Author Topic: Do I have a serious implant infection?  (Read 1502 times)

ben from UK

Do I have a serious implant infection?
« on: November 18, 2023, 04:31:16 AM »
I had a wrap around jaw implant in 2019. I always had a bit of an itchy feeling on the left side, but the last couple of weeks the left side began to swell. I also have ear pain. I have done a blood test and it came out that my white blood cells were a bit elevated (11400 ųl). The crp level is 6,13mg/l. The ESR is 11 mm after one hour.

The lab said the test was negative. My doctor (i live in Europe) said there was no heavy accute infection. The surgeon that did the last revision said: I don't think it's an infection. I went on holiday and consulted a doctor abroad. He said it was an infection/inflammation. He said it was nothing to worry about and it would go away with antibiotics. I asked him three times: are you sure about this, cause I have an implant, and if these implants are infected, and biofilms are formed, I will need to take the implant out. He said: trust me, if the implants were infected, you would have much higher value of crp and other blood values, this is just a superficial inflammation that should go away within 6 days after antibiotics.

So, what do you guys think? Why are all the doctors not concerned about this? Is it because the consequences of infected implants are less known among doctors, or should I really be not concerned if they say: don't worry?

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Do I have a serious implant infection?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 09:24:37 AM »
Did this get resolved?

I'd be concerned about that. Get some more opinions.
Millimeters are miles on the face.