Author Topic: Almost decided to do a Genioplasty. Need advice  (Read 7669 times)

Cobolt2

Re: Almost decided to do a Genioplasty. Need advice
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 06:39:50 PM »
End of advising you because enough was already given. Do what you are going to do and report back how it works for you.

I have now read through it calm and slowly and understand what you said better.

It makes me sad that I probably never will be able to fix my face and keep living in a lonely depressed state.

I now understand face space and it's effect and how it makes the nose look smaller, it's very logical.

I don't have to look exactly like how I look when I jut my jaw forward, that would be the dream scenario.

One question. Jaw position most of the time (except when eating) is creating it's own free space (2.5-3mm in my case) by not having the bite closed. These are very important 3mm in vertical increase which I hope can work to my advantage if I only do a genioplasty. I understand that I will have a squished face when eating if I go through with a genio but I have that now as well and I can live with that if it looks better  when my teeth isn't in occlusion.

In the pic of me below my teeth are not in occlusion (my relaxed state)

From looking at that picture, can I get major improvement in a balance/harmony kind of way?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:21:38 PM by Cobolt2 »

jusken

• Private
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2019, 07:22:38 PM »
I don't get it.  To me, you look better than the vast majority of people out there.  Why would you be depressed?  Because you have a weak chin?  Are you in a lot of constant pain or something? 

Have I been transported into the deep future where this look is unacceptable? What's going on here...

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2019, 07:42:09 PM »
He writes like that don’t take it personally. He did give you some good info about what you are ‘actually’ doing in the pictures you provided along with a detailed explanation of how that would be replicated with jaw surgery. The genio IS in fact different than what you are doing and will therefore have a different aesthetic effect. I personally think you would still benefit from it even if it does not replicate what you are doing. You need to ask your surgeon about all of this before going through with it, and communicate exactly what you want. Some surgeons do morphs which would help.

Just to note, I don't deny that your advice to get an isolated genio would not give him some improvement. It's just that his aesthetic issue isn't isolated to only his chin.
He could get improvement to only his chin with isolated genio (that advances and elongates). But more improvement to whole lower 1/3rd of face with full correction (which would also include genio).

Here's a morph study that includes your suggestion for isolated genio.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2019, 07:44:42 PM »

It makes me sad that I probably never will be able to fix my face and keep living in a lonely depressed state.

I know understand face space and it's effect and how it makes the nose look smaller, it's very logical.

I don't have to look exactly like how I look when I jut my jaw forward, that would be the dream scenario.

One question. Jaw position most of the time (except when eating) is creating it's own free space (2.5-3mm in my case) by not having the bite closed. These are very important 3mm in vertical increase which I hope can work to my advantage if I only do a genioplasty. I understand that I will have a squished face when eating if I go through with a genio but I have that now as well and I can live with that if it looks better  when my teeth isn't in occlusion.

From looking at that picture, can I get major improvement in a balance/harmony kind of way?

See my post to 'post bimax' where I included some morphs.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2019, 05:41:30 AM »

I now understand face space and it's effect and how it makes the nose look smaller, it's very logical.

If you’re lonely and depressed, your issues are more psychological than physical. Your chin is somewhat ‘weak’ but you are still attractive. JS and PS are not a panacea for psych issues and can sometimes exacerbate them. I think you should carefully consider what your actual problems are and be realistic about even what an ideal result will do for you.

Cobolt2

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2019, 05:51:09 AM »
Just to note, I don't deny that your advice to get an isolated genio would not give him some improvement. It's just that his aesthetic issue isn't isolated to only his chin.
He could get improvement to only his chin with isolated genio (that advances and elongates). But more improvement to whole lower 1/3rd of face with full correction (which would also include genio).

Here's a morph study that includes your suggestion for isolated genio.

Thank you so much for these morphs!!

When I look at the morphs my first thought is that I can be happy and satisfied with just a genio, if the crease is to deep after that it can easily be fixed with fillers.

I am also thinking about BSSO and I would pursue it if I could get away without touching the maxilla. That is a matter off how much my upper front teeth can be moved /bucked forward and my lower front teeth can be moved backwards am I correct?

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2019, 05:55:16 AM »

When I look at the morphs my first thought is that I can be happy and satisfied with just a genio, if the crease is to deep after that it can easily be fixed with fillers.

I am also thinking about BSSO and I would pursue it if I could get away without touching the maxilla. That is a matter off how much my upper front teeth can be moved /bucked forward and my lower front teeth can be moved backwards am I correct?

You need a bimax if you go the JS route because you need a posterior downgraft of the maxilla.

Cobolt2

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2019, 09:19:56 AM »
I'm done taking selfies with my phone.
Which picture is telling the truth?

My nose looks absolutely HUGE and projecting in the first pic and pretty normal in the second one?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2019, 09:49:36 AM »

The morphs of the full treatment have the Lefort 1 region (upper jaw) moved. It, the LEFORT 1   is a vital part of the full correction. Braces to 'buck out' the teeth more are in preparation of the Lefort 1. This was described in my Reply #9 on this string.

I contend that information has ALREADY been explained, illustrated and broken down sufficiently and more than ample for someone of at least average intelligence to have NO PROBLEM drawing the right conclusions from it as to NOT ask the question you just asked.

Sorry, but it must be said that IF you need answers to questions where the answers are ALREADY WITHIN the information provided, you need to improve your comprehension, information processing abilities and much more so than your face.

It ISN'T your FACE that's holding you back.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2019, 10:41:54 AM »

My nose looks absolutely HUGE and projecting in the first pic and pretty normal in the second one?

Both pictures are telling the 'truth'; your nose looks different from different angles.  This is true of all facial features.  This is true of all objects.  You are asking questions that answer themselves.  Now asking WHY your nose looks bigger at the 3/4ths angle than in profile is a valid question that I don't have a good answer for.  I suspect it has something to do with the relationship between your nose and face at different angles, just as your nose looks relatively smaller when jutting your jaw to create more 'face space'.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2019, 10:59:39 AM »
Objects closer to the camera lens appear larger.

Cobolt2

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2019, 11:06:55 AM »
The morphs of the full treatment have the Lefort 1 region (upper jaw) moved. It, the LEFORT 1   is a vital part of the full correction. Braces to 'buck out' the teeth more are in preparation of the Lefort 1. This was described in my Reply #9 on this string.

I contend that information has ALREADY been explained, illustrated and broken down sufficiently and more than ample for someone of at least average intelligence to have NO PROBLEM drawing the right conclusions from it as to NOT ask the question you just asked.

Sorry, but it must be said that IF you need answers to questions where the answers are ALREADY WITHIN the information provided, you need to improve your comprehension, information processing abilities and much more so than your face.

It ISN'T your FACE that's holding you back.

I'm sorry, my depression makes me dumb, don't take offence of my stupidity. I am gratefull for all info and your time spent on helping me understand

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2019, 11:15:52 AM »
I'm sorry, my depression makes me dumb

I figured.  You're already a normal (and even good) looking guy.  You can get your genio or save up for a bimax, but your 'deformity' is not so significant that it should cause depression.  Consider whether addressing your debilitating psychological issues will improve your quality of life more than a few millimeters of bone on an already decent face.

ben from UK

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »

Don't do Rhino. Your nose is ok. Rhino almost never looks good on a male. Your nose looks slightly too big because your jaw and chin are a bit recessed. A man with slightly larger nose = masculine.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2019, 06:08:33 PM »
Don't do Rhino. Your nose is ok. Rhino almost never looks good on a male. Your nose looks slightly too big because your jaw and chin are a bit recessed. A man with slightly larger nose = masculine.
The nose cannot be made shorter with rhinoplasty, unless it's a very droopy long tip that needs raising.   The only way to balance the face in such cases is to advance the jaws (although if your forehead is shorter than your middle third, it may not be worthwhile).  Of course, rhinoplasty surgeons will not tell you this.  Instead, because "when all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail" and Ferraris don't grow on trees, they will try to reduce those dimensions of the nose they can reduce.  But a long nose made smaller in other dimensions will look LONGER, and the hapless patient may then end up on a rhino revision treadmill.