Author Topic: WE need to TALK ABOUT CHEEKBONES  (Read 18177 times)

Lazlo

• Private
WE need to TALK ABOUT CHEEKBONES
« on: April 11, 2018, 04:38:59 PM »
So, let me just break it down this way.

Having good cheekbones is CRUCIAL for male facial aesthetics and jaw enhancement an totally screw up
even having okay cheekbones. Jared leto and most people are gorgeous cause they have amazing under-eye and cheekbone eminemces.

So I'm talking about all three aspects. The orbital rim, the zygoma/malar eminence and the side. Not only do you need protrusive but you need total VOLUME and BULK --you need big bones there.

There currently is NO solution. Sinn's surgery is too weak. Only causes a bit of enhancement to the orbital rim, doesn nothing for the cheekbones or anything else. Doesn't even address the side.

The ZSO doesn't do anyting for orbital rim or the malar eminence or even the side, just creates a bit of lateral support (a bit).

And then all the various HA pastes etc. basically do amost nothing, again just a "bit" of support.

So let's refresh this thread and talk about possible solutions. What might be just on the horizon. Or new osteotomies you guys might be hearing about. Certainly growing bone implants would help.

Again, I'm not interested in anything synthetic. I'm looking for a biological fix.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: WE need to TALK ABOUT CHEEKBONES
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 05:04:21 PM »

Guys' this is the type of stuff that will be the game cahngers.

In fact you could have bones that are stronger than the ones you have now.

Resistant to shattering.

https://splice-bio.com/3d-printed-implant-transforms-real-bone/

ditterbo

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:36:49 PM »
So, let me just break it down this way.

Having good cheekbones is CRUCIAL for male facial aesthetics and jaw enhancement an totally screw up
even having okay cheekbones.

Yeah so apparently my cheekbones are 'OK' because there's a relationship between the size and shape of your jaw, and the robustness of your cheekbones.  I forget what those are exactly, but I think it has to do with the size of your ramus (mines almost nonexistant) and the mandibular plane angle. I think Kavan touched on it in an earlier post, but Alfaro told me this straight up in a consult before that. So my jaw structure is so meek that cheek implants will look uncanny, is my takeaway, despite having recessive malars at the least. This is tangential to just building up cheekbones, but there's a context that people, particularly on a jaw surgery forum, may get hit with like I was re: this proportionate relationship.

I agree we're pretty boned on mid-face solutions right now. The thing you linked doesn't look like something you could shape, like medpor, for the face. Are you referring to Sinn's modified LF3 in the OP?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »
Sinn's modified lefort 3 is borderline useless.

Yes, I agree, the device I linked to looks like its for interposition between a break so as a graft and not
an onlay.

But the technology, if they can build bone in a bioreactor would be easy to graft and shape as an onlay.

As far as I can tell with various companies PolarityTE and Epibone etc. the proof of concept is there, they just don't yet know how to build a bioreactor and technology design that will be able to build your own bone (after a sample is taken) that can be done fastly and efficiently. I think right now it takes several months to grow such bone. Obviously, not clinically feasible really. So they're working on discovering new technologies.

My fear is that its going to really take a while (so long it won't really help me) --I think 10 years at the least. And once AI and Quantum computing get going (which will definitely happen in our lifetime) then new discoveries may be ramped up.

But there is literally NO solution right now. Let's say you get sinn's MFL3 plus 2 ZSO's you're still like just borderline better. No one has shown pics to prove differently.

And yeah, growing new bone would be amazing for jaw enhancement too.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 10:19:08 AM »
Sinn's modified lefort 3 is borderline useless.

Yes, I agree, the device I linked to looks like its for interposition between a break so as a graft and not
an onlay.

But the technology, if they can build bone in a bioreactor would be easy to graft and shape as an onlay.

As far as I can tell with various companies PolarityTE and Epibone etc. the proof of concept is there, they just don't yet know how to build a bioreactor and technology design that will be able to build your own bone (after a sample is taken) that can be done fastly and efficiently. I think right now it takes several months to grow such bone. Obviously, not clinically feasible really. So they're working on discovering new technologies.

My fear is that its going to really take a while (so long it won't really help me) --I think 10 years at the least. And once AI and Quantum computing get going (which will definitely happen in our lifetime) then new discoveries may be ramped up.

But there is literally NO solution right now. Let's say you get sinn's MFL3 plus 2 ZSO's you're still like just borderline better. No one has shown pics to prove differently.

And yeah, growing new bone would be amazing for jaw enhancement too.

>My fear is that its going to really take a while (so long it won't really help me) --I think 10 years at the least.

Is that why you were optimistic for my case since I'm only 22? Technology like this?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »
>My fear is that its going to really take a while (so long it won't really help me) --I think 10 years at the least.

Is that why you were optimistic for my case since I'm only 22? Technology like this?

Dude you're a baby. You should be focusssing on becomming awesome at something so you're not crying abotu your misfortune when you're 32 or 42. Like seriously work motherf**ker and become awesome at a skill society values whether its accounting or f**king medicine.

Then you'll have the money to take advantage of all the new amazing technologies that will be around in 10 years. Yeah it'll take that long minimum. But you'll still be really young. Not like us old foggies whose life is basically over as far as beauty, attraction and the like are concerned.

haven

• Private
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 02:24:35 PM »
You kinda have to have something going for you before surgery. If dude says he's hideous and has no redeemable feature, that's unlikely to change. Unless of course we reach the point where you can change a face ala character creation menu in Fallout.

On the upside sex robots are becoming a thing. So there you go. Something to look forward to in your bright future. /sarcasm

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
Dude you're a baby. You should be focusssing on becomming awesome at something so you're not crying abotu your misfortune when you're 32 or 42. Like seriously work motherf**ker and become awesome at a skill society values whether its accounting or f**king medicine.

Then you'll have the money to take advantage of all the new amazing technologies that will be around in 10 years. Yeah it'll take that long minimum. But you'll still be really young. Not like us old foggies whose life is basically over as far as beauty, attraction and the like are concerned.

Yeah I know you are right there about making money. I'll follow it.

But a reason why I'm around here so much is since I'm curious what these amazing technologies could exist in around 10 years. I don't care about being 32 since that would still be relatively young.

Can you give me an idea of those? I'm just curious. I'll leave this forum for another several months. I'd just like an overview if you know.

Since it would be nice if we can precisely reshape parts of the face using your own bone or something bio compatible. I wish we could improve upper orbitals etc too.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 08:20:43 AM »
You kinda have to have something going for you before surgery. If dude says he's hideous and has no redeemable feature, that's unlikely to change. Unless of course we reach the point where you can change a face ala character creation menu in Fallout.

On the upside sex robots are becoming a thing. So there you go. Something to look forward to in your bright future. /sarcasm

Well that is what Lazlo keeps trying to tell me I think. I'm pessimistic. I asked him what sort of technologies another time too but he didn't respond. Yeah, its hopeless considering the lack of technology unless I find a girl who has some ugly guy fetish to be legit attracted to me.

Also haha about the sexbots, lol.

I think he might just be telling me this to give me a coping mechanism and so I would want to reluctantly live another decade.

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 11:32:18 AM »
Well that is what Lazlo keeps trying to tell me I think. I'm pessimistic. I asked him what sort of technologies another time too but he didn't respond. Yeah, its hopeless considering the lack of technology unless I find a girl who has some ugly guy fetish to be legit attracted to me.

Also haha about the sexbots, lol.

I think he might just be telling me this to give me a coping mechanism and so I would want to reluctantly live another decade.

I very much doubt you’re as hideous as you say. But when I felt the way you do in my mid 20’s I decided to do the best I could with what I had and what was at my disposal. That meant forgoing expensive jaw surgery that ideally I should of had and taking a genioplasty I could get for free on NHS. It also meant eating loads and going to the gym to get some meat on my emaciated bones. I am 37 now and it pretty much worked out as I hoped.

Tl/dr if I’d of waited 10 years for new technology I’d still be waiting. There’s been nothing new since 2004 when I was looking apart from fillers and ha paste and they’re a bit wack. Do you really want to risk waiting?

haven

• Private
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 11:54:44 AM »
I sincerely doubt he looks straight up deformed. I was gonna post some pictures but Im not about shaming people. There are people out there who really benefit from advancements in technology. Unfortunately you need money for afford most things that provide a better quality of life (food, medicine etc)

Yeah dating is tough for dudes but that's their own fault. They should have standards lmao. Just finish up school, work and set goals for yourself (outside of obsessing over relationships). If you have a weak chin you want to "correct" because you feel holds you back then go for it. Just don't go overboard.

There's one forum member who I found posting on realself saying he wanted procedures that would make him look like a male model and he is nowhere near close to looking like one lmao. Stay realistic and grounded.

haven

• Private
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 11:57:06 AM »
I very much doubt you’re as hideous as you say. But when I felt the way you do in my mid 20’s I decided to do the best I could with what I had and what was at my disposal. That meant forgoing expensive jaw surgery that ideally I should of had and taking a genioplasty I could get for free on NHS. It also meant eating loads and going to the gym to get some meat on my emaciated bones. I am 37 now and it pretty much worked out as I hoped.

Tl/dr if I’d of waited 10 years for new technology I’d still be waiting. There’s been nothing new since 2004 when I was looking apart from fillers and ha paste and they’re a bit wack. Do you really want to risk waiting?

So you had your procedure years back and haven't had any issues?

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 12:33:33 PM »

I'm not just waiting. I'll get whatever technology exists right now meaning when I'm 24-25 and I can afford them. But I'm not optimistic about it.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 12:35:29 PM »
I sincerely doubt he looks straight up deformed. I was gonna post some pictures but Im not about shaming people. There are people out there who really benefit from advancements in technology. Unfortunately you need money for afford most things that provide a better quality of life (food, medicine etc)

Yeah dating is tough for dudes but that's their own fault. They should have standards lmao. Just finish up school, work and set goals for yourself (outside of obsessing over relationships). If you have a weak chin you want to "correct" because you feel holds you back then go for it. Just don't go overboard.

There's one forum member who I found posting on realself saying he wanted procedures that would make him look like a male model and he is nowhere near close to looking like one lmao. Stay realistic and grounded.

I know what you mean about those deformed people.

Also if just a weak chin was my problem, I wouldn't be so sad. Its clearly more than just that.

I don't want to look like a male model, but just okish where I'm sexually attractive. My current goals are fitness goals up to age 25.

And about the realistic part, what lazlo is trying to tell me is that actually major changes will be doable when I'm 32 according to him. Which I don't believe.

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »
So you had your procedure years back and haven't had any issues?

Yep, had a big genioplasty in 2005/06 and no issues to speak of. Of course ideally I should have had braces, dbl jaw surgery, the works but it wasn’t an option for me so I did what I could. It bugged me for a few years that I had a narrow and asymmetric jaw and I thought about implants but I am glad I didn’t do it in the end. My neck filled out from the gym and I think that lookism stuff (hate that website btw) about a thick neck making your jaw look better is true.

Sorry for the derail OP but I don’t agree cheekbones are that important aesthetically for guys. A good chin is enough, a good jaw is even better everything else is just icing on the cake.