Author Topic: Questions About Double Jaw Surgery!  (Read 8746 times)

LoveofScotch

Hey soccerboy9,

In your case it may be worth asking if you could meet/talk to your anesthesiologist prior to the morning of surgery. If you can't actually meet with them in person maybe you could do a phone consult with them? You then could explain your fear of needles, and they could also tell you how they prefer to do things.

Take care.

Lazlo

• Private
Oh sorry guys didn't mean to offend anyone. Yes, I've always helped anyone with all the information I have and have shared it freely This whole thing just gets very frustrating so I need to let out some steam by taking the piss out of some of you, but seriously you'll need a sense of humour to get through this. As far as the original poster's issues --listen dude--general anesthesia isn't a joke either. But I think the worst that will happen is some nausea post-surgery. It's no big deal. I would focus on getting the right surgeon and not worry about the anesthesia so much. Don't worry be happy as Bobby McFerrin says. And thanks for the support from Plosko, terry etc. glad to hear from my fans! Rico, listen guy, if I have any info for you I'll share it. I really don't know anything about the European surgeons. But I wanna know the results of this Zarrinbal guy. But you consulted with him so you know more. I'll let you guys all know more after I have more info and consultations. I'm here for you guys! Langpan you're a nice woman and your results are great! Glad to hear your breathing is okay. Peace.

soccerboy9

Questions About for Jaw Surgery - PLEASE ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2015, 12:46:47 PM »
I am having Lefort 1 Double Jaw Surgery this summer, at a hospital, and was wondering what kinds of tubes and wires I will be hooked up to before, during and after jaw surgery?

My surgeon said the surgery will last 3-4.5 hours, and will be performed under general anesthesia.

Let me know, so I can know what to expect.

Baditude

Re: Questions About Double Jaw Surgery!
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 07:47:01 PM »
I have scrubbed in on a lot of surgeries as a medical student and I can tell you there is ZERO nonsense that goes on in the operating room. As for what will occur .... in the pre-op area the anesthesiologist will come in an talk to you about what to expect, they will start an IV and hang a bag of fluids, you will be given a medication to help you relax before being brought into the room. Once in the room you will be moved over the the surgical table and the EKG leads will be placed on your chest, a blood pressure cuff will be placed on your arm and an O2 monitor will be attached to one of your fingers, you will be given medication into your IV that will make you fall asleep and after that you will have a tube placed down your throat to supply you with anesthesia gasses. The anesthesiologist will monitor your awareness and all your vitals from the head of your bed during the procedure. You will be prepped by the nurse which may mean a catheter if you will be under for any length of time and the surgical site will be scrubbed and prepped for surgery. All during this time there will be many staff members in the room including nurses, scrub techs, doctors, residents, students etc so there is no funny stuff going on while you are under. Before any incision is made they will verify again who you are by your band and chart and verify the procedure to be performed. One the procedure is finished a nurse will clean you off if there is surgical scrub that needs removed etc as you are being awakened by the anesthesiologist you will then be wheeled to a recovery room where you will be monitored until you can be brought to your room. They will usually remove your catheter here while you are still very sleepy so you may never realize you had one in. However it may be left in until they are sure you can get up and use the restroom on your own. After you are monitored in recovery for about an hour or two you will be brought to your room where the floor nurses will take over your care.

molestrip

• Private
Re: Questions About Double Jaw Surgery!
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 09:49:56 PM »
You missed the part where they had sex with you while under :P I hear they leave the catheter in for several days after this one. Can someone confirm? I don't care about needles but I hate catheters. I suppose I hate that IV thingy too.