Author Topic: Interview with Simonas Grybauskas  (Read 5999 times)

justme

Re: Interview with Simonas Grybauskas
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 01:46:37 PM »
He seems to have a patient detractor.

http://myorthognathic.surgery/site/?page_id=1297

I consider Grybauskas to be a huge manipulator and a liar. If it was up to me, I would revoke his doctor's license. Detracting patients in not my intent. My intention is to warn people that any patient dealing with Grybauskas should exercise a high degree of caution and provide with instructions, which would make things easier in case if anything goes wrong as often even small and seldom overlooked details can later prove to be crucial pieces of information. If in the process patients get detracted, that's not my fault - that's Grybauskas' fault that I got nothing good to tell about him. But my personal recommendation stands unchanged - stay away from Grybauskas, especially if you live abroad and have other options. Coming to Lithuania to see Grybauskas and dealing with all the potential trouble is just not worth it.

On a side note: after reading reviews left by patients of drs. Arnett and Gunson (Grybauskas' teachers and inspirers), I found many negative similarities in what my experience was with Grybauskas and what other patients experienced with Arnett and Gunson in how things are handled pre/during/post-surgery, what are the treatment outcomes, how patients unhappy with treatment results are treated, etc. It's sad to read horror-filled stories from patients who sought to change things for the better, but ended up with even more suffering.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 02:37:52 PM »
I consider Grybauskas to be a huge manipulator and a liar. If it was up to me, I would revoke his doctor's license. Detracting patients in not my intent. My intention is to warn people that any patient dealing with Grybauskas should exercise a high degree of caution and provide with instructions, which would make things easier in case if anything goes wrong as often even small and seldom overlooked details can later prove to be crucial pieces of information. If in the process patients get detracted, that's not my fault - that's Grybauskas' fault that I got nothing good to tell about him. But my personal recommendation stands unchanged - stay away from Grybauskas, especially if you live abroad and have other options. Coming to Lithuania to see Grybauskas and dealing with all the potential trouble is just not worth it.

On a side note: after reading reviews left by patients of drs. Arnett and Gunson (Grybauskas' teachers and inspirers), I found many negative similarities in what my experience was with Grybauskas and what other patients experienced with Arnett and Gunson in how things are handled pre/during/post-surgery, what are the treatment outcomes, how patients unhappy with treatment results are treated, etc. It's sad to read horror-filled stories from patients who sought to change things for the better, but ended up with even more suffering.

Perhaps patient 'protester' would be a better word selection than  patient 'detractor'.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2019, 02:51:03 PM »
Perhaps patient 'protester' would be a better word selection than  patient 'detractor'.
I think he meant deterring, putting off.

justme

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »
I think he meant deterring, putting off.

Best to my knowledge, ever since my website got published, Grybauskas made changes to how he conducts business and carries out procedures and surgeries. His is perfectly aware that majority of the patients who deal with him, have visited my website and know what to expect and how to act. For example I am aware of the fact that Grybauskas attempted to start providing treatment plans to new patients through his assistant, which I consider is totally unacceptable because it's not his assistant who will be doing the surgery, but Grybauskas and, therefore, it's Grybauskas who should be presenting the treatment plan. I suspect he does not like to answer inconvenient questions directly and wanted to avoid this by acting through his assistant. I placed a warning on my website that the treatment plan should always be provided personally by the surgeon who will actually carry out the surgery. This is crucial in preventing potential misunderstandings later.

If my website was shutdown, that would be the greatest gift for Grybauskas as he could return to his old ways and brainwashing tactics, but for now it's a big pain in the a** for him. So, yes - deterrence is the good term to use in my case.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:13:41 PM by justme »