Author Topic: a little help pls  (Read 3810 times)

sven89

a little help pls
« on: October 09, 2013, 08:02:41 AM »
My problem is this.my bite is fine but there is something with my jaw.even my jaw is developed it is lacking in vertical height and width making my face looks triangle and small.what can i do?I visited a couple of ps and recommended either sg either chin+jaw implants.should i visit an oral/max surgeon?

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lazlo

• Private
Re: a little help pls
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 10:14:02 AM »
don't do it, your chin and jaw are fine, from the front the length is perfect. definitely don't get implants.

overbiter

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:35:47 AM »
I see what you mean about your face not looking right. It seems structurally weak but the length is ok. I don't know how you could fix it. It would have to be bimax I suppose, your upper jaw looks a little suspect (too short). You're a strange case, you need the opposite of what Korean girls get when they make their mandible smaller, you need it wider. Maybe you could try and build up the masseter muscles naturally, it might make your face look better.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 02:16:32 AM »
Dude, get off this forum, from the side you have model like proportions, you just have a narrower tapering jawline which is very elegant and many peoople desire it. Not everyone thinks a big block head like Tom Brady is the most aesthetically pleasing in a man. You've developed some sort of twisted biomorphic body disorder and you need to stop COLD TURKEY. You are a handsome man so quit this bulls**t. I cannot even begin to outline the number of problems you will develop as a result of pursuing this further either though PS or max fac (espcially don't do max fac). Even a genio cannot help you, you have great projection and length of the chin. Great jaw angles you jus have a more slender tapering face, you probably could even be a model if you grew a bit of facial hair. Anyway, to people like I have to say Good luck and f**k off.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 06:34:19 AM »
Jaw implants are probably your best bet. Looking into that. You definitely aren't a jaw surgery candidate though.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 07:54:17 AM »
Agree with all of the above posts.

All of us here who have had or will have jaw surgery have some kind of functional issue.  Some have more, some have less but everyone has some kind of bite or airway issue

Your "issue" is a slightly narrower lower jaw than you consider ideal - there isn't any jaw surgery that I know of that can change this.  All you can do is get angle implants which can be problematic.  A sliding genioplasty won't help you.

You may have to live with it - none of us can achieve what we consider the "perfect" look.  Which isn't to say there's anything wrong with a bit of self improvement (I've certainly done my share of that) but some things can be improve with surgery and some things just can't really.

Wait 5 years for implant technology to improve and titanium implants are available or accept the way you are

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 08:26:02 AM »
yeah toss off you CLass I poser!!!! We don't want you here!!!!   >:(

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:18:37 AM »
Agree with all of the above posts.

All of us here who have had or will have jaw surgery have some kind of functional issue.  Some have more, some have less but everyone has some kind of bite or airway issue

Your "issue" is a slightly narrower lower jaw than you consider ideal - there isn't any jaw surgery that I know of that can change this.  All you can do is get angle implants which can be problematic.  A sliding genioplasty won't help you.

You may have to live with it - none of us can achieve what we consider the "perfect" look.  Which isn't to say there's anything wrong with a bit of self improvement (I've certainly done my share of that) but some things can be improve with surgery and some things just can't really.

Wait 5 years for implant technology to improve and titanium implants are available or accept the way you are

yo ccg, what do you mean 5 years for implant technology? You mean like bone reengineering and stuff? Many you guys in your 20s are so lucky, you'll still have so many good options while you're still only in your 30s. I'm jealous

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »

How would titanium be superior to the materials comonly used at the moment for implants?
Just a smaller risk of infection or the ability to create better shapes?

I haven't seen a single after photo of jawline/jaw angle implants that look nice and chiselled, sure they can add width but they always seem to give a puffy/fat bloated kind of look.
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:13 PM »
Mommaerts does them, I asked him personally. He said they're very, very expensive and can't be adjusted. So if you don't like it then you've got to remove it and accept a huge hole in your pocket. He said he's only done a few though, as obviously not many people can afford or are willing to try them.

And these are facial implants for cosmetic issues?
I didn't think he used implants  ???
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 02:38:07 AM »
You look good man. I'm with the others on this one.