar Ramirez.

My own understanding is that the mucosal reduction tended to prevent the lip from curling out and looking more feminine.  Basically, this is a "lip reduction," and I think it's more often employed in people who want to debulk their lips.  I think it's a good pairing with the male lip lift in particular, or for someone who's purpose is to increase tooth show.

David_D

• Private
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 11:18:27 AM »
How long does it take to recover from a lip lift with the swelling and scarring?

I think swelling has further come down since that photo I posted.  It was a number of weeks until things started looking less swollen.  Honestly, it took some time for me to adjust to having a shorter upper lip.  I think that within two months I was more or less OK with the remnant reduced level of swelling.  I'm at the 4.5 month point now.  I don't notice the scarring.  It's pretty well-concealed at the base of my nose and along with the crease where the nostrils meet the cheeks.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 11:22:29 AM »
I think swelling has further come down since that photo I posted.  It was a number of weeks until things started looking less swollen.  Honestly, it took some time for me to adjust to having a shorter upper lip.  I think that within two months I was more or less OK with the remnant reduced level of swelling.  I'm at the 4.5 month point now.  I don't notice the scarring.  It's pretty well-concealed at the base of my nose and along with the crease where the nostrils meet the cheeks.
Looks good.
Do you have any lip strain? Can you fully closed your lips?

David_D

• Private
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 11:31:34 AM »
Looks good.
Do you have any lip strain? Can you fully closed your lips?

I definitely could not close my lips at first.  Now I can close them and form a seal with not much effort.  My resting position is not with the lips fully closed.  At rest, the central lips are about 2-3 mm open.  I imagine that with further reduction in the bit of remaining tissue stiffness/swelling that that might further reduce.

tjarrr

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 09:13:25 PM »
Did Oscar Ramirez do the lip lift of this bloke too?

Edit apparently yes so, and the nose he says. And he had cheek implants with Oscar Ramirez.

to be honest, I don't like the cheek implants on that guy at all and it made his face look feminine. I can't figure out why though. Are the cheekbones set too low / are lower set cheekbones feminizing? Is there not enough lateral projection relative to the horizontal projection??

BTW, I got HA filler 2 days ago (malar and paranasal area) and while I'm definitely still waiting for the swelling to go down, it made my nose significantly wider. LF1 results could appear that way therefore due to post-surgical swelling, but my feeling is it's more likely an inevitable result of making the lower midface more convex.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 04:08:48 AM »
Yes, my nose is much wider.  I don't mind if much in repose.  In animation, it's not OK with me.  I've compensated by not smiling.  I will be having that addressed surgically.  I find it interesting just how much my nose got wider.

The after is on the right.

I had maxillary impaction and forward movement.  I think I shall be getting a rhinoplasty.

Was your breathing worse after rhino? I went from having a short fat wide nose with a masculine bridge to a narrow scooped out piece of crap with a deformed tip after my OP, i hate it SO much and wish I could back and not do it, then beat my surgeons head in. My breathing is awful and even though it was very crooked before it was atleast masculine.

Icy

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 04:22:09 AM »
My nose widened a little bit after my surgery, I'm waiting to see if it goes down a bit more since it's still very swollen. When I had my corrective septo-rhino my Dr didn't mess with the structure of my nose at all, just straightened my septum and straightened the bridge of my nose. I did go with a brilliant ENT though... some plastic surgeons do the most awful things, particularly where men's noses are concerned :(