Author Topic: Bimax+CCW (New Ceph and X-Ray)  (Read 1953 times)

jshelp

Re: Bimax+CCW (New Ceph and X-Ray)
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2021, 02:03:57 AM »
All, I wanted to stress here in this string is to be careful of what you ask for, in particular using advancement with the goal of the bones being far forward enough to stretch out the soft tissue and to the extent the 'bones pop' because that would take a lot of advancement and if doctors started interpreting your requests for advancement to stretch all out so there was absolutely no 'excess', you would end up looking close to the Great Khali. So, bottom line is that you DID NOT KNOW what you COULD be getting into if you expressed to doctors you wanted to use advancement to go BEYOND your minor recession and to go beyond it to use it as a means of stretching all out for bones to 'pop'. Because you were on your way to asking for s**t you WOULD NOT WANT.

As to what's under your chin, it could be DEEP fat, muscle tissue and probably not 'excess skin'. As to buccal fat, you DON'T know. 'Re-upholtering the soft tissue to the bones and being braced to deal with DEEP structures under the neck--what ever they are and there are many types--is the stuff of ADVANCED plastic surgeons KNOWN for working very deep to areas under the chin/neck and jaw line. They know what's in there and how to deal with it WHEN THEY OPEN UP THE FACE. Likewise with buccal fat. The pad could be LARGE, medium or small and they only know when they make the incision.

Again, my telling you to be CAREFUL and cautious about the 'reverse face lift' stuff and doctors telling you they can OVER ADVANCE wasn't an 'invitation' to coach you about other stuff.

I think you could get some MODEST improvement with bimax to address what ever modest to minor recession you have. But the more you try to go overboard with advancement to get your bones to 'pop', and for all the tissue to be stretched out, the closer you will get to the wrestler look.

Enclosed is a side by side photo of what you DON'T WANT. Bring it with you to your consults.

Okay understand waht case you want to warn about, thank you. Even though I don't necessarily expect to have an extreme chiseled look etc. after djs, I was hoping to at least get rid of the bagginess under the chin and the nasobial folds. So more than minor improvements, which makes such a procedure somehow difficult to justify. Since this itself carries aesthetic and health risks. Also I then very likely need a rhinoplasty and possibly a genioplasty to eliminate the asymtery.

edit: in the attachment is a before/after what i approximatly expect/hopping for
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 02:22:19 AM by jshelp »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2021, 11:21:21 AM »
Okay understand waht case you want to warn about, thank you. Even though I don't necessarily expect to have an extreme chiseled look etc. after djs, I was hoping to at least get rid of the bagginess under the chin and the nasobial folds. So more than minor improvements, which makes such a procedure somehow difficult to justify. Since this itself carries aesthetic and health risks. Also I then very likely need a rhinoplasty and possibly a genioplasty to eliminate the asymtery.

edit: in the attachment is a before/after what i approximatly expect/hopping for

VERBAL information has been hard to get through to you. Just look at the length of this 'back and forth' on this string. This could be from a language barrior and/or a mental block. Either way,
I think, at this point, you have enough VISUAL information to distinguish from what you want from what you don't want (and my fingers are getting worn to the bone typing back and forth with the verbal communication). Regarding the VISUAL you showed as what you approximately do want, although that person has a different start point than you do, both visuals could be used to at least convey to a doctor a basic request of 'This BUT NOT That'. However, you will probably need a doctor who will SHOW you on YOUR OWN FACE (via a morph/visual) what he has in mind as a surgical goal.

A visual on YOUR face as to what the doctor has in mind will tend to cut down on misinterpretation of verbal communication alone. For example being told that 'reverse face lifts' via DJS 'pick up excess skin better than face lifts' and from that, some MIND'S EYE interpretation on your part where your BRAIN starts CONNECTING to images of super chiseled models. So, the best way to TAME any unrealistic expectations you may have is for these doctors who are using only VERBAL communication with you is to SHOW you a VISUAL based on YOUR FACE of what they have in mind for it.

Here, you have shown an Alfaro patient. To the best of my knowledge, he has provided morph visuals of what he has in mind. You don't show any visual proposals of what the other doctors had in mind for your face (including Z), so I shall assume you have no visual reference as to what they had in mind when they conveyed what ever they conveyed to you verbally.

That said, I think I have provided sufficient information as how to go about basic communications with doctors and interpretations thereof.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

jshelp

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2021, 02:23:52 PM »
VERBAL information has been hard to get through to you. Just look at the length of this 'back and forth' on this string. This could be from a language barrior and/or a mental block. Either way,
I think, at this point, you have enough VISUAL information to distinguish from what you want from what you don't want (and my fingers are getting worn to the bone typing back and forth with the verbal communication). Regarding the VISUAL you showed as what you approximately do want, although that person has a different start point than you do, both visuals could be used to at least convey to a doctor a basic request of 'This BUT NOT That'. However, you will probably need a doctor who will SHOW you on YOUR OWN FACE (via a morph/visual) what he has in mind as a surgical goal.

A visual on YOUR face as to what the doctor has in mind will tend to cut down on misinterpretation of verbal communication alone. For example being told that 'reverse face lifts' via DJS 'pick up excess skin better than face lifts' and from that, some MIND'S EYE interpretation on your part where your BRAIN starts CONNECTING to images of super chiseled models. So, the best way to TAME any unrealistic expectations you may have is for these doctors who are using only VERBAL communication with you is to SHOW you a VISUAL based on YOUR FACE of what they have in mind for it.

Here, you have shown an Alfaro patient. To the best of my knowledge, he has provided morph visuals of what he has in mind. You don't show any visual proposals of what the other doctors had in mind for your face (including Z), so I shall assume you have no visual reference as to what they had in mind when they conveyed what ever they conveyed to you verbally.

That said, I think I have provided sufficient information as how to go about basic communications with doctors and interpretations thereof.
Understand what you are trying to say/what you are trying to warn me about. Thanks for your input!

I think it makes the most sense to get real morphs from surgeons and make sure you have the same visual result in mind. It's a shame that some surgeons don't create morphs until you've decided on the surgery.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2021, 05:53:39 PM »
Understand what you are trying to say/what you are trying to warn me about. Thanks for your input!

I think it makes the most sense to get real morphs from surgeons and make sure you have the same visual result in mind. It's a shame that some surgeons don't create morphs until you've decided on the surgery.

BINGO. Make sure you both have same visual goal in mind.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.