Author Topic: UK surgeons - not many options?  (Read 5784 times)

Vic

Re: UK surgeons - not many options?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 12:35:16 PM »
Well yeah but time is also a concern of mine, I don't want to spend ages waiting around for consultations (consults with orthos can take a LONG time, esp if they're popular) just to end up being refused for treatment, finding one quickly would be great. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll tie in a meeting with him when I fly out to London to see Joel Defrancq. I'm located in the north of the UK but travelling to London for ortho treatment wouldn't bother me, I just want to get the ball rolling with this stuff.
Consultations with Daljit Gill are quick, you can get one the following week. He only works from 2 - 8 on a Tuesday in London though on Harley Street. The rest of the days he works in Watford. So plan ahead if you want to see him at a specific time

Chinamick

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »
Hi guys,

Im based in England and am shopping around for jaw surgery, which is fairly limited in terms of the amount of surgeons who come recommended. Paul Johnson & Piet Haers sound like 2 options, but I've heard bad things about the former recently and I don't know much about the other.

I am absolutely unwilling to go to another country to get it done - too much hassle flying myself there combined with getting hotels sorted and having my family fly out as well - so it has to be here.

What other options are there besides them and Caroline Mills? (I have no idea how good she is either)

I need bimaxillary osteotomy by the way

Hey buddy, im in the exact sameboat, same surgery needed too. Hows your investigation going?

Plop

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 02:43:01 PM »
Has anyone chosen a surgeon yet. I'm from the midlands and not too many here wondering what others have experienced going private.