Author Topic: Forward Head Posture  (Read 80511 times)

Marisama

• Private
Re: Forward Head Posture
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
I guess you're right. The posts are just ramblings so I was just wondering if the function exists. The scroll bar can't prevent new posts from showing up.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 05:43:18 PM »
Looks like Bob Marley needs to go smoke one

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 08:12:11 PM »
You're right.  That would be nice.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2012, 08:26:28 AM »
so two weeks ago for no apparent reason both my palms became less numb.  i have NO idea why, they're back to being numb.  it's driving me nuts.

im strengthening my rotator cuffs now with 1-2lb weights. the bad pts ONLY address rotator cuff issues... which is bandaid on the wound, effing stupid.

is a test to see if you have shoulder impingement, you should be able to do tihs

my right arm only does this which is pretty bad considering im hypermobile

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2012, 08:44:20 AM »
My right arm is the same exact way but only in the past year.  I used to be able to link both hands behind on both sides (like in the first photo) but now only my left arm/hand can move back.  What gives?  Did I injure my right arm?  Why hasn't it healed yet?

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2012, 09:28:04 AM »
it's not necessarily an "injury" but it will make you more likely to injure yourself in the future!!  a lotta athletes have problems with it

i think most people with poor posture will have trouble doing that stretch, if it makes you feel any better.  but im like you, i used to be able to do it now i cant at all.

its not going to get better on its own unless you do shoulder mobilization and stability exercises :(

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2012, 09:30:13 AM »
i think while i have good health ins.  im going to get tested for this bc people with ehlers danlos syndrome are more likely to have it but ..im so scared!  anyone who's REALLY curious about how their neck functions needs to get a sitting mri.  i have only had one lying down.  of course it looks fine lying down.  hello gravity! 

Arnold–Chiari malformation, or often simply Chiari malformation, is a malformation of the brain. It consists of a downward displacement of the cerebellar tonsils through the foramen magnum (the opening at the base of the skull), sometimes causing non-communicating [1] hydrocephalus as a result of obstruction of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) outflow.[2] The cerebrospinal fluid outflow is caused by phase difference in outflow and influx of blood in the vasculature of the brain. It can cause headaches, fatigue, muscle weakness in the head and face, difficulty swallowing, dizziness, nausea, impaired coordination, and, in severe cases, paralysis.[3]

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »
my rotator cuff muscles are so weak i could barely lift a 1 lb weight!!  this is a good strengthening exercise

17.1 Rotator Cuff Infraspinatus Strengthening

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2012, 07:45:03 AM »
i don't think i posted this..it's my neck.  TOO STRAIGHT, i wonder if it's got more of a curve in it now that i do chin tucks.  srsly tho by the way chiros were talking you'd think it was way straighter, to me it doesn't look bad.  what looks bad is my c7 bone is effing huge but only my pt agrees it's huge

normal neck

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2012, 08:04:42 AM »

is chiari, the surgery for it is really dangerous

see the brain slipping down
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:57:20 AM by trigeminalneuralgia »

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2012, 11:49:45 AM »
so i set up a lifeline jungle gym xt at home (trx knock off that's cheaper and i think better)

im doing this exercise every day, im in the same position as photo except on knees (easier) and lifting one arm up

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »
this is the coolest site ever

http://www.mypacs.net

you can look at case studies by ALL MODALITIES, xray, mri etc.  and they have normal cases too.  ive been looking through it for hours

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »
my hands might actually be numb from a magnesium deficiency + bad posture is compressing my thoracic outlet

kind of blowing my mind

i take tons of magnesium every day for a year now and i'm nowhere near the 50th percentile yet

x

• Private
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2012, 10:53:29 AM »
Damn I think I have this as well.

Add it to the laundry list  ::)

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2012, 11:41:26 AM »
we need to come up with some bulls**t study that "proves" weak jaws are advantageous and then post it all over facebook

and people with just quote and requote the title and at most barely glacne at the abstract