General Category > Aesthetics

Clockwise Rotation / Anterior Downgraft

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tati:
Another functional concern is that, since surgery, if I laugh a lot or smile for a while, my nasal base begins to hurt and soon after that my septum.

Does anyone have a clue what it might be?

Tati:
Here's a recent ceph..

kavan:

--- Quote from: Tati on November 15, 2017, 03:48:04 AM ---Thanks for the info everyone!

My maxilla was advanced 10mm and my jaw 5mm (was class III) in a previous surgery. Airway space wasn't an issue before, much less now.

I actually want the subsequent setback that comes with CW, given I don't like how advanced my lower third is and the smile is somewhat unnatural.

Maybe my question should have been if these aspects could improve to a certain degree.

Concerns in mind would be a steep jaw angle and more strain on the chin.

Also note, before any procedure, even if I lifted the upper lip all the way up, I couldn't begin to see my gums (in case anyone is wondering how a maxilla could be advanced so much, and result in little to no teeth show).

--- End quote ---

Subsequent CW rotation to lower jaw is back and down. Make sure you understand the 'set back' aspect you want comes with downward aspect too. Your concerns are consistent with basic geometry concepts that apply to rotations. The inclination of the mandibular plane would increase in steepness consistent with the degree of CW rotation. With that, the chin orientation displaces back and down as in more angled away from a vertical where more 'effort' would be needed to lift the lower lip UP.

PloskoPlus:
Not sure if CW is a good idea in your case - your occlusal plane is moderately steep as it is. How long is your upper lip?  It seems to be folding over your lower lip.

Tati:
I understand there's a give and take with most anything, which is why I'm not completely sold on the idea.

As far as lip length, I can say I have very plump lips and my philthrum is short-ish, per what I see in the mirror.

I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue and still have trouble reaching the upper part of my teeth with a toothbrush, specially where the anterior nasal spine lies. It's tough to imagine room for a lip lift.

- The photo is the bottom half of my face. I had a plate removed last week which caused the swelling and bruising seen on one side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version