Author Topic: Surgeon consultation time  (Read 1657 times)

Riozen

Surgeon consultation time
« on: December 12, 2018, 06:58:06 AM »
Hey dear forum!
I’m sorry if this has been asked again but so far I’ve looked and haven’t seen that question around.
I have sleep apnea and visibly recessed jaws - my profile looks awful-  :'( and I really want to fix this as fast as possible before I begin uni, aka until August.
But sadly I’ve heard that  the best and most wanted surgeons always book  consultations in 8 months and then the surgery waiting is as much.
So I have been looking for surgeons that will complete all this process within 8 months or less.
Would love to hear  suggestions and personal experiences.
Thanks in advance!

dammit_daniel

Re: Surgeon consultation time
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 09:59:57 AM »
Hi Riozen
Do you have a good bite? Are your teeth straight and do your upper and lower teeth fit together nicely?(maybe you had braces)

If you don't have a good bite already 8 months might be pushing it, because you might need teeth straightened with braces.

And have you had wisdom teeth out? Some surgeons will want them out 6 months prior to surgery but some do it during the jaw surgery!

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 10:49:52 AM »
You probably have not seen your question asked here because people usually want to know who the GOOD doctors are. Your statement reflects you KNOW that getting a good one takes TIME. It also reflects you are ruling OUT the good doctors 'because' it takes TIME (to find one, get a consult, prep time as in braces to adjust teeth for the surgery etc.)  So your question resolves to needing to find a NOT SO good one 'because' you are in a hurry.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Riozen

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 04:29:57 PM »
I am in a hurry cause I’ll start studying abroad and I won’t have enough time and money to go through that process then. While now I am free from school and I won’t get anxious if my recovery interferes with my daily duties.
And as for my bite, it isn’t good but I won’t mind if the braces, my main concern is the surgery

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 04:39:02 PM »
I am in a hurry cause I’ll start studying abroad and I won’t have enough time and money to go through that process then. While now I am free from school and I won’t get anxious if my recovery interferes with my daily duties.
And as for my bite, it isn’t good but I won’t mind if the braces, my main concern is the surgery

Being in a hurry is a bad way to find a maxfax surgeon for a process that normally takes more time than you have to do it.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

dvfan

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 01:38:35 AM »
Being in a hurry is a bad way to find a maxfax surgeon for a process that normally takes more time than you have to do it.

This should be a sticky, lol.

korvitz

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 02:58:35 AM »
It is indeed an bad idea to rush the surgery process but if you can find an orthodontist who does Wilckodontics to speed up the orthodontic preparation then you could perhaps have surgery a little bit eariler.

Though keep in mind that your first priority in choosing an orthodontist ishould not be if they do Wilckodontics or not but how experienced they are with surgical cases & cases similar to yours.