Author Topic: The pointlessness of everything.  (Read 31240 times)

Jack

Re: The pointlessness of everything.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »
You're pretty blunt, but I agree with most of this. If you have weak jaws and a weak chin, you are pretty much a loser automatically. However, you can't just correct the jaws and become attractive -- there's so much more that goes into attractiveness. Handsome men not only have large jaws and chins but also large cheekbones, prominent brow ridges, thick eyebrows, wide foreheads, and relatively compact midfaces. Most weak-jawed betas don't have any of these features, so you need to correct all of these problems so that larger jaws don't seem out of place.

Yeah! Heavyweight is the only really cool guy on this thread!

Jack

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »
betas...alphas...what is this the middle ages? nothing sinister about correcting a jaw deformity or wanting to improve one's appearance - go for it, it's your life and money. BUT, your entire life and personality is not predicated on your freaking jaw bro.

Listen bro, yes it is.

Heavyweight

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 07:28:10 PM »
for women, i would say it is more difficult but that is just my opinion.

Looks are actually way less important for women's success in dating. Moreover, women can compensate for poor facial aesthetics with a great body; men can't.

Jack

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 07:31:41 PM »
Man, you got to love it. I HAVE A WEAK JAW!! I was totally and absolutely joking with the Conan clip and my comments about what a "real" man is like. I mean Nick Cave, who has an incredibly weak chin is like a personal hero of mine.  I just thought it would be a funny thing to throw the Conan clip into the mix and bring a little levity to this whole discussion about the point of life. I mean what a f**king retarded thread to begin with--what the f**k does the point of life have to do with your jaw issues!!??
 But instead of having a good laugh you depressives have demoted my ranking from plus 2 to negative 2 and have demonstrated yet another fact which can now be inferred from people with weak jaw issues: YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR!! Pathetic...

Jack

ps Marisama, I'm just curious, judging from your comments I picture you to be like the fat girl with really bad acne who no one really likes and who like tattles on everyone. Am I close?

Jack

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 07:37:32 PM »
I think happiness is pretty much the only thing that matters in life. Looks are a HUGE part of happiness, which is why I'm doing everything I can to improve my looks.

Yeah I mean looks are basically like 99 percent of what makes a person cool. If you're good looking, you basically don't have to worry about s**t. You could even be mentally retarded and as long as you didn't actually have down syndrome, you'd be like really cool and people like CK would say s**t like "Yo bro, you're really rad man." But if you were like paraplegic and you were really good looking you'd be s**t out of luck. So maybe like just being able bodied is more important.

But if you were like a really good looking girl or guy then you'd have people like Marisama tattling on you to the principal and getting you in trouble cause that's what fat ugly people with bad acne do because of their resentment towards ridiculously good looking people.

Jack

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 07:46:49 PM »
Man, you got to love it. I HAVE A WEAK JAW!! I was totally and absolutely joking with the Conan clip and my comments about what a "real" man is like. I mean Nick Cave, who has an incredibly weak chin is like a personal hero of mine.  I just thought it would be a funny thing to throw the Conan clip into the mix and bring a little levity to this whole discussion about the point of life. I mean what a f**king retarded thread to begin with--what the f**k does the point of life have to do with your jaw issues!!??
 But instead of having a good laugh you depressives have demoted my ranking from plus 2 to negative 2 and have demonstrated yet another fact which can now be inferred from people with weak jaw issues: YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR!! Pathetic...

Jack

ps Marisama, I'm just curious, judging from your comments I picture you to be like the fat girl with really bad acne who no one really likes and who like tattles on everyone. Am I close?

Haha, that's really funny actually.  I don't like stupid people much.

Edit.  That's what happens when you're doing too many things at once.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:02:13 PM by Marisama »

Jack

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 07:50:19 PM »
Haha, that's really funny actually.  I don't don't like stupid people much.

wait, so does that mean you like stupid people?

Antbee

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »
Looks are actually way less important for women's success in dating. Moreover, women can compensate for poor facial aesthetics with a great body; men can't.

This is madness. Men can't compensate with a great body? Why not? Michael Phelps? Also why are looks less important for women's success in dating? That's just so far from the truth. While we're all visual creatures obviously, it's well documented that sexual attraction is more closely linked to the visual experience in men (assuming we're talking about hetero male-female situations for the sake of argument).

Unattractive women are, I feel, overlooked and disregarded constantly. While unattractive men may be at a disadvantage in many ways, they can more easily be considered sexy than a facially unattractive woman. Look at Mick Jagger. The man is (was) sexy as hell. Technically kind of ugly. For men the ugly/sexy thing is a very real possibility (confidence is key), but it's not the same for women. I mean why are there slang words for an ugly girl with a great body, but no such terms (that I know of) for men?  

CK

• Private
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 07:57:08 PM »
This is madness. Men can't compensate with a great body? Why not? Michael Phelps? Also why are looks less important for women's success in dating? That's just so far from the truth. While we're all visual creatures obviously, it's well documented that sexual attraction is more closely linked to the visual experience in men (assuming we're talking about hetero male-female situations for the sake of argument).

Unattractive women are, I feel, overlooked and disregarded constantly. While unattractive men may be at a disadvantage in many ways, then can more easily be considered sexy than a facially unattractive woman. Look at Mick Jagger. The man is (was) sexy as hell. Technically kind of ugly. For men the ugly/sexy thing is a very real possibility. (Confidence is key) but it's not the same for women. I mean why are there slang words for an ugly girl with a great body, but no such terms (that I know of) for men?  

qft.

Heavyweight

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 08:01:10 PM »

Unattractive women are, I feel, overlooked and disregarded constantly. While unattractive men may be at a disadvantage in many ways, then can more easily be considered sexy than a facially unattractive woman. Look at Mick Jagger. The man is (was) sexy as hell. Technically kind of ugly. For men the ugly/sexy thing is a very real possibility. (Confidence is key) but it's not the same for women. I mean why are there slang words for an ugly girl with a great body, but no such terms (that I know of) for men?  

My real life experience says otherwise. Men have much higher sex drives than women and single men greatly outnumber single women in America. This results in a much higher demand for women in the dating market. Men will take anything they can get to avoid being alone. If you don't believe me, create a fake profile of an ugly woman on a dating site and watch yourself get flooded with messages from attractive, successful men. I didn't believe it until I tried it myself.

Heavyweight

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 08:04:18 PM »
what are you people talking about!!!???? Haven't you ever heard the saying the two most powerful people in the world are young beautiful women and rich powerful men!!??

Looks don't even matter for a guy AT ALL if you have wealth and an ALPHA personality. Like if you're meek and shy and beta like CK you won't really do to well with chicks. Or if you're a fat zitty girl like Marisama, once again, you're near the bottom of the hierarchy. But VANITY FAIR magazine a while back did this status ranking/desirability diagram(status here meaning how much you were desired by men) and it went something like publicist, to agent, to model, to pop singer to finally like actress and they had examples for each so the actress who was the most desirable was gwyneth paltrow who was like 34 at the time, but then there was one category of person who even outranked her, and it was "18 year old cutie who works at Jhamba juice." This was all in fun, but the point was that for women, youth and hotness far outrank anything else. I was just watching MAD MEN and at one point one of the characters says, "You know, it's like when a woman hits 30, it's just like a light goes out." So what I'm saying here is that Heavyweight, sorry bro, but you're a bit off on this one, even though I generally applaud your point of view. Looks don't mean s**t for a guy, just money and power --you'll be poppin bottles and models. But for a girl, I mean if you ain't hot, and you're over 25. Sorry, but like you're headin straight for spinsterville.

Nope, not at all. Actual studies on this issue show that women care about looks more than anything else and they care about looks more than more than men do!

http://i.imgur.com/LebHv.jpg

Antbee

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 08:06:53 PM »
But for a girl, I mean if you ain't hot, and you're over 25. Sorry, but like you're headin straight for spinsterville.

Generally, what you said is true except the above. Over 25 means spinsterville? Dude where do you live? I'm guessing the kind of place where the average age of marriage/settling down is 23 or something. The vast majority of people I know in London, Paris and LA (the cities where I've lived) never thought much about settling down until later. You just kind of undermined the truth of the rest of your comment with that last statement.

Antbee

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »
Quit f**king Talking... that's my guess.