Author Topic: Surgery Outcome  (Read 13268 times)

Tiny

• Private
Re: Surgery Outcome
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »
I'm white as a snowflake and I scar real badly. Body scars tend to be worse since the skin there get stretched constantly. A scar on the hip is nothing to worry about though.

Hmmm, interesting.  I'm pretty fair skinned and scars don't show much on me because the scar tissue is white, and so is my skin, so it doesn't show - would have thought you'd be the same

Anyway, I had no idea they do grafts for ching wing.  Is it to prevent relapse? To stop the muscles from pushing the vertical augmentation backk up?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 07:51:09 PM »
Hmmm, interesting.  I'm pretty fair skinned and scars don't show much on me because the scar tissue is white, and so is my skin, so it doesn't show - would have thought you'd be the same

Anyway, I had no idea they do grafts for ching wing.  Is it to prevent relapse? To stop the muscles from pushing the vertical augmentation backk up?

I'm really fair skinned and scars take a little bit longer to turn from pink to white but when they do heal they're nice and flat and neat.

Think the harvesting scars are bigger than we're expecting though... :(

LoveofScotch

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »
I'm crazy about my skin, but with all the available technology I wouldn't be too worried about scarring. Down the road there's almost always something that can be done to help.

BlueShark7

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 09:23:44 PM »
Thanks for posting your experience Sean, so glad you are happy with the results.

Wondering if you speak German/ if it's a necessity?

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:50 PM »
Why was bone grafting a necessity?

And why did he opt for bone grafting over HA paste? Do you think he holds the same opinion as Triaca, which is that HA paste has negative effects in the long-term?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:58 PM »
Also, if I need a mole removed, I see a Plastic Surgeon, not a Dermatologist.
Very good point.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2014, 10:50:03 PM »
I learned that the hard way. Never again. Seriously, I could have done a better job with my left hand, and blindfolded. And she was supposed to be "the best."

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2014, 04:32:27 AM »
The pill keeps my skin clear, otherwise I get a small amount of acne on my chin. Top two things that make a direct and immediate difference (for me) are diet and sweating (sweating not necessarily exercise). I found a diet that I, and my skin, thrive on and I stick to it as much as possible. Organic makes a huge difference, but I'm pretty sure the culprit is dairy. Non-organic gives me that whole chin pimple thing, too. I eat a ton of daily, so I'm sure that's part of it.

The diet makes all the difference in the world. I've done elimination diets on a couple of occasions where you stick to a few safe types of food and then gradually add new types to test how you react to them. The changes to the skin and overall well-being are amazing but it's hard to sustain that kind of diet for practical reasons. This is also why I hate the food in hospitals since you basically only get bread and dairy products. I'm trying to recover here and all you can offer me is food that stimulates the inflammatory responses in my body? No thanks...

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2014, 04:34:35 AM »
Also, if I need a mole removed, I see a Plastic Surgeon, not a Dermatologist.

Moles on the body are going to leave scars no matter what. I had some removed with laser by a plastic surgeon a few years ago and the scars look like... moles (except red).

PloskoPlus

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2014, 04:42:09 AM »
Moles on the body are going to leave scars no matter what. I had some removed with laser by a plastic surgeon a few years ago and the scars look like... moles (except red).
Scars can be disguised to a degree.  I had a huge mole above my eyebrow.  The plastic surgeon removed it and made the scar align with the forehead lines.  I saw a dermatologist a month later and he had to do a double take to see the scar.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 04:44:34 AM »
Facial moles are the exception since scars in the face can be made very subtle. Scars on the rest of the body tend to look much worse. I have facial scars that healed nicely and then I have scars on other parts of my body that look much worse despite having had over ten years longer to heal.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2014, 04:50:00 AM »
Facial moles are the exception since scars in the face can be made very subtle. Scars on the rest of the body tend to look much worse. I have facial scars that healed nicely and then I have scars on other parts of my body that look much worse despite having had over ten years longer to heal.
Hmm... Never knew that.  Although I cut my shin just below the knee a year ago, and the scar is still there and even looks quite fresh.

sean89

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 04:51:38 AM »
Dairy is the worst thing in the world for my acne as well. I haven't drank milk in about 8 years because of it, even though I love milk. I don't take tablets for my skin and try to control it with my diet, but the amoxiclav I was given post-surgery completely cleared any residual acne that I had.

When I spoke to Zarrinbal about post-surgery foods, he told me to try and avoid milk and yoghurt because it leads to an increase in bacteria which might trigger an infection. I guess that same bacteria is responsible for acne.

Also, as I said to Modigliani, the hip graft scar is quite high up and would definitely be visible in a bikini.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2014, 04:53:40 AM »
Revisions on body scars are very risky. My plastic surgeon told me a story about a young man that had a huge scar on his shoulder after an accident. His father was a plastic surgeon and refused to do a revision but eventually caved and sent his son to a different surgeon. The result was that he ended up with a scar three times as large and just as wide as the original scar.

sean89

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 04:53:56 AM »
Why was bone grafting a necessity?

And why did he opt for bone grafting over HA paste? Do you think he holds the same opinion as Triaca, which is that HA paste has negative effects in the long-term?

The bone was used to fill in the gaps along the jawline and in the sublabial fold.

Thanks for posting your experience Sean, so glad you are happy with the results.

Wondering if you speak German/ if it's a necessity?

No, I don't. Zarrinbal speaks English fluently.