Author Topic: Anyone had Jaw Surgery with Dr. Jordan Deschamps-Braly?  (Read 5472 times)

OHjawz

Anyone had Jaw Surgery with Dr. Jordan Deschamps-Braly?
« on: April 06, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »
Has anyone had any jaw work done by Dr. Descamps-Braly out in San Fran before?

newchin

Re: Anyone had Jaw Surgery with Dr. Jordan Deschamps-Braly?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 01:46:56 PM »
I consulted with him for a revision genioplasty and removal of HA paste and was quoted $31,000. Instead I went to London and for almost $10,000 less I had a neck lift, chin muscle repair, chin implant, implants to disguise huge step off from old genio (thanks again mommaerts) and an open rhinoplasty. My Surgeons were Lucian Ion (one of the worlds best rhino Drs) and Henri Thuau (jaw surgeon from Switzerland). Just be aware you will get a lot more bang for your buck elsewhere imo. Also Braly's work that he showed me was all mostly facial feminization stuff, not sure how one would fare going for things other than that.

ppsk

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »
I consulted with him for a revision genioplasty and removal of HA paste and was quoted $31,000. Instead I went to London and for almost $10,000 less I had a neck lift, chin muscle repair, chin implant, implants to disguise huge step off from old genio (thanks again mommaerts) and an open rhinoplasty. My Surgeons were Lucian Ion (one of the worlds best rhino Drs) and Henri Thuau (jaw surgeon from Switzerland). Just be aware you will get a lot more bang for your buck elsewhere imo. Also Braly's work that he showed me was all mostly facial feminization stuff, not sure how one would fare going for things other than that.

Surgery in switzerland was less than bank breaking?

Wow. I wonder what Thuau's prices for double jaw are.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 04:09:30 PM »
How much of DB's quote was hospital?

newchin

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 04:44:33 PM »
Thuau flew into London for my surgery to work alongside Dr Ion. I think it was in the region of 6 for hospital I cant recall. Just my experience :)

OHjawz

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 02:04:36 AM »
Also Braly's work that he showed me was all mostly facial feminization stuff, not sure how one would fare going for things other than that.

That's the most of what I've seen from him too.  I'm just looking for someone who can do a revision double jaw well.  I do not intend to do any implants or things like that (a revision rhino/septo might be on the table too, but that's it).  The suggestion I have from another jaw surgeon is a single piece lefort to re-place the upper jaw properly after a very bad first placement and a sagittal split to bring an uneven lower jaw even and rotate to match the upper jaw's new proper placement.  I just want to find a someone whose reputation and work speak for themselves in order to minimize the risk of another bad placement and a 3rd surgery, 2nd revision.  Perhaps you can tell me a little about this Dr. Thuau?
*Always open to other jaw doc suggestions and leads from anybody

OHjawz

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 10:47:49 AM »
Did you end up going with him for your bimax revision?

newchin

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 12:33:35 AM »
That's the most of what I've seen from him too.  I'm just looking for someone who can do a revision double jaw well.  I do not intend to do any implants or things like that (a revision rhino/septo might be on the table too, but that's it).  The suggestion I have from another jaw surgeon is a single piece lefort to re-place the upper jaw properly after a very bad first placement and a sagittal split to bring an uneven lower jaw even and rotate to match the upper jaw's new proper placement.  I just want to find a someone whose reputation and work speak for themselves in order to minimize the risk of another bad placement and a 3rd surgery, 2nd revision.  Perhaps you can tell me a little about this Dr. Thuau?
*Always open to other jaw doc suggestions and leads from anybody

Thuau was nice and he did try his best but in my case he wasn't able to do anything to fix my previous surgeons mistakes so I can't say I vouch for his revision work as mine was 100% failed. However if you are looking for revision rhino, Dr Lucian Ions work is amazing. I love my nose now and it's so natural looking. He's very well known for his rhinoplasty and revision rhino work. Look him up I think you'll be impressed.

The only other jaw surgeons that stand out to me from word of mouth are arnett/gunson and Barry eppley who's name pops up often however he does have baggage with a previous patient running a smear campaign against him for a failed op but I do feel like she had mental issues tbh. Sorry to ramble! Ion for nose, jaw work I'm not sure hope you find someone good!

OHjawz

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »
Thuau was nice and he did try his best but in my case he wasn't able to do anything to fix my previous surgeons mistakes so I can't say I vouch for his revision work as mine was 100% failed. However if you are looking for revision rhino, Dr Lucian Ions work is amazing. I love my nose now and it's so natural looking. He's very well known for his rhinoplasty and revision rhino work. Look him up I think you'll be impressed.

The only other jaw surgeons that stand out to me from word of mouth are arnett/gunson and Barry eppley who's name pops up often however he does have baggage with a previous patient running a smear campaign against him for a failed op but I do feel like she had mental issues tbh. Sorry to ramble! Ion for nose, jaw work I'm not sure hope you find someone good!

Cool, thank you for the info.  I'll look into that Dr. Ions a little bit.

I have a consult scheduled for Arnett-Gunson in Oct so we'll see how that goes and what price they quote me

OHjawz

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 12:37:30 PM »
No. He was out of network on my insurance.

May I ask if he gave you a surgical plan and a price?

Lefortitude

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 09:02:56 PM »
He does a very promissing superior orbital rim osteotomy, which he performs for patients undergoing facial masculinization. Its supposed to create those thick forward grown hunter brows, make the eyes appear more deep set, reduce upper eyelid exposure and improve gabella bossing.  I would consider undergoing this with him in the future.

OHjawz

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 08:16:17 AM »
He does a very promissing superior orbital rim osteotomy, which he performs for patients undergoing facial masculinization. Its supposed to create those thick forward grown hunter brows, make the eyes appear more deep set, reduce upper eyelid exposure and improve gabella bossing.  I would consider undergoing this with him in the future.

What is that?

Wraparoundshotgunimplant

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 12:10:09 PM »

I've consulted with him and never heard of him doing an osteo in that area. He uses cement I beleive.

OHjawz

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 10:38:00 AM »
I've consulted with him and never heard of him doing an osteo in that area. He uses cement I beleive.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  What does he use cement for?

Lefortitude

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 11:23:54 AM »
On his website at http://deschamps-braly.com/facial-masculinization-surgery-fms/masculinizing-forehead-lengthening-and-augmentation/

"Forehead Augmentation surgery involves an incision either right at, or behind the hairline, depending on whether or not the hairline position needs to be changed. Although the exact procedure for each patient is different, most often the brow bone is osteotomized and reconstructed to be more masculinize, and the orbital bones are reshaped to reflect masculine characteristics."

He goes on to say he also uses cement to add more dramatic augmentation.