Author Topic: Mommaerts prices have gone up?  (Read 6538 times)

Moon Pix 1985

Re: Mommaerts prices have gone up?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:03 PM »
well, european doctors are generally much cheaper than USA. partially due to the uhc and also high taxes on citizens. here it is possible to pay 50k-100k for surgery with savings and medical loans...european would take much longer to do that i would imagine.

because orthognathic surgery is excluded by a lot of insurances here doctors can charge what they want...the average fee is usually 25k.

Who do you think sets the bar for the rest of the world in terms of surgery? Im led to believe that it is the States because when I saw those posts about how Mommaerts had raised his prices I decided to hit google and try to track down somebody else who could possibly sort me out and during my searched I noticed that surgeons in Latin America make a big thing about it if they have US Accreditation.

Do you think there is really much difference between the standards in the States and Europe?

CK

• Private
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 01:07:15 PM »
Who do you think sets the bar for the rest of the world in terms of surgery? Im led to believe that it is the States because when I saw those posts about how Mommaerts had raised his prices I decided to hit google and try to track down somebody else who could possibly sort me out and during my searched I noticed that surgeons in Latin America make a big thing about it if they have US Accreditation.

Do you think there is really much difference between the standards in the States and Europe?

well there are mediocre surgeons in the usa.

i would say surgeons in europe can be just as good. oral surgery is fairly competitive and not any dentist can gain acceptance into the programs.

latin america has different standards. the cost in the US is inflated because of our poorly managed health care system.

pumukka

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 06:05:29 AM »
I believe some doctors in the U.S could charge you 200k and make you take a medical loan for the rest of you live for surgery instead of a house if they wanted to because "they can get away with it"

there is no free health care, i know there are some free clinics but the only way to get medical/surgery done is by private insurance or loans really. Here its free, even if its by long waiting list or if you have a serious problem, but some insurances also might cover it too. So its not like they can put super high prices really..

Same as for colleges over there, its crazy how much you pay when we have good colleges for free here. Of course we also have expensive private ones..