Author Topic: Why did this result come out this way?  (Read 2755 times)

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Why did this result come out this way?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2022, 10:15:49 AM »
I hope she is doing better now.

I'm not even sure she is alive. We used to talk on the phone often, and I haven't been able to get any contact with her for years now. Just completely...gone. I'm assuming depression because that was the case when we last spoke, but it could be worse.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

jawsurgery029184

• Private
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2022, 02:30:03 PM »
Wow, that sounds terrible. For quite a long while I was in a pretty dangerous state of mind, I had to get rid of anything related to jaw surgery. I hope that is the case with her, just taking a long break from it all. And not anything worse.

MaryM

• Private
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2022, 12:22:05 PM »
Hi -

I am seriously considering jaw surgery for functional and aesthetic reasons. I really don't want to become an expert on facial aesthetics but I'm nervous about the outcome and pretty disappointed by the eye of some top surgeons I've consulted with so I'm doing some diligence before making a final decision.

I saw this result from Steinbacher and it looks so off to me. I think she looks better before than after - after her profile is flat and long. To show what I mean, I morphed the before to what I think would be a better result (Not perfect I did it quickly but She still looks like herself and maintains some balance and femininity). Do people agree with me? Can anyone tell me or give a good guess as to why this result turned out the way it did? Would there have been a better approach? Thank you.

result:
https://www.dereksteinbacher.com/gallery/#ba-image-631

(In the morph I tried to only move jaws forward/down and upturn nose a bit. I also might have overdone it a bit but I'm just trying to demonstrate what I mean)

I think this particular patient looks fine in the after profile (would need to see the front) though agree with what you're trying to get at ruby.  Your morph would have also been an equally good or better outcome, again, depending on the frontal view.

I am certainly no expert when it comes to jaw surgery and aesthetics, but what I do notice is that it can have what I find to be an unappealing masculinizing effect on women, which is why I haven't done it.  From what I've seen, men tend to have consistently better aesthetic outcomes than women.

This is another example of what I find to be an unfavorable and masculinized outcome:

https://facialsculptureclinic.com/en/case/all-cases/276/

I've been contemplating jaw surgery since I was a teenager, though haven't been able to commit to anything.  Unsure if it is possible for me to retain the features that make me look feminine and attractive while improving facial balance (e.g. convexity, slightly recessed chin, gummy smile, nose prominence, etc.).  It would also be really nice to open my airways, which I've been told several times are very very narrow.

The other things is that yeah, I don't have the greatest profile, and the iphone camera isn't friendly to my face (the lens exaggerates the convexity), but my IRL frontal view in the mirror I'm okay-ish with.  Do I want to go through major alterations so that I can look better in an iphone selfie?  I also saw a doctor on instagram point out that people shouldn't be undergoing plastic surgery based on a phone selfie because of the way the camera lens can distort  the face. 

Nevertheless I'm here again doing research because I know I want to do something, just not quite sure what. 

I've been considering a cheek and brow lift (for aesthetic purposes) and one surgeon I spoke to marked up my face with all manner of other changes while pointing out facial imbalances between the thirds.  On the other hand, another surgeon I spoke to said I don't need any work and has pretty much refused to operate on my face *shrug*