Author Topic: The pointlessness of everything.  (Read 31244 times)

Jack

Re: The pointlessness of everything.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »
Nope, not at all. Actual studies on this issue show that women care about looks more than anything else and they care about looks more than more than men do!

http://i.imgur.com/LebHv.jpg

ugh, this is depressing. actually, i think it might be true too. today i decided I would demote myself from a 7 to a 6 because I realized that i actually have quite oily skin and large pores. so i take back what i said before people. I'm not a 7, I'm a 6. Hopefully with jaw surgery and laser skin resurfacing I might make it to an 8. Frankly guys, going from a weak chin/jaw to a strong one, which is what this surgery can do, is definitely going to take you at least one full integer up the looks scale. And being a 7 ain't horrible. But it ain't great either.

hey, what about height? I'm only 5'10. I mean if I were 6'2 that would make me truly alpha.

stevek216

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »

Please don't. I like his posts, and he brings intensity to this forum.

I'd say banning Jack seems appropriate.  He's singling out and being rude to a lot of members, whether trying to be funny or not (emphasis on trying).  I may be an anomaly here, but I don't think a forum about jaw surgery has a particular need for intensity.

Antbee

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
My real life experience says otherwise. Men have much higher sex drives than women and single men greatly outnumber single women in America. This results in a much higher demand for women in the dating market. Men will take anything they can get to avoid being alone. If you don't believe me, create a fake profile of an ugly woman on a dating site and watch yourself get flooded with messages from attractive, successful men. I didn't believe it until I tried it myself.

I'm genuinely curious - what are the single population stats you're looking at?
Hmm Maybe the whole ugly profile things is about just sex and the idea of girls who are easy to get for a quickie etc. You mention sex drive and that is true, but actual dating is a whole other issue. Mind you, I live in LA which literally involves wading through models and actresses on a daily basis. I do OK with guys because hair/ skin/ features etc compensates to a degree for a dodgy jaw, but generally I just flat out disagree with the idea that most men would happily date an ugly woman. In any city.

CK

• Private
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »
Quit f**king Talking... that's my guess.

no, quoted for truth.

Antbee

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2012, 08:17:43 PM »
no, quoted for truth.

Oh... well thanks. I was so confused

CK

• Private
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 08:18:05 PM »
OK well that's just nasty then. I don't get why.

no, it's quoted for truth - i agree with your post in its entirety.

Jack

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2012, 08:20:36 PM »
hahaha cool story bro.

no i'm not even kidding...

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 08:22:24 PM »
I look just like this guy -- bad jaws and  bad mid/upper face: http://i.imgur.com/9TCvZ.jpg

The biggest problem is the large distance between the eyes and the lips as well as the low cheekbones. Right now, I'm ugly and unmanly; after jaw surgery, I'll still be ugly but hopefully manly.

People typically don't go from ugly to beautiful with any kind of surgery. Ugliness is very hard to fix because a lot of it is due to the positioning of the eyes, nose, and mouth as well as skin smoothness and evenness. Almost anyone who gets a fantastic result from jaw surgery already had everything else in the right place as well as good skin.

That guy doesnt look as bad as you think he does. There are only 2 things that the average person would notice:

1)His mouth is hanging open(IDK if it is from jaw problems or just a picture taken at the wrong time)

2)Acne.

Jack

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 08:25:17 PM »
That guy doesnt look as bad as you think he does. There are only 2 things that the average person would notice:

1)His mouth is hanging open(IDK if it is from jaw problems or just a picture taken at the wrong time)

2)Acne.

I agree.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 08:26:18 PM »
This is madness. Men can't compensate with a great body? Why not? Michael Phelps? Also why are looks less important for women's success in dating? That's just so far from the truth. While we're all visual creatures obviously, it's well documented that sexual attraction is more closely linked to the visual experience in men (assuming we're talking about hetero male-female situations for the sake of argument).

Unattractive women are, I feel, overlooked and disregarded constantly. While unattractive men may be at a disadvantage in many ways, they can more easily be considered sexy than a facially unattractive woman. Look at Mick Jagger. The man is (was) sexy as hell. Technically kind of ugly. For men the ugly/sexy thing is a very real possibility (confidence is key), but it's not the same for women. I mean why are there slang words for an ugly girl with a great body, but no such terms (that I know of) for men?  

I agree. For a man it is more about becoming a character that a woman falls in love with. Easier if you are attractive, but still doable if you arent.

Heavyweight

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »

2)Acne.

Acne is the least of his problems. His biggest problem is his very long nose, which to my knowledge cannot be fixed. He's the perfect example of someone who would still look ugly after jaw surgery. http://i.imgur.com/VS3gr.jpg

Jack

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 08:40:53 PM »
deleted the post that could potentially "out" you jack. even though you are a complete tool poster's anonymity should be protected unless they voluntarily share who the are.

Thanks CK.

Jack

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »
Acne is the least of his problems. His biggest problem is his very long nose, which to my knowledge cannot be fixed. He's the perfect example of someone who would still look ugly after jaw surgery. http://i.imgur.com/VS3gr.jpg

Honestly, I'm not sure about that. I mean he's got an awful chin, but that will be fixed with jaw surgery and so will his mouth/lip posture. He's got amazing hair, the nose is actually rather narrow so length is not too egregious. I mean, frankly, clear up the acne and put on a bit of muscle, this guy could be an 8.5 no problem. I mean seriously Heavyweight, if this is you, I'd be pretty f'n happy, you just need a few tweaks here and there and you'll look great. But please go on accutane.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »

Do you honestly believe that? There is not a single person I know who would say his nose is too long in a serious manner. His mouth hangs open and his chin is a bit recessed. That is his problem.

Im going to let you in on a secret since you seem genuinely depressed. Yes women do care a lot about how attractive a man is. The thing is that attractiveness is only half physical beauty/bone structure. The other half is determined by things like, how you wear your hair, the way you dress, the way you carry yourself. The most important thing is finding a persona for yourself that comes naturally.

The guy in the picture you linked is probably a 2 out of 5 in terms of bone structure. Even without any improvement in that, he could be a 7/10 if he didnt dress like s**t, took care of himself, had a better hair cut, etc.

Jack

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »
Do you honestly believe that? There is not a single person I know who would say his nose is too long in a serious manner. His mouth hangs open and his chin is a bit recessed. That is his problem.

Im going to let you in on a secret since you seem genuinely depressed. Yes women do care a lot about how attractive a man is. The thing is that attractiveness is only half physical beauty/bone structure. The other half is determined by things like, how you wear your hair, the way you dress, the way you carry yourself. The most important thing is finding a persona for yourself that comes naturally.

The guy in the picture you linked is probably a 2 out of 5 in terms of bone structure. Even without any improvement in that, he could be a 7/10 if he didnt dress like s**t, took care of himself, had a better hair cut, etc.

Absolutely agree with tdawg here.