Author Topic: Which surgeries can move the jaw angles further back?  (Read 1078 times)

swissguy

Which surgeries can move the jaw angles further back?
« on: August 08, 2019, 03:24:27 AM »
Basically, the horizontal distance between my earlobe (taking this simply as a point of reference) and my gonial is way too big. Which surgeries would make it possible to move the gonial back so the angle between ramus and jaw angle becomes smaller? I am thinking of sidewing or jaw implants, but I have never actually seen results that focused on the posterior jaw. Also, can any surgery make the ramus more defined? As far as I know, implants only cover a small part of the total ramus.
I assume bimax would be useless for this, as it is only possible to elongate the lower third by winning length towards the front. Correct me if I am wrong about this.

Lestat

Re: Which surgeries can move the jaw angles further back?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 04:47:34 AM »
Ivro (maybe).

djsbelgium

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 07:51:37 AM »
A defined ramus is the result of proper forward growth (can be achieved with bimax). Same goes for the jawline.

swissguy

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 08:09:45 AM »
A defined ramus is the result of proper forward growth (can be achieved with bimax). Same goes for the jawline.

But isnt only the jawline that is already "in front" of the gonial elongated during bimax?
See this image:  https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jpZW6ttTd6E/maxresdefault.jpg  -> the gonial stays more or less at the same position
or are there bimax variants that differ from posted example?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 09:29:09 AM »
Hard to visualize what you are asking. Are you asking if it's possible to make a VERTICAL cut through the ramus to overlap one part over the other as to decrease horizontal distance of a WIDE ramus?  Perhaps use the diagram you linked to to illustrate on it what you are asking.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

swissguy

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 10:23:51 AM »
gonial that is too far forward: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/606103113232810016/608783529601400862/unknown.png
amateur morhp of what I believe would look much better: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/606103113232810016/608783768966266906/unknown.png

hope this helps to understand what I mean

IconVillage

• Private
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 11:17:09 AM »
Jaw angle implant

djsbelgium

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 11:58:05 AM »
But isnt only the jawline that is already "in front" of the gonial elongated during bimax?
See this image:  https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jpZW6ttTd6E/maxresdefault.jpg  -> the gonial stays more or less at the same position
or are there bimax variants that differ from posted example?

Gonial stays in position but becomes more defined with bimax advancement because the jaws will pull the tissue

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 07:12:01 PM »
gonial that is too far forward: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/606103113232810016/608783529601400862/unknown.png
amateur morhp of what I believe would look much better: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/606103113232810016/608783768966266906/unknown.png

hope this helps to understand what I mean

Looks like it would be a custom implant aimed at augmenting the posterior aspect of the jaw angle.

swissguy

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 03:45:33 AM »
Looks like it would be a custom implant aimed at augmenting the posterior aspect of the jaw angle.

do you think the "elongation" is realistic though? I mean thats at LEAST a whole centimeter, probably more like 1.5-2, is this acheivable with implants?
All implant results I have seen so far aimed at improving the jaw width, and not the posterior length, so I dont know what is actually possible.

djsbelgium

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 10:07:14 AM »
do you think the "elongation" is realistic though? I mean thats at LEAST a whole centimeter, probably more like 1.5-2, is this acheivable with implants?
All implant results I have seen so far aimed at improving the jaw width, and not the posterior length, so I dont know what is actually possible.

The jaw ANGLE area can be elongated vertically downward, bulked out anteriorly 'outward' and built out posteriorly 'backwards' with custom implants which are used to design in specific SHAPE requests.

If you want to know what your morph of desired look would apply to, it would apply to a CUSTOMIZED implant design.

If you want to know such things as what the measures of such an implant customized to the outcome you've illustrated would be in specific directions and/or how 'realistic' one specific augmentation direction would be you would need to consult with a doctor who uses them.