Author Topic: Surgery Outcome  (Read 13266 times)

Gregor Samsa

Re: Surgery Outcome
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 04:54:47 AM »
When I spoke to Zarrinbal about post-surgery foods, he told me to try and avoid milk and yoghurt because it leads to an increase in bacteria which might trigger an infection. I guess that same bacteria is responsible for acne.

That's all I was given after my surgery. The dietist at the hospital even recommended drinking a lot of whole milk.  ::)

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 06:53:07 AM »

When I spoke to Zarrinbal about post-surgery foods, he told me to try and avoid milk and yoghurt because it leads to an increase in bacteria which might trigger an infection. I guess that same bacteria is responsible for acne.

Actually it's a different bacteria!  Acne is caused by Propionibacterium acnes. The reason that dairy causes acne is mainly the hormones.  Dairy, especially high fat dairy, contains tons of the stuff - growth hormones and oestrogens.  Goat dairy isn't quite as bad

I never had any acne as a teen but as I got into my mid-20s I got hormonal flare ups.  It was so bad at the start of this year and as I'm fair, red pimples are very obvious.  Eventually I linked it to the cheese omelettes I was having every morning. I recently gave up dairy and it seems to be improving.  I do miss butter though :(

Emish, for skincare I recommend Paula's Choice an SkinActives.  Cosmeceutical formulas for a fraction of the cost.  PC do a 2% BHA liquid that is really good

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »
Is your jaw more perpendicular to the floor now? If so how much more? Is the ramus longer? Does the jaw look square?

Kinda wish he would post pics. His right not to, but I don't see what harm posting just the lower third could do.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

MrRochester

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 09:24:07 PM »
Kinda wish he would post pics. His right not to, but I don't see what harm posting just the lower third could do.

Absolutely, except I will go further and say it's extremely obnoxious and inconsiderate especially considering all the time I spent PMing him trying to help him. He only knows about Zarrinbal because of me. There is not a single publicly available example of a guy who had chin wing alone without any other procedures except for one guy on a German messageboard and his chin wing was to reduce the size of his chin (and most of us who are interested in the procedure want to advance our chins). These photos could help a lot of people considering the procedure.

There is no way he could be identified by a picture of just his lower third and his anonymity is not in any way compromised. It's his ethical obligation to post these photos after the help he's received here and not "his right not to".

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 01:41:28 AM »
Absolutely, except I will go further and say it's extremely obnoxious and inconsiderate especially considering all the time I spent PMing him trying to help him. He only knows about Zarrinbal because of me. There is not a single publicly available example of a guy who had chin wing alone without any other procedures except for one guy on a German messageboard and his chin wing was to reduce the size of his chin (and most of us who are interested in the procedure want to advance our chins). These photos could help a lot of people considering the procedure.

There is no way he could be identified by a picture of just his lower third and his anonymity is not in any way compromised. It's his ethical obligation to post these photos after the help he's received here and not "his right not to".

Yes, I would really appreciate seeing his results because as you say they simply aren't out there right now due to how new the procedure is.

The other thing too is often how detached people's assessment of their surgeries are from the actual result. People claiming a great result when there has been little aesthetic improvement, or those who are almost suicidal despite looking significantly better.

I didn't know you helped this guy so much. In fact, I don't remember seeing many of his threads around. I PM'd with him and he said some of his before photos were already posted online, so maybe that has him worried?

01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

sean89

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 03:25:06 PM »
Update:

I knocked my jaw yesterday putting on a tie and it was pretty painful so my jaw is still fragile even though I'm having no problems with eating. I can't see me playing sport competitively for another few months.

Also, I've become more conscious of the fact that my chin is slightly canted with the left side being lower than the right possibly because the left gonial angle was lowered more than the right due to my pre-op assymetry but it's not a massive deal to me given how minuscule the cant is.

And to the guy that asked,  my gonial angles aren't perpendicular to the floor because there is only so  much angle that the surgeon can create from your pre-existing bone structure. They will improve, but you can't just choose the jawline that you want.

And Mr Rochester, I appreciate your advice but I don't owe you anything. Kizarq started a thread about his consultation with Dr Zarrinbal which is what made me aware of his existence.

That said, I might eventually post after pictures of my lower third but I've not made my mind up yet.

Anyway, with the things I've mentioned, I'd probably downgrade my assessment of the results to a 7/10.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »
sean, maybe you could post a little schematic of your surgery showing where they did the cuts and where they placed the bone grafts?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:30:49 AM by Tiny »

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 06:05:33 PM »
Gregor, maybe you could post a little schematic of your surgery showing where they did the cuts and where they placed the bone grafts?

Which surgery are you talking about? All the cuts for the HA grafts were done inside the mouth. There's not much to say about it except that Paul Johnson was not impressed by how Mommaerts had made the incisions. I can still see the HA poking out inside the mouth by the way.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 02:45:27 AM »
Which surgery are you talking about? All the cuts for the HA grafts were done inside the mouth. There's not much to say about it except that Paul Johnson was not impressed by how Mommaerts had made the incisions. I can still see the HA poking out inside the mouth by the way.

Sorry I meant Sean!!  But you can see the HA?! f**ked Up

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 03:26:24 AM »
Sean, maybe you could post a little schematic of your surgery showing where they did the cuts and where they placed the bone grafts?

^This

I'm getting a chin wing so this is kinda a big deal. I'd appreciate any info that he can share.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 03:30:21 AM »
Update:

I knocked my jaw yesterday putting on a tie and it was pretty painful so my jaw is still fragile even though I'm having no problems with eating. I can't see me playing sport competitively for another few months.

Also, I've become more conscious of the fact that my chin is slightly canted with the left side being lower than the right possibly because the left gonial angle was lowered more than the right due to my pre-op assymetry but it's not a massive deal to me given how minuscule the cant is.

And to the guy that asked,  my gonial angles aren't perpendicular to the floor because there is only so  much angle that the surgeon can create from your pre-existing bone structure. They will improve, but you can't just choose the jawline that you want.

And Mr Rochester, I appreciate your advice but I don't owe you anything. Kizarq started a thread about his consultation with Dr Zarrinbal which is what made me aware of his existence.

That said, I might eventually post after pictures of my lower third but I've not made my mind up yet.

Anyway, with the things I've mentioned, I'd probably downgrade my assessment of the results to a 7/10.

The canting could be a result of asymmetrical swelling, or swelling going down asymmetrically. If not, bone burring would be an extremely simple procedure to resolve that. Or augmenting with HA paste  bone grafting.

Could you perhaps get pictures of your jaw before and after, then trace lines to show where the jaw is. Then just show us teh lines so we can see the changes? You're literally the first person to ever get one in this way and post on a forum about it. As I will get one in a few months I'm keen to get all info I can.

Has the drop down of the jaw done anything to improve the hollowness of your cheeks? How sharp the angles of the jaw? Did your jaw and chin seem broader (more rounded) as a result of the chin wing? I have theorized that the chin wing may remove any V-shape of the jaw by advancing the entire mandibular border more than it does widen it. That probably makes no sense so if you don't get what I mean I'll post pics explaining it. I really want to keep my V-shape if possibl.

Finally, even though it's sensitive how does it feel when you touch it? Is there a weird kind of step off? Do you think this'll heal to be natural to the touch?