Surgeon Information > Surgeon Reviews and Leads

Experiences with dr. Albino Triaca?

(1/2) > >>

sharkie007:
Hello,

I have been trying to find a surgeon to restore my jaw, that Douglas Sinn shortened without my permission. I talked to dr. Triaca, who said that he would do the surgery, applying his osteotomy method. I really wanted the osteotomy before but no surgeons wanted to perform it on me, because they said it was risky. They said that I could lose my bone due to an infection, so I gave up on this method.  Now dr. Triaca is saying, that there is no danger like that and he has performed over 900 cases and he knows, what he is doing. I really do not know what to think. Do you have any knowledge of dr. Triaca's work guys? Do you think this osteotomy method is safe? Have you heard anyone losing bone in this process?
Thanks for the responses.

Tomasjohn:
We (or just me?) don't know what method you mean.

Osteotomy = surgical cutting of bone.

sharkie007:

--- Quote from: Tomasjohn on April 25, 2023, 11:40:42 AM ---We (or just me?) don't know what method you mean.

Osteotomy = surgical cutting of bone.

--- End quote ---

yes. HE said that he does the Wing technology and I should look it up on the Internet. The method I found so far is, that he cuts the bone and pull the segments apart.

Tomasjohn:
In this case:

--- Quote from: sharkie007 on April 25, 2023, 09:15:57 AM ---Hello,
They said that I could lose my bone due to an infection, so I gave up on this method. 

--- End quote ---

This is quite a specific risk.. certainly not the No.1 risk in my opinion. With this surgery you have to navigate a nerve and usually also take bone graft from the hip, elbow or rip.
Did they have a reason for this statement .. ?
- Maybe there is not enough space to cut through the bone without injuring the nerve?
- Maybe they believe that whatever material they use instead of your own bone graft is prone to infection (if they dont use your own bone)?
... so the risk really depends on the specific case and approach of the surgeon.

--- Quote from: sharkie007 on April 25, 2023, 09:15:57 AM ---like that and he has performed over 900 cases

--- End quote ---

He did it since day one because he is the inventor of this method. So this statement could be true.

--- Quote from: sharkie007 on April 25, 2023, 09:15:57 AM --- Do you think this osteotomy method is safe? Have you heard anyone losing bone in this process?

--- End quote ---

I don't know about loosing bone - why were they so concerned about this one?

Generally:
Relatively safe or relatively unsafe. Depends on what you compare it to.
Comparsion:
Jaw-Surgery > Chin-Wing > Genioplasty

Spontaneously the following comes to my mind why bone loss occurs:
- infection
- foreign body (mechanical impact)
- absence of stimulation/pressure (new bones cells are not generated anymore)
- Aging  ;)

sharkie007:
Thank you for the input. All (3) surgeons said, that if there is an infection, I could lose my own bone, that is why I finally gave up on this method. So it is true, right?
With the nerve that runs in the jaw .... I think it is predictible as he sees on the cbct where it is and can count out where to cut exactly, without hurting it. I am however afraid that if I get an infection (which is not predictible), instead getting a bigger bone, I will end up losing even what I have. What do you think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version