Author Topic: Thoughts about wisdom teeth extraction?  (Read 561 times)

Dutcherhatcher

• Private
Thoughts about wisdom teeth extraction?
« on: January 26, 2020, 12:06:10 PM »
Had the upper removed because of the pre surgery braces. Was this a mistake? Any credibility for the notion that wisdom teeth removal causes facial collapse beside internet hype? I wasn’t able to find any medical documentation on it

ArtVandelay

• Private
Re: Thoughts about wisdom teeth extraction?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 12:30:03 PM »
Had the upper removed because of the pre surgery braces. Was this a mistake? Any credibility for the notion that wisdom teeth removal causes facial collapse beside internet hype? I wasn’t able to find any medical documentation on it

I don't think removing wisdom teeth, especially on a non-growing patient, should have any effect. Why were they removed, impacted or over-erupted ?

Dutcherhatcher

• Private
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »
I don't think removing wisdom teeth, especially on a non-growing patient, should have any effect. Why were they removed, impacted or over-erupted ?
According to the surgeon, simply to help symmetrize the jaw and palate. When I asked if it is avoidable, he insisted it’s the best course of action

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 01:53:08 PM »
Yeah it seems very specific to your case. You have to trust your surgeon on this. Make sure you fully understand the benefit/drawback. Get a second opinion if you have doubts.