Author Topic: I ACTUALLY BELIEVE A LOT OF THIS s**t  (Read 39303 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: I ACTUALLY BELIEVE A LOT OF THIS s**t
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2013, 06:41:17 PM »
not enough projection. ive been trying to train my tongue to just accept the length of space it has but it just isnt enough. not completely trapped just mostly unstable. certainly exacerbated by the lack of hard tissue support.

everything is all connected. if you experience extreme abnormal growth as i did the muscles and soft tissue, and hard tissue will have a terribly difficult time agreeing with each other.

CK, I feel for you man, it does not sound pleasant what you're going through. Thing is, surgery can't address any of it now, can it? If not it can still improve, I do believe that. If you find some other modalities like therapy and exercises etc. it may cause your soft tissue to adapt and at least the pain or unpleasant feelings you have can be solved. I'm sure you can get better through a combination of these techniques and persistent, patient work. Some of it may be psychosomatic as well, I really do believe that, I'm not saying it's in your head, just that there may be therapies that will fix the mind/body dislocation you may have. it's just hard to pinpoint what exactly will work.

Do feel optimistic though that the problems can be fixed.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2013, 06:13:20 AM »
yeah I just feel extractions are more cut and dry if done on an adult. Nothing like a growth issue where all the soft tissue & muscles and every part of the face grewth with the hard tissue. major bummer, probably a lot less correctable

Im with you on that.

The functional issue of not enough tongue space sounds hell for anyone though, I luckily dont seem to have it (My tongue feel OK in my mouth) I suppose its like being trapped in a room with no doors, you'd end up going mad pretty quickly.

Moon Pix 1985

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2013, 10:29:32 AM »
Lefort II and III mimick normal growth and are reserved for severe deformities, I wouldn't bank on any surgeon performing it on you. Those celebrities jaws harmonize in a way that very few normal people do. What's important to take away from this is a subtle few mm's here or there can make more of a difference than you would believe.

What about this girl? This is the only non-Crouzon syndrome case where I have seen a Le Fort III performed and she doesn't look deformed to me.

Pekay's second post - last girl
http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=570.15

She looks gorgeous after. I wonder why did a Le Fort III on her?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:50:52 AM by Moon Pix 1985 »

pekay

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »
What about this girl? This is the only non-Crouzon syndrome case where I have seen a Le Fort III performed and she doesn't look deformed to me.

Pekay's first post - last girl

Fig. 6. (A) Patient with significant midfacial deficiency (maxilla, zygoma, and orbital rim) with compensated class III occlusion. (B) Anterior mandibular dental alveolar osteotomy, placement of a hinge-joint bone plate, and a dental-anchored distraction bar to improve the arch form and decompensate the mandibular dentition fully. (C) Preoperative and postoperative lateral cephalometric radiographs showing LeFort III, LeFort I, and mandibular BSSO procedure. (D) Clinical outcome, with dramatic improvement in the overall facial aesthetic balance and occlusal relationship. On the right, the occlusion is class II as the canine is moved into the missing lateral incisor position.
Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »

Pekay's first post - last girl

I don't know, definitely a bizarre situation. They refer to her as having a significant midfacial deficiency when it looks pretty similar to something most of us have.

@pekay can you post a full-size picture of her x-ray. It's not letting me view it without paying

pekay

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
I don't know, definitely a bizarre situation. They refer to her as having a significant midfacial deficiency when it looks pretty similar to something most of us have.

@pekay can you post a full-size picture of her x-ray. It's not letting me view it without paying

I didn't save her X-ray picture and ScienceDirect just got really greedy with their pictures (can't even view them in full anymore)

but from what I remember her post-op xray looked insane
Chopsticks > Spoons

pekay

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »
are you guys trolling with this s**t btw? if given the opportunity you would honestly get a Lefort III?
Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2013, 11:05:43 AM »
are you guys trolling with this s**t btw? if given the opportunity you would honestly get a Lefort III?
No, just morbid curiosity.

It's high risk blindness Moonpix, I have no idea why a surgeon performed it on her. would you take an improved midface if you couldn't even see what it looked like?

pekay

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2013, 11:09:48 AM »
No, just morbid curiosity.

It's high risk blindness Moonpix, I have no idea why a surgeon performed it on her. would you take an improved midface if you couldn't even see what it looked like?

my question was mainly directed at Moon

check and mate

Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2013, 12:25:07 PM »
i have a problem with accepting that's a lefort 1 AND a lefort III. I don't even know what that means since a lefort III moves the entire face forward. So that means she had the lefort osteotomy above the gum line, but then ALSO in a second segment the coronal osteotomy (around the skull) for the lefort III? And lefort III's are usually done with some kind of external incision which I don't even see here --I think it would be quite apparent. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I just don't understand how it would be done. That something like that was done though is quite obvious. I would guess it's similar to the lefort II quadrangular I posted info about from Eugene Keller at MAYO, which similarly brings the cheekbones and lower orbital rim forward but is performed with internal incisions....

x

• Private
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
Lefort III is for amateurs

me, I'm going with the monobloc osteotomy

Moon Pix 1985

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2013, 04:58:37 AM »
my question was mainly directed at Moon

check and mate

God no. I know about the risks. I don't get why they would be willing to do that to someone who didnt have a severe life threatening condition like Crouzon syndrome.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2013, 06:41:04 AM »
f**k it, I'm just going to go for a full on head transplant, none of that mincy bone cutting for me.