Author Topic: Does this s**t really work?  (Read 5202 times)

Lestat

Re: Does this s**t really work?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 07:55:46 AM »
One of the questions/comments on the website:

Hi CP,

Do you think adults can experience the same level of change as children? I understand that it might take longer because the bone has stopped growing, but do you think that it is still possible to achieve the maximum palatal expansion and growth of the maxilla? How much change have you noticed on yourself and are there any cases of significant changes in adults, that you know of?

Thank for your posts.

Victoria

His answer:

"Change is possible in adults, how far we can go as adults is yet unknown. I have noticed changes but its not to the levels of change as seen in some of those kids yet.. but things continue to change with posture & enough dedication because bone remodels according to long term forces."

UKMaxfac

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 09:51:37 AM »
I'd steer clear of it.

If it does work (no rock solid proof of it in adults because 'I think i look different' is not substantial evidence) then it would take years anyway.
There is some dodgy stuff going on there. Neymarjr (stay away from him) is trying to charge people thousands of dollars to see said 'evidence'. It's comical and I'd avoid it at all costs.

Lestat

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 10:13:35 AM »
I'd steer clear of it.

If it does work (no rock solid proof of it in adults because 'I think i look different' is not substantial evidence) then it would take years anyway.
There is some dodgy stuff going on there. Neymarjr (stay away from him) is trying to charge people thousands of dollars to see said 'evidence'. It's comical and I'd avoid it at all costs.

I am grateful for the warning but please take a look at the links below.

http://claimingpower.com/beautymask/

http://claimingpower.com/squash-the-face-increase-of-facial-width-in-the-last-3-years-pictures-included/

http://claimingpower.com/picture-before-after-6-years-ago-widening-facial-structure/

For me gaining also only a few mm would be a success, even if it would take years.

Are you 100% sure that it does not work?

ppsk

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 03:56:47 PM »
When you see the pictures of the dude himself, you will know that it is bulls**t

CP was ugly 10 years ago and he's ugly now. The only notable changes he got was as a result of SURGICALLY ASSISTED palatal expansion. Everything else he has dropped money (foolishly) and time (also foolishly) into has been smoke and mirrors.

He also recently got him and his forum members scammed out of upwards of 15k believing OBVIOUS scam artist "neymarjr10" who promised them transformative results with his new proprietary technology and was charging $3000 just to "consult". Guess what happened? They payed like absolute idiots, he told them some bulls**t and then disappeared never to be heard from again. If you look at the archives, he has run the gamut of scam industries, his early content was all esoteric bulls**t, "the secret" style magical thinking, then he got into NCR (another quack scam) etc.

kjohnt

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 04:28:24 PM »
BS.  I once read all that and immediately realized the dude was talking results with no photo evidence.  Then I tried to read the forum and saw it is member only by way of fees.  Obvious scammer, taking money from the desperate and/or stupid.

Lestat

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 01:54:27 AM »
It is obvious that the website is cope.
f**king scammers!  >:(
Nevertheless I am grateful for the warning.

earl25

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 06:05:09 PM »
imo  no. There's a ton of psuedo science regarding looks going around the internet. Some have good intentions others are pure fraud.
IMO there nothing wrong with having a theory and  trying it out, but if it's unproven it should not be presented as fact and charged for.
CP will post about something new he's trying, actl ike it's 100% proven, pop open a bottle of champagne and celebrate....then we find out it didnt do anything.

Same with weston A price, vitamin k2 (not saying it doesnt do anything, but I havent seen any real studies saying it gas any impact of facial aesthetics, all ive seen is general bone health an oesteoperosis), cod liver oil ,face pulling etc.

even mew stuff, he has decent anecdotal evidence with kids but nothing for adults.

Lestat

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 11:44:28 AM »
imo  no. There's a ton of psuedo science regarding looks going around the internet. Some have good intentions others are pure fraud.
IMO there nothing wrong with having a theory and  trying it out, but if it's unproven it should not be presented as fact and charged for.
CP will post about something new he's trying, actl ike it's 100% proven, pop open a bottle of champagne and celebrate....then we find out it didnt do anything.

Same with weston A price, vitamin k2 (not saying it doesnt do anything, but I havent seen any real studies saying it gas any impact of facial aesthetics, all ive seen is general bone health an oesteoperosis), cod liver oil ,face pulling etc.

even mew stuff, he has decent anecdotal evidence with kids but nothing for adults.

Thank you for your clarification Earl!

What do you think about chewing gum? Does it help to make the face appear wider? Is it legit?

earl25

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 08:30:18 PM »
Thank you for your clarification Earl!

What do you think about chewing gum? Does it help to make the face appear wider? Is it legit?

I think gum chewing can help a bit but i think its mostly due to masseter muscle getting bigger. even so chewing gum wont do much imo, its a small firecracker compared to surgery which isa bomb. I chew mastic gum and do feel /think it makes my jaw look beter but its  subjective and I have no real proof it is. There are also times pre gum I'd wake up in the morning and think i look a bit different for the better etc.

I think there might be somethin to the whole chewing thing in children.  There seems to be good anecdotal evidence for that, however you never see what theyre parents look like. imo thats a big factor.  sometimes growth in any part of the body can lag then catch up. This isnt facial related but my dentists told me he graduated high school  with a height of 5'6 he figured he was done growing then all the sudden he had a growth spurt first year of college and is not 5'10. He def didnt take gh cause hes old, hes like in his late 70's. 
I have  yet to see any exaples even of kids where the kid is ugly, parents ugly then due to chewing or mewing or head gear etc become good looking. Not saying its not possible but I  havent seen proof of that.

Also there are plenty of kids who grow up vegetarians eating hard vegetables etc and theyre still ugly. There are plenty of kids grow up on the standard american garbage diet and are still good looking. I always say this models in my age range 25-32 all grew up for the most part eating the same garbage every one else did yet their still good looking. I dont beleive its as simple as chewing or vitamin k2.

There seems to be an anti genetic backlash lately, where people are blaming the enviroment more than genetics, now yes over TIME enviroment  can change genetics,but at this point whats done is done imo.

ALso I think some of these ppl are outright charletans. We live in 2017. It's actually farely easy to provide SOLID anecdotal evidence for these claims. Yes a full blind blind study is expensive and hard to do but solid anecdotal isnt.

Take NCR  for example. I have had it. Im not sure it works. I thought i saw changes but didnt last. I  had  3 session and stopped because of cost. my guy was on the cheaper side and a session of 4 inflations is still like 600 dollars. The "inventor" Dean Howell goes on about all these amazing things it can do but doesnt even provide basic basic anecdotal evidence that it actually moves the bones it claims to move and the face. Its very easy to provide solid anecdotal proof via scan. Take a guy , or if you want to argue not safe to do on a human then at least do it on a cadaver or animal (not trying to get into a animal rights argument) an do  pre and post inflation cone beam scan or maybe even x-ray might show it. Also photos. He hastons of before and after photos all not showing much difference except for 1 guy who had like 50+ inflation, but evenc if i think i do see some small change its hard to tell because the photos have diff angles, lighting etc. Its 2017 , simply  measure how far away from the subject your taking the pics in the before then repeat same distance in the after. same with lighting. Heck put a ruler or some type of measuring device neaRr the face in the  sets of pics. Its not hard, its not perfect but it would be enough for me. I actually wanted to continue ncr to see if the changes i thought i saw in my forehead would last but i cant justify that type of money for an unproven thing. It concerns me that these guys dont want to provide some type of proof. That neymaj guy is just plain scary. obvious scammer .

Jbird

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 07:26:32 PM »
On the gum thing, I also chew the mastic gum and it helps with the braces pain and soreness.  I have no evidence, but I think it makes my teeth stronger, as in weight bearing exercise is good for the bones. 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 08:04:57 PM »
On the gum thing, I also chew the mastic gum and it helps with the braces pain and soreness.  I have no evidence, but I think it makes my teeth stronger, as in weight bearing exercise is good for the bones.
Gum may damage the wire.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 09:33:27 PM »
I think mew is right but it's and his advice on chewing etc. is sold, but if you've had extractions forget it you're f**ked --you need to reverse that first.

earl25

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 04:51:14 PM »
Not convinced but adding to the anecdotal evidence, I have bad allergies and often mouth breathed a lot and my jaw is f**ked. It makes sense how tongue on the top of the mouth might prevent maxillary down growth and downswing of the jaw. But on the other hand, you see a lot of people with recessed jaws and normal occlusal planes without a long maxilla.

Well I will admit imo MEW has  more backing to his stuff than other people. I mean the myomunchie pics imo at least show chewing in kids does have an impact of how straight teeth are. I don't know if this translates into  MEWS theory that good bones = good teeth (I knew plenty of great looking kids with bad teeth, so I'm not sure about the correlation).

I feel the Weston A Price Foundation is total garbage. They have been around since like 1999 and I have spoken with some  very hard core members, hey have chapter presidents and true die hards. I their theories were right, then wouldn't we see tons of gorgeous kids coming out of that place. I would imagine their members would be posting pics (with eyes blacked out ) all over the place. Their meetings would be like an ancient greece meeting. I have emailed this question to some chapter presidents  and they give me a generic response of either "we have tons but cant show them" or  " because people have spent so many generations eating garbage, it take a long time before their methods will translate into physical facial changes in offspring" etc imo garbage. I actually read a blog from a Weston A Price follower who's kids (whom she raised on a strict Weston diet since birth) stared developing a messed up tooth Her dentist gave her the myo munchie to chew on and the tooth changed course and came in straight.

http://myomunchee.com/real-people/

I will say I am a hypocrite, because if I ever do have kids, yes I would try all this crap. Being ugly and having bone structure issues is too serious to not try a shot in the dark like this stuff.

Lestat

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »
What do you think about this study Earl?

http://www.symbiosisonlinepublishing.com/dentistry-oraldisorders-therapy/dentistry-oraldisorders-therapy35.pdf

Objectives: The study was designed to investigate the correlation between myofunctional exercises, including repositioning of the tongue onto the palate and changes in intercanine distance of the upper jaw in non-growing patients

Methods: In this retrospective study a total of 141 women and men above the age of 18, treated by the Coulson Institute of Orofacial Myology, with no simultaneous orthodontic therapy, were included. All subjects have participated in a myofunctional therapy program for at least 8 months. The training consisted of various muscle exercises for the lips, cheeks, tongue and body posture and breathing. Additionally, the patients put a small dissolvable gelatine pad onto the palate three times a day to assist the swallowing function. Throughout therapy the length of the philtrum, intercanine distance and overjet were measured.

Results: After 8 sessions the average intercanine distance increased by 3.2 mm, the philtrum elongated by 5.4 mm and the overjet decreased by 1.2 mm.

Conclusion: The results indicate that tooth position can be changed by muscle therapy, even in non-growing subjects. This implies that muscle training can be a highly supportive therapy for orthodontic treatment.