Author Topic: Getting custom 3D CT-designed wraparound jaw and cheek implants in a few weeks  (Read 18672 times)

micjawsurgery

Too much time spent on lookism lol. You definitely don't need jaw implants, and your cheeks aren't great but are above average - I don't really see the tear trough or other issues in the under eye area apart from the lower lid support in the first few pictures, but you know your face better. Your bones are actually amazing, but your eye area is average at best - i'd concentrate all work there

PloskoPlus

The implants will be made of silicone so that they can be removed in the future if needed. I'm leaning towards leaving the jaw alone and just starting with the custom cheek and chin implants to see how I like the results, then maybe reconsidering the jaw in the future.
I thought Y does medpor exclusively.

kavan

• Global Moderator
So I'm guessing you don't have any constructive criticisms for me?

No. Because I've read your (brainless) goals for the surgery. (Multiple as in MANY views of your photos clued me in as to where to read some of them that border on equivalent of secret death wish to get VD in hopes of getting short term sex hook ups at clubs.)

I'm sorry BUT...Nothing says low IQ better than; 'I'm getting surgery to look like a Super hero.' (super model, super celeb ect.).

There's even a new trend in marketing 'Male Model' surgery to appeal to that mentality. Docs are counting on MM wannabees to focus on only the OUTER bone structure of a model but be clueless about the INNER ORBIT structure that distinguishes a MM from the average population.   Nothing you or they can do about getting THAT part. Not like the models have. Good cheek and jaw bone structure (real or implant) looks great, comes to life on guys who got the eyes.

Eye POTENTIAL= face KINETIC

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Too much time spent on lookism lol. You definitely don't need jaw implants, and your cheeks aren't great but are above average - I don't really see the tear trough or other issues in the under eye area apart from the lower lid support in the first few pictures, but you know your face better. Your bones are actually amazing, but your eye area is average at best - i'd concentrate all work there

You got it. The tip off was how many views he got on some of his photos.

SurgerySoon

No. Because I've read your (brainless) goals for the surgery. (Multiple as in MANY views of your photos clued me in as to where to read some of them that border on equivalent of secret death wish to get VD in hopes of getting short term sex hook ups at clubs.)

I'm sorry BUT...Nothing says low IQ better than; 'I'm getting surgery to look like a Super hero.' (super model, super celeb ect.).

There's even a new trend in marketing 'Male Model' surgery to appeal to that mentality. Docs are counting on MM wannabees to focus on only the OUTER bone structure of a model but be clueless about the INNER ORBIT structure that distinguishes a MM from the average population.   Nothing you or they can do about getting THAT part. Not like the models have. Good cheek and jaw bone structure (real or implant) looks great, comes to life on guys who got the eyes.

Eye POTENTIAL= face KINETIC

Criticisms of my motives for getting surgery aside, I agree with you 100% about what you said about the eye area being what really separates normal males from MMs. Even though I know this surgery won't turn me into an MM, don't you think there's at least SOME room for improvement, considering how bad my eye area is now?

If the combination of the orbital rim component of the custom midface implants plus the midface lift can at least give me an above-average eye area (even if it isn't MM-tier), I would be happy with that outcome.

What I want to be sure of, though, is that there IS room for improvement. That's why I'm still on the fence in regards to the jaw implants. I'm pretty sure I will benefit from getting custom midface implants to both improve my eye area and make my cheekbones more masculine and defined, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll derive an aesthetic benefit from the wraparound jaw implant.

As you can see from the specifications of the implant designs, I'll be getting an additional 3-4 mm of orbital rim projection on both eyes. This, in combination with the midface lift to lift my lower eyelids, would have to improve my eye area aesthetics at least somewhat, right?

For the record, the sort of goal I'd like to achieve with jaw implants can be seen in the Photoshop morph below that someone made for me:

https://imgur.com/a/FQxhcEb

Would you guys agree that dropping the height of my jaw angles improves my looks over my current jaw angles?

Also, here's a photo in which I'm holding my chin to make it look more square and defined. This is the goal "look" I'm trying to achieve with the chin implant.

https://m.imgur.com/LoWvJRX

So in summary, I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, is there at least SOME room for improvement with my looks, even if I don't have the underlying starting bone structure to look like an MM?

SurgerySoon

I agree, my area sucks. I'm hoping that the orbital rim component of the midface implants (along with midface lift to provide lower lid support) will improve my eyes and make them look more masculine, less buggy, and more attractive overall.

I posted this in my previous post as well, but here's a link to a Photoshop morph that simulates the look of having lower jaw angles. You don't think this would be an improvement to my looks?:

ben from UK

Thanks for the compliments, but you guys don't think I'd benefit from dropping the jaw angles down a bit further so that my gonial angles aren't so high?

Another option is to leave the jaw angles alone and just place the custom chin implant portion of the wraparound implant (I.e., chin implant only, no jaw implant), since my chin is a little short from the side and a bit narrow from the front.

Do you both really think that augmenting the jaw/chin in any way whatsoever will only make me look worse?

Probably will make you look worse cause it might ruin the ogee line and make your face look more boxy. Also, silicone makes the angles more rounded alot of times. So you'll get rounded corners, even if it looks sharp on paper. I will stay away from silicone if I were you. The amount of millimeters on this design is really alot I guess, for someone that already has good jaw and chin from the front.

Look up the potential aestethic disadvantages of silicone: bloated face, rounded corners and unnatural look. It doesn't apply to everyone, some people are happy with their silicone implants, but the revision rate is extremely high (something close to 50 percent), especially for wrap around implants. This also goes for silicone chin implant. Also, a design is just a design. In reality, you deal with a 3d face and not a 2d model, so a good surgeon will shave parts of the implants during the surgery, to make it fit the face. This needs to be done in alot of cases, but sometimes surgeons are lazy, don't have time, don't have the eastethic eye or just think: this is what the client wanted, so I'll leave it like that. Hence the high revision rate and alot of psychological damage. A good procedure is a procedure that goes unnoticed: nobody should ever suspect you've had surgery on the face.

PloskoPlus

Making your left eye look like your right eye would be the biggest win.

Lestat

A good procedure is a procedure that goes unnoticed: nobody should ever suspect you've had surgery on the face.

* applaud

SurgerySoon

Probably will make you look worse cause it might ruin the ogee line and make your face look more boxy. Also, silicone makes the angles more rounded alot of times. So you'll get rounded corners, even if it looks sharp on paper. I will stay away from silicone if I were you. The amount of millimeters on this design is really alot I guess, for someone that already has good jaw and chin from the front.

Look up the potential aestethic disadvantages of silicone: bloated face, rounded corners and unnatural look. It doesn't apply to everyone, some people are happy with their silicone implants, but the revision rate is extremely high (something close to 50 percent), especially for wrap around implants. This also goes for silicone chin implant. Also, a design is just a design. In reality, you deal with a 3d face and not a 2d model, so a good surgeon will shave parts of the implants during the surgery, to make it fit the face. This needs to be done in alot of cases, but sometimes surgeons are lazy, don't have time, don't have the eastethic eye or just think: this is what the client wanted, so I'll leave it like that. Hence the high revision rate and alot of psychological damage. A good procedure is a procedure that goes unnoticed: nobody should ever suspect you've had surgery on the face.

Do you think I should just opt for jaw angle implants that lower the gonial angles and not really make them wider, since everyone seems to think that adding any width at all would be a bad idea?

What do you think about the chin? I haven't uploaded any photos, but it's fairly short from the side and a bit narrow/pointy from the front.

BTW, Dr. Y works with both Medpor and silicone, but he recommended that I get silicone implants instead of Medpor in case I ever want them removed at some point.

SurgerySoon

Also @Ben from UK -- check out the Photoshop morph someone made for me in which they lowered my jaw angles and at least attempted to fix my eyes:

You don't think having lower jaw angles (as seen in the photo) would be a positive change for me? What about augmenting the cheeks and fixing the eyes, at least?

PloskoPlus

Do you think I should just opt for jaw angle implants that lower the gonial angles and not really make them wider, since everyone seems to think that adding any width at all would be a bad idea?

What do you think about the chin? I haven't uploaded any photos, but it's fairly short from the side and a bit narrow/pointy from the front.

BTW, Dr. Y works with both Medpor and silicone, but he recommended that I get silicone implants instead of Medpor in case I ever want them removed at some point.
Fix your eye asymmetry and you're golden. I'd consult with a top oculoplastic like Taban. He hand carves the implants, but his results are truly impressive.

SurgerySoon

Making your left eye look like your right eye would be the biggest win.

I agree, my eye area sucks ass. I'm hoping that the midface implants together with the midface lift can help give me at least a somewhat attractive eye area.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Criticisms of my motives for getting surgery aside, I agree with you 100% about what you said about the eye area being what really separates normal males from MMs. Even though I know this surgery won't turn me into an MM, don't you think there's at least SOME room for improvement, considering how bad my eye area is now?

If the combination of the orbital rim component of the custom midface implants plus the midface lift can at least give me an above-average eye area (even if it isn't MM-tier), I would be happy with that outcome.

What I want to be sure of, though, is that there IS room for improvement. That's why I'm still on the fence in regards to the jaw implants. I'm pretty sure I will benefit from getting custom midface implants to both improve my eye area and make my cheekbones more masculine and defined, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll derive an aesthetic benefit from the wraparound jaw implant.

As you can see from the specifications of the implant designs, I'll be getting an additional 3-4 mm of orbital rim projection on both eyes. This, in combination with the midface lift to lift my lower eyelids, would have to improve my eye area aesthetics at least somewhat, right?

For the record, the sort of goal I'd like to achieve with jaw implants can be seen in the Photoshop morph below that someone made for me:

Would you guys agree that dropping the height of my jaw angles improves my looks over my current jaw angles?

Also, here's a photo in which I'm holding my chin to make it look more square and defined. This is the goal "look" I'm trying to achieve with the chin implant.

https://m.imgur.com/LoWvJRX

So in summary, I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, is there at least SOME room for improvement with my looks, even if I don't have the underlying starting bone structure to look like an MM?

1: The rest of your face looks good and the morpher HARDLY changed the rest of your face. What he changed to your eyes is an EXAMPLE of highly unlikely you would get those eye improvements to that extent with surgery. He made the eye BALL on the right side of the photo perfectly symmetrical to the left side. Your face would look just as good as the morph if you just put the eyes the morpher made on your 'before' and did nothing else. So, basically the morpher changed the VERY THING that throws off you looks --your eyes--which is the very thing docs CAN'T improve to the extent you see it in that morph.

2: Your asymmetry to the eyes looks to be INSIDE the ORBITAL SOCKETS or maybe the eyeball itself. Sure. They can improve something about the eyes. They just can't do everything to re-create MM eyes.

3: Since you do have good symmetry to the rest of your face and it's a given that implants can make INHERENT asymmetry MORE apparent, you very well might be noticing the eye issue even more even after it's improved.

4: No 'asides' here. You are wanting to look like a MM for quick club pick-ups. You're not someone just looking for improvements. Thing is the improvement that would really NEGATE the need for any other implant amp ups is the one they CAN'T do which is the MM eyes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not telling you not to get it. In fact, I'm most interested in your getting to see if my prediction of not getting close to the MM eyes needed to go with it is right.

SurgerySoon

1: The rest of your face looks good and the morpher HARDLY changed the rest of your face. What he changed to your eyes is an EXAMPLE of highly unlikely you would get those eye improvements to that extent with surgery. He made the eye BALL on the right side of the photo perfectly symmetrical to the left side. Your face would look just as good as the morph if you just put the eyes the morpher made on your 'before' and did nothing else. So, basically the morpher changed the VERY THING that throws off you looks --your eyes--which is the very thing docs CAN'T improve to the extent you see it in that morph.

2: Your asymmetry to the eyes looks to be INSIDE the ORBITAL SOCKETS or maybe the eyeball itself. Sure. They can improve something about the eyes. They just can't do everything to re-create MM eyes.

3: Since you do have good symmetry to the rest of your face and it's a given that implants can make INHERENT asymmetry MORE apparent, you very well might be noticing the eye issue even more even after it's improved.

4: No 'asides' here. You are wanting to look like a MM for quick club pick-ups. You're not someone just looking for improvements. Thing is the improvement that would really NEGATE the need for any other implant amp ups is the one they CAN'T do which is the MM eyes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not telling you not to get it. In fact, I'm most interested in your getting to see if my prediction of not getting close to the MM eyes needed to go with it is right.

I agree with most of what you said, but at this point, I would be happy with a 60-70% improvement to my eye area so that it at least comes across as looking even just fairly attractive and not repulsive like it appears now. I realize that nothing is going to give me a legit MM-tier eye area, but by adding several mm of projection to/around the eye sockets and lifting the lower lids so as to eliminate roundness and scleral show (Dr. Y said 2-3 mm of lower lid lift would be possible via the midface lift), I'm hoping I can at least create the illusion of having deeper-set and better-shaped eyes that at least appear to be baseline attractive.

Have you seen some of Dr. Y's work? You might be surprised to see the eye area improvements he's achieved with the combination of orbital rim/midface implants, midface lifts, and canthopexies. Again, I agree with you that getting the eye area of an actual MM isn't happening (at least not without major reconstructive surgery), but don't you rhink that getting enough improvement to at least make it come across as somewhat attractive is within the realm of attainability?

BTW, the reason I decided to augment both the cheeks and jaw/chin is because I figured if I'm going to travel to have surgery, I might as well improve as many aspects of my attractiveness that could use improvement as possible.