Author Topic: I had modified lefort iii  (Read 127356 times)

marcolob

• Private
Re: I had modified lefort iii
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »
Do you find you get less crap in your eyes when it's windy and (if you did get dry eyes) that your eyes now don't dry out anymore? I have scleral show and functional problems are an issue too, not just esthetic

PloskoPlus

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
The difference is clear.  I had no change at that level after a le fort i.  The muscles under the eye tilted up a little, and that's it.

terry947

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
Wow! A full profile would be awesome. You could cover your eyes like Lisa did in the other thread.

My eyes also water when it's windy and I'm walking.

Rico

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2015, 02:16:02 PM »
don't worry I will be next who is gonna have something very close to modified LF3.

If my surgery will be a success - I have less than 1% chance (50% of my surgery is nerve decompression - I can't stand the symptoms , but it's too late) - then I will public here ;).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:25:12 AM by Rico :) »

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »
You could post the images to Imgur and then delete the album a few days later. That's what I typically do. That way people here get to see it but most of the internet and any lurking surgeons don't.

As to the functional issues, my eyelids stopped closing at one point. I think that was neurological but my eyelids do seem to work a bit harder than most to close and they dry more easily. Allergies is a large factor too I think. That's why I consulted an oculoplastic surgeon, I wanted to know if there was a functional reason to touch my rim/cheeks. He was honest and said no, not in my case my eyes aren't that bad. But he said it would help with the dryness and strain and I'd look better. He agreed for mental health it could be important in 10 years. For me that says, revisit in 10 years lol. I don't think that was what he was hoping for.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:15:25 PM by molestrip »

terry947

« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2015, 02:33:34 PM »
Is there a way to tell if your eyes are too big for the socket or if there isn't enough bone to support the eyes?

Also I wonder info have a thyroid issue because it feels like my eyes have been getting bigger over the years, or maybe my bones have been receding.

earl25

« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2015, 02:55:39 PM »
The difference is clear.  I had no change at that level after a le fort i.  The muscles under the eye tilted up a little, and that's it.

thats y it pisses me off when docs tell ppl a lefort i will fix under eye issue. it wont.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2015, 03:43:07 PM »
thats y it pisses me off when docs tell ppl a lefort i will fix under eye issue. it wont.

Earl, I just want to thank you for posting more pictures. It really is a great help. While seeing more of the face in profile would help get a better feel for the changes that occured I can make some observations here that I couldn't previously.

Astonishingly it looks like you've gone from negative to extremely positive orbital vector! That's crazy! Funnily enough my orbital vector and yours pre-op look very similar. s**tty midfaces run in one side of my family and it looks like I ended up inheriting that. A Mod. Le Fort III would put me in good stead for future ageing as I quite literally have no support there at the moment. I'll still look into other options involving full thickness malar osteotomies that include the infraorbital rim, however.

Finally, how has all of this affected your cheekbones themselves? Are the effects as pronounced as say a malar osteotomy on its own?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

earl25

« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »
heres a 3/4

[attachment deleted by admin]

needadvancement

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2015, 04:20:59 PM »
So earl25 are you satisfied with the outcome of this surgery?

LoveofScotch

« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »
Yea, earl25! Very awesome, and I'm so glad this went well for you! For whatever it's worth, I see a substantial difference...in a great way!

Do you have any problems with numbness or discomfort when you sleep on your face, etc.?

earl25

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2015, 07:00:25 PM »
Yea, earl25! Very awesome, and I'm so glad this went well for you! For whatever it's worth, I see a substantial difference...in a great way!

Do you have any problems with numbness or discomfort when you sleep on your face, etc.?

no numbness

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2015, 07:09:14 PM »
yeah earl i think your results look awesome. I mean you have a full positive vector under your eye after and you also have a very impress S-curve in your 3/4 profile after (by the way my consultation got delayed till next week with same doc). I think these are incredible results. I wish I could see how it plays out in terms of your full face, but thanks a lot for sharing these results. Super positive.

terry947

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2015, 07:24:29 PM »
Ya I agree with everyone, these results are amazing!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »
i wish it could be done without that little scar by the eye though.