General Category > Aesthetics

Was thinking about a lower third procedure to improve facial aesthetics

(1/4) > >>

frozenchicken:
Profile seems to be the biggest issue. Was thinking really about any procedure but lower third appears to be the biggest problem - lacking volume. I believe my lips are protruding forward too much and my chin is not, as well as having high philtrum and low philtrum to chin ratio. Additionally there is limited jawline definition despite lower fat and short ramus. Lastly my maxilla has some forward growth in constrast to lower third but is also long. Gonial angle is not so bad at about 135 degrees

Was suggested fillers at first to experiment with the looks but from what I understand they do not add that much

Wrap around jaw implant could be another option but it's quite expensive at at least 10000 Euros (based in Europe) and would be only done at a later stage. While I don't mind commitment I believe it is best to ask online enthusiasts first as doctors tend to push things too much

(I have poor hair framing at the moment which doesn't do me any favors but I'm just post hair transplant and this is the ugliest stage, however it doesn't change my poor lower third)

I managed to attach only 1 image so had to compress all 3 together

ben from UK:
Your profile seems to be quite ok, even with a slightly recessed chin. Maybe you could improve the front a bit with chinwork. You also have a slightly long philtrum, which you adressed yourself, and you're norwooding. HT could bring you up as well.

GJ:
OP, I think you look totally normal.
Very mild lack of projection in the lower jaw but really, not a big deal. Philtrum is a bit long, but you're a guy, you can get away with it. Facial hair covers this wonderfully. Anyone recommending procedures is irresponsible, imo, and you likely have BDD and/or perfectionism.

kavan:

--- Quote from: frozenchicken on November 13, 2019, 08:35:52 AM ---Profile seems to be the biggest issue. Was thinking really about any procedure but lower third appears to be the biggest problem - lacking volume. I believe my lips are protruding forward too much and my chin is not, as well as having high philtrum and low philtrum to chin ratio. Additionally there is limited jawline definition despite lower fat and short ramus. Lastly my maxilla has some forward growth in constrast to lower third but is also long. Gonial angle is not so bad at about 135 degrees

Was suggested fillers at first to experiment with the looks but from what I understand they do not add that much

Wrap around jaw implant could be another option but it's quite expensive at at least 10000 Euros (based in Europe) and would be only done at a later stage. While I don't mind commitment I believe it is best to ask online enthusiasts first as doctors tend to push things too much

(I have poor hair framing at the moment which doesn't do me any favors but I'm just post hair transplant and this is the ugliest stage, however it doesn't change my poor lower third)

I managed to attach only 1 image so had to compress all 3 together

--- End quote ---

Nose base at Anterior Nasal Spine (ANS) looks forward. Often the case when the nose to lip angle is overly open (obtuse) which you have. Consistent with your observation of chin NOT looking as RELATIVELY forward as lip area.

ETA: Your chin/jaw area is NOT backwards. It just looks so because the ANS is too forwards. The aesthetic disharmony is at the ANS.

frozenchicken:

--- Quote from: ben from UK on November 13, 2019, 09:35:10 AM ---Your profile seems to be quite ok, even with a slightly recessed chin. Maybe you could improve the front a bit with chinwork. You also have a slightly long philtrum, which you adressed yourself, and you're norwooding. HT could bring you up as well.

--- End quote ---
By your frontal chin comment do you mean adding vertical volume? My understanding is this is mainly achieved through custom implants, as regular implants only focus on profile addressing and fillers are just too minor. I might be wrong but this is what I gathered before. Very helpful to pinpoint the critical areas rather than attempting to address everything even not so bad!

Edit:

My vision is lacking, as I forgot to address the hair. I'm almost two months post the procedure and now it looks very bad. I was about Norwood 2.5 before and I have to say that actually now it still looks better than with long hair before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version