Author Topic: For Those Who Think You Can't Get Women  (Read 4794 times)

GJ

• Administrator
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lefortitude

Re: For Those Who Think You Can't Get Women
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 01:43:05 PM »
Playing devil's advocate: I would suggest the general population of women are not going to answer honestly to the question of what they find attractive. There is too much societal pressure to give certain answers (confidence, honesty, good job etc.). While those traits undoubtedly help, but you'll find empirically that simply confident honest men with good jobs often find themselves having mediocre success with women. Rather, it may make more sense to observe how women behave, to find an appropriate answer to this age-old question.

The reason for this is that a majority of attraction is subconscious. It occurs as a result of evolutionary and societal cues that indicate health, strength, virility, fertility etc. (traits that were essential to survival and ultimate success in the bad old days). The importance of these traits has undoubtedly been exaggerated by Hollywood.

Now that is not to say it isnt worth cultivating skills, passions, emotions, character, and charm. Those are positives for anyone in dating and in life. It is, however, important to show empathy to those who have worked tirelessly their whole lives cultivating what women say they want, and still being hopeless due to something nobody has talked about (craniofacial/dermal disfigurement for example). We must acknowlege the struggle some people face, and search for real applicable solutions for them. Telling someone with disfiguring acne to take a shower, get a haircut and be confident is not helpful. 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 06:49:38 PM »
http://time.com/4805380/lying-telling-the-truth/

If surgeons lie to your face, why would you believe some anons on the internet?  When it comes to reputation, what people say and do can be the complete opposite.  In fact, it is so 99% of the time, because people who have the need to publicly proclaim their values are usually the biggest self-righteous hypocrites.  Even if anonymously, because an online persona is still a persona that must be maintained.  The honest stay silent (they only way to stay honest).

You can only judge people by their actions and nothing else.  Vociferous homophobes are often homosexual, pro-lifers get abortions in the same clinic they were protesting, patriotic "pillars of the community" are the first to join the occupation administration, jobs ads with glowing descriptions are typically the worst places to work, etc..  The more something is proclaimed, the more unlikely it is to be true.

tldr; don't believe anything I write here either.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 11:17:51 PM »
http://time.com/4805380/lying-telling-the-truth/

If surgeons lie to your face, why would you believe some anons on the internet?  When it comes to reputation, what people say and do can be the complete opposite.  In fact, it is so 99% of the time, because people who have the need to publicly proclaim their values are usually the biggest self-righteous hypocrites.  Even if anonymously, because an online persona is still a persona that must be maintained.  The honest stay silent (they only way to stay honest).

You can only judge people by their actions and nothing else.  Vociferous homophobes are often homosexual, pro-lifers get abortions in the same clinic they were protesting, patriotic "pillars of the community" are the first to join the occupation administration, jobs ads with glowing descriptions are typically the worst places to work, etc..  The more something is proclaimed, the more unlikely it is to be true.

tldr; don't believe anything I write here either.

I f**king hate cock!

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 07:22:24 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/8hcku8/what_is_typically_considered_ugly_that_you/

I'm not going to complain anymore about a lack of a gf since I got a girl now and am almost at the point of saying that she is my girlfriend. This is a far cry from that post that I made like 6-7 months ago sobbing about how its hopeless for me which made you almost want to kick me off this board.

However I would like to point you to this... https://imgur.com/a/H7s0For

You have to observe people's actions over what they say. This may sound sexist, but from what I've seen in the real world, women tend to give reassuring lies to both men and women to make them feel better. Maybe they are conditioned to be more naturally nurturing. Or maybe its a method of virtue signalling. Society does put more pressure on women to be "virtuous" so they could have their reputation on the line.

But for what its worth, women care just as much as men do about physical appearance as much as men do. They may not admit it, however when you observe their behavior, they are no different than us men.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 07:24:09 AM »
Telling someone with disfiguring acne to take a shower, get a haircut and be confident is not helpful.

And its also incredibly disrespectful to tell someone this out of all things. Especially the shower thing since it implies that the person isn't a decent human being and lacks basic awareness and action of societal standards of hygiene.

some1afterall

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 09:37:41 AM »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »
This was a fun read. I love people with unique features... Adam Driver!!! Swoon

are you a hottie?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »
I'm not going to complain anymore about a lack of a gf since I got a girl now and am almost at the point of saying that she is my girlfriend. This is a far cry from that post that I made like 6-7 months ago sobbing about how its hopeless for me which made you almost want to kick me off this board.

However I would like to point you to this... https://imgur.com/a/H7s0For

You have to observe people's actions over what they say. This may sound sexist, but from what I've seen in the real world, women tend to give reassuring lies to both men and women to make them feel better. Maybe they are conditioned to be more naturally nurturing. Or maybe its a method of virtue signalling. Society does put more pressure on women to be "virtuous" so they could have their reputation on the line.

But for what its worth, women care just as much as men do about physical appearance as much as men do. They may not admit it, however when you observe their behavior, they are no different than us men.

f**k those dumb venn diagrams. It's all about how you make someone feel. If you make them feel great around you i.e. HAVING FUN then they will be attracted to you. You have to find what makes them tick and them gradually program them to feel that when they're with you.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »

f**k those dumb venn diagrams. It's all about how you make someone feel. If you make them feel great around you i.e. HAVING FUN then they will be attracted to you. You have to find what makes them tick and them gradually program them to feel that when they're with you.

Or you can just be lucky like I was...

some1afterall

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 05:42:00 PM »
are you a hottie?

[attachment deleted by admin]

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 07:54:40 PM »
This was a fun read. I love people with unique features... Adam Driver!!! Swoon

I guess with Adam Driver, a big part of why he is appealing is his background. He isn't unattractive objectively, but he wouldn't have nearly as many women lust after him if it weren't for his background.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 10:04:07 PM »
Or you can just be lucky like I was...

You're really stoked about the GF, huh?
Millimeters are miles on the face.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 10:07:23 PM »
You're really stoked about the GF, huh?

That's quite an understatement!  ;D

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 10:36:06 AM »

You'd have such a fun time with me. I'd get you doing acrobatics.