Author Topic: Lower Jaw Expansion Best Options?  (Read 5351 times)

forwardgrowth

Re: Lower Jaw Expansion Best Options?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 07:16:28 PM »
I think I will be accepted for this because getting palate expansion right now and the discrepancy will be great   

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 08:46:53 PM »
I think I will be accepted for this because getting palate expansion right now and the discrepancy will be great
How are you doing this?

april

• Private
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 10:08:28 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzmMy584ZU What do you guys think about this

I think this doctor is using DO to lengthen her mandible (and maybe ramus) as an alternative to BSSO maybe because she needed a huge amount of advancement? He didn't really talk about widening her lower arch specifically. The bulk and wider looking jaw might be a combination of the effects of bringing the jaw forward (the same as a BSOO) and like he said she still has the distractors in place under her skin.

I think "mandibular DO" and "IMDO" could be different things, so I would check on that first.

forwardgrowth

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2019, 11:36:22 PM »
MSE
Is your upper arch narrower than your lower?

forwardgrowth

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 11:44:00 PM »
Is your upper arch narrower than your lower?

No

PloskoPlus

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 01:02:43 AM »
No
Do you really expect an ortho to overexpanded your upper arch?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 09:22:32 AM »
I think this doctor is using DO to lengthen her mandible (and maybe ramus) as an alternative to BSSO maybe because she needed a huge amount of advancement? He didn't really talk about widening her lower arch specifically. The bulk and wider looking jaw might be a combination of the effects of bringing the jaw forward (the same as a BSOO) and like he said she still has the distractors in place under her skin.

I think "mandibular DO" and "IMDO" could be different things, so I would check on that first.

BINGO!

The video clearly demonstrates the device was used to lengthen and not widen and also prior that bringing forward the jaw can give appearance of widening and clearly points out some of the wideness is from the distractor still being under the skin.

He has been told what IMDO was and that it doesn't widen the lower jaw transversly and is only effective during growing stages by BOTH mods. He has been told the difference between IMDO and the type of distraction osteogenisis seen in his video. He has been told the upper jaw is only distracted to match the lower and the lower almost never distracted regarding transverse expansion. He has not acknowledged the information to that regard already given to him. So, who knows if he even knows the difference between DO and IMDO or the difference between the anterior-posterior direction to bring forward and transverse directions to widen despite explanations already given to him in that regard.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

forwardgrowth

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2019, 11:45:40 AM »
Do you really expect an ortho to overexpanded your upper arch?

I have mse Installed next month

forwardgrowth

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »
I see, I am looking for MSDO providers then

PloskoPlus

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2019, 01:05:04 PM »
I have mse Installed next month
That would be one unscrupulous ortho.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2019, 01:31:30 PM »
I see, I am looking for MSDO providers then

Oh man, I really, really wanna follow your case carefully because if it can be done it would be the answer to all my intolerable (or barely tolerable) suffering.

The question here that I have is that does your ortho know of your plans to widen the lower? I mean he might only be widening your upper jaw to give you a more width RELATIVE to your current lower jaw width. How are you gonna get him to OVEREXPAND as Plosko mentions to fit a hypothetically-in-the-future lower jaw? Both should be done at the same time or if anything the upper should be done AFTER the lower so I'm just curious what your exact strategy is in this case and how you got the ortho and surgeon who installs the MSE to all get on board?

I definitely wish you luck and am looking forward to your updates. I just have questions and concerns since you're delving in unexplored territory for this forum!

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2019, 02:24:34 PM »
To the OP:

To the OP:

I have noticed that you query for info/advice, but disregard, don't acknowledge, discount or don't 'digest' some of the helpful feedback given to you here. Especially feedback regarding your not going about this the right way. It appears that what you do acknowledge is selective to WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO ANYWAY. But lack of capacity to understand you are not going about this the right way. You query for things, get some good advice but demonstrate that you are BEYOND help you've queried for her.

I'm sorry. But you demonstrate limited capacity to understand what you're doing despite some the feedback here aimed at helping you. That in turn resolves to a waste of time and resources on the part of members (especially the knowledgeable ones) who take the time to render help. Free memberships here ultimately are in the spirit of helping those who CAN be helped (or at least acknowledge the info offered to them subsequent to a query for such). It appears you are BEYOND the very help you query for.

Why? Because if you are just GOING TO DO WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO ANYWAY whilst querying for feedback, some of which you selectively disregard because you are just going to do what you are going to do anyway, it's outside of the spirit of what free memberships are aimed at which is helping those who CAN be helped (or at least acknowledge the info offered to them subsequent to a query for such).

So, unless I see some demonstration from you that you have 'digested' info graciously provided to you or at least acknowledge it was given, I'm going to consider you a waste of resources.

That said, consider your free membership here a TRIAL one and you will be requested to put in a $ donation if you wish to continue the pattern of participation that I have pointed out here.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

forwardgrowth

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2019, 04:07:27 PM »
I understand sorry for being a pest, I am just under incredible time constraints right now

PloskoPlus

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2019, 04:08:53 PM »
I understand sorry for being a pest
If you overexpand your maxilla, you may end up in a world of hurt.