Author Topic: Post Surgery - 7 Days ( Lower Jaw Surgery ) *HELP*  (Read 1199 times)

sainty91

Post Surgery - 7 Days ( Lower Jaw Surgery ) *HELP*
« on: September 26, 2013, 04:01:25 AM »
Hi everyone

I just had a lower jaw surgery recently to correct my under bite, and well, it has been 7 days so far, and everything is going smoothly.Well not till i realized the back molar of my teeth doesn?t touch, when i clench my bite together. Is it a cause to worry? & it is putting alot of pressure on my front teethes because that is the only point where my bite meets.

Did my surgeons not align my jaw properly when they were doing the surgery?

I am pretty worried i would have to undergo another surgery, but i am seeing my surgeon only tmrw. :(

Thanks,
Jeremy

pekay

Re: Post Surgery - 7 Days ( Lower Jaw Surgery ) *HELP*
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »
what you are describing can be corrected via orthodontics, it's not uncommon for someone's bite to be off right after surgery
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Post Surgery - 7 Days ( Lower Jaw Surgery ) *HELP*
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »
Hi everyone

I just had a lower jaw surgery recently to correct my under bite, and well, it has been 7 days so far, and everything is going smoothly.Well not till i realized the back molar of my teeth doesn?t touch, when i clench my bite together. Is it a cause to worry? & it is putting alot of pressure on my front teethes because that is the only point where my bite meets.

Did my surgeons not align my jaw properly when they were doing the surgery?

I am pretty worried i would have to undergo another surgery, but i am seeing my surgeon only tmrw. :(

Thanks,
Jeremy

don't worry about it, it's more than likely something they will just correct with braces after surgery, i think it's quite common.....