Author Topic: Future is bright, do what you can in the meantime.  (Read 21934 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Future is bright, do what you can in the meantime.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 11:42:13 AM »
I'm just assuming GJ will find it funny.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 09:08:00 AM »
I'm just assuming GJ will find it funny.

Yes, and sad. While looks make things easier for people, they aren't the end all. That people believe this is really unfortunate.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 10:16:10 AM »
Yes, and sad. While looks make things easier for people, they aren't the end all. That people believe this is really unfortunate.

One does not have to be a model, but they just have to be "good enough" where EVERYONE doesn't reject them off the basis of looks.

Also a person knows they are pretty bad looking when they have girls throughout elementary and middle school saying "eww" to their face. (taking about myself)

I know there are some forums where there are guys who are near-model even who call themselves "subhuman" since they have minor things like slight negative canthal tilt or a slightly long midface but otherwise excellent bone structure. I cringe at seeing those guys.

Or even average looking posters who have some obsession with sleeping with as many women who they can over having a long lasting LTR who say they are doomed since they are average looking.

I find their mindset unfortunate.

haven

• Private
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »
I don't know what you look like, but if you look like most of the posters on here I think youre giving yourself too hard of a time. You should consider getting therapy. Most people I've seen post here don't look inherently bad. Are there some that would greatly benefit from surgery? Sure.

Kids say a lot of dumb s**t. I got picked on for wearing glasses, weight and called a wet back even though I was born in the US.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 01:29:20 PM »
One does not have to be a model, but they just have to be "good enough" where EVERYONE doesn't reject them off the basis of looks.

Also a person knows they are pretty bad looking when they have girls throughout elementary and middle school saying "eww" to their face. (taking about myself)

I know there are some forums where there are guys who are near-model even who call themselves "subhuman" since they have minor things like slight negative canthal tilt or a slightly long midface but otherwise excellent bone structure. I cringe at seeing those guys.

Or even average looking posters who have some obsession with sleeping with as many women who they can over having a long lasting LTR who say they are doomed since they are average looking.

I find their mindset unfortunate.

But unlike others who have reason to believe their looks are holding them back and who post PHOTOS in search of advice/feedback, you're not taking any action.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »
I don't know what you look like, but if you look like most of the posters on here I think youre giving yourself too hard of a time. You should consider getting therapy. Most people I've seen post here don't look inherently bad. Are there some that would greatly benefit from surgery? Sure.

Kids say a lot of dumb s**t. I got picked on for wearing glasses, weight and called a wet back even though I was born in the US.

Were they people of the same gender? When people express that you are unattractive, its usually true. My height is objectively really bad too. Like really really bad.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 06:44:51 PM »
But unlike others who have reason to believe their looks are holding them back and who post PHOTOS in search of advice/feedback, you're not taking any action.

Fair point.

haven

• Private
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 08:54:06 PM »
Were they people of the same gender? When people express that you are unattractive, its usually true. My height is objectively really bad too. Like really really bad.

Bro you're 22 and you're talking about your experiences in grade school. That's a 10 year gap at minimum. And attractiveness is subjective. Not everyone likes the same thing. Some girls might not find me attractive, others will. My friends might like girls that I don't find attractive and vice versa.

I mean I posted here once before and one dude said my profile was "poor". I don't have a chiseled jawline or strong chin like men are "supposed to have". but that's never hindered my ability to talk to girls or socialize with people in general.  Hell, when I was around your age I was so clueless about so many girls that took interest in me that I ended up losing out on a few opportunities back then. I don't "slay", but that's never been my thing. I've always been pretty laid back and mellow. As far as height goes, I'm not much taller than you (5'8) and even that doesn't hold me back. I still go on dates, but I'm not spending my days romanticizing as you seem to be. I have other things to keep me busy like work, going out etc. Looks are important sure, but they're not the end all be all. You also need to have some character. Who wants to just date a pretty face if they have no depth and character?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 12:39:32 AM »
for f**k's sake this was supposed to be about the future and medical innovations.

once again its become a piisspoor pity party for some clueless noob to life who is too afraid to go out and get s**t and wants to blame looks. Listen your only excuse would be if you were a man and you were like 5 feet or less than 5'5. Otherwise,  save the  SORT YOURSELF OUT!!!

Jilkster

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 04:23:16 AM »
for f**k's sake this was supposed to be about the future and medical innovations.

once again its become a piisspoor pity party for some clueless noob to life who is too afraid to go out and get s**t and wants to blame looks. Listen your only excuse would be if you were a man and you were like 5 feet or less than 5'5. Otherwise,  save the  SORT YOURSELF OUT!!!

He mentioned being 5'4...

ForeverAloneDude, if you're caucasian, do everything you can to move to Asia, I suppose. I don't get why people here are s**tting on your for your posts that are entirely reasonable. Latin America would be another decent option, maybe even Africa. Do everything to leverage your race and financial position romantically. Women in these places are higher quality anyway, little point trying with western girls. I do well with western girls sexually if I want(I have a height disadvantage too but a decent face and my height issue isn't as severe) but haven't met a single one I'd consider a serious partner in my entire life, in a few weeks in Latin America I meet multiple. My treatment by the ladies has completely turned around as I improved my appearance(which I could to a substantial degree nonsurgically due to decent craniofacial development), I can tell much of my perceived character is in my appearance, even to some of the least shallow girls that I've known for a longer time. I think your concerns are entirely valid and don't deserve to be mocked by the people here.

Also consider getting into excellent shape through strength training, if you're in a country where your height isn't out of the ordinary and you're in great shape, you may find some women have genuine sexual attraction to you despite a bad face(just assuming your reports of your face are accurate).

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 08:01:02 AM »

I'm less than 5'5" :)

>5'4"

My face is disgusting too. I have my reasons.

Literally my only hope is either being lucky or technology improves enough. Else I have no reason to move on too many years forwards with life.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:12:16 AM by ForeverAloneDude »

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 08:01:58 AM »
He mentioned being 5'4...

ForeverAloneDude, if you're caucasian, do everything you can to move to Asia, I suppose. I don't get why people here are s**tting on your for your posts that are entirely reasonable. Latin America would be another decent option, maybe even Africa. Do everything to leverage your race and financial position romantically. Women in these places are higher quality anyway, little point trying with western girls. I do well with western girls sexually if I want(I have a height disadvantage too but a decent face and my height issue isn't as severe) but haven't met a single one I'd consider a serious partner in my entire life, in a few weeks in Latin America I meet multiple. My treatment by the ladies has completely turned around as I improved my appearance(which I could to a substantial degree nonsurgically due to decent craniofacial development), I can tell much of my perceived character is in my appearance, even to some of the least shallow girls that I've known for a longer time. I think your concerns are entirely valid and don't deserve to be mocked by the people here.

Also consider getting into excellent shape through strength training, if you're in a country where your height isn't out of the ordinary and you're in great shape, you may find some women have genuine sexual attraction to you despite a bad face(just assuming your reports of your face are accurate).

"you may find some women have genuine sexual attraction to you despite a bad face"

How? Just via strength training?

People mock me because some here are probably just average looking and average height. They just don't get it. Also, no I am not Caucasian.

Jilkster

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »
"you may find some women have genuine sexual attraction to you despite a bad face"

How? Just via strength training?

People mock me because some here are probably just average looking and average height. They just don't get it. Also, no I am not Caucasian.
Yes, top tier body composition may give make a small subset of women palpably physically attracted to you just for that. Shame you're not Caucasian, the race card is powerful.

Serious strength training is definitely a must if you want to have a shot.

https://www.instagram.com/muscleforlifefitness/?hl=nl

This guy is near the top of what's naturally achievable for most guys(iirc his ffmi is 24), you'd look a lot fuller at your height though. A top 0.something% physique like that would definitely attract some ladies who have a disproportionate focus on that.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 11:17:15 AM »
Yes, top tier body composition may give make a small subset of women palpably physically attracted to you just for that. Shame you're not Caucasian, the race card is powerful.

Serious strength training is definitely a must if you want to have a shot.

https://www.instagram.com/muscleforlifefitness/?hl=nl

This guy is near the top of what's naturally achievable for most guys(iirc his ffmi is 24), you'd look a lot fuller at your height though. A top 0.something% physique like that would definitely attract some ladies who have a disproportionate focus on that.

Ah nice. How short is he?

haven

• Private
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »
OP no amount of external modifications is going to help you in the long run if you're an emotional mess. You have to work on yourself internally. The way jilkster talks, he makes it sound like all women are the same and are into the same thing. Some people are shallow. Men aren't an exception.

I'm pretty skinny, Hispanic and average looking. Based on his criteria I already have two things going against me yet I still go on dates with girls within and outside my ethnicity. I also live in a pretty liberal area so maybe that helps. I don't know.

Meeting women isn't the sole focus or my life. It shouldn't be yours either. I have other interests and hobbies and so should you.

You say you're not one or those guys from "other websites" yet you sound like one. Jilkster's comments here come off as those I've read on other forums I found recently like sluthate or Lookism. I kinda regret going on those forums because they're an example of how shallow and vile some people can be. The people there have a skewed look on life.

You're 22. Youre young but also an adult. Focus on yourself first and live a little.