Author Topic: Questions About Double Jaw Surgery!  (Read 8745 times)

soccerboy9

Questions About Double Jaw Surgery!
« on: January 09, 2015, 10:54:40 PM »
Hi,

I am having jaw surgery and I was wondering what type of anesthesia you would normally receive?

In the past (for other surgeries) I have asked for (and been given) anesthesia through a mask (see pictures below). I would much prefer this method as I HATE, and have a FEAR, of needles.
If there are any videos or experiences of the anesthesia experience for jaw surgery, please share them with me. I am very NERVOUS!

Thanks!

-soccerboy9
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:55:54 PM by soccerboy9 »

PloskoPlus

They'll be doing this to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqofMdofZKE

Needles should be the least of your worries.

Nataliepryor

• Private
 ;D

Lazlo

• Private
hehehehe

Nataliepryor

• Private
So much cutting lol I would welcome the needle with open veins!

soccerboy9

What I originally meant, was, will I (and can I) receive anesthesia like this:

Someone please answer this question. I am REALLY nervous.

yxcvb

Chances are you'll get some kind of infusion during and after surgery anyway, which means needles.

But yeah anasthesia is mostly done via inhalation

soccerboy9

Even though I am not classified as a child/pediatric patient anymore (more like a young adult/late teen), do you think they will still allow me to choose a scent for the mask? Also, is there an certified anesthesiologist that administers the anesthesia, or is it administered by the oral surgeon (or his/her assistant) like it is with wisdom teeth extractions?

-soccerboy9

PloskoPlus

Even though I am not classified as a child/pediatric patient anymore (more like a young adult/late teen), do you think they will still allow me to choose a scent for the mask? Also, is there an certified anesthesiologist that administers the anesthesia, or is it administered by the oral surgeon (or his/her assistant) like it is with wisdom teeth extractions?

-soccerboy9

Qualified anaesthesiologist whose fee will be a good chunk of the total fee.

LoveofScotch

Yes, you will work with an anesthesiologist. They should see you before surgery to discuss any allergies, etc. At that time you could discuss your fear of needles. A good anesthesiologist has a big bag of tricks...I promise you'll be fine. Their job is to keep the patient alive AND comfortable.

soccerboy9

What kinds of tubes/wires will I be hooked up to when I wake up from surgery?

-soccerboy9

PloskoPlus

-soccerboy9

Intravenous drip for sure.

soccerboy9

I found this video that shows the anesthesia induction process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMonPI4T7sM

If anyone knows of any other videos/blogs similar to this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Lazlo

• Private

-soccerboy9

Oh did they not tell you about the catheter? Trust me brother, the needles in both your arms will be the very LAST of your worries considering they're going to put a plastic tube the size of a straw up your penis whole. If you're circumsized it's gonna suck even more. I don't know why people allow the absolutely barbaric practice of circumcision. Anyway, yeah the penis catheter will be in you during and after surgery but will be taken out of your penis about a day out of surgery. It only hurts a lot when it's pushed in and taken out, but not too bad. They put one in men for basically all major surgeries. Oh and yeah there's will be several needles, but the catheter is kind of the worst.

Lazlo

• Private
But honestly, anesthesia is the last thing I would be worrying about, or the catheter.

I've some pretty crazy stories from actual surgeons about the stuff that goes down after you go under. I mean you think that there'd be people watching or monitoring this s**t but there isn't. You have to remember, you're out of it, unconscious for like up to 5 hours. And they can do whatever they want to you. I heard about one case from a nurse about a very prominent surgeon who is still active in the states. Every time he does jaw surgery on someone, especially if it's like a younger kid in their 20s or whatever, he'll like play with them and make jokes about how small their penises are and touch them inappropriately in places. One time, in the middle of jaw surgery, he pulled down his own pants to reveal a huge throbbing erection turned his patient over and sodomized him vigorously for like twenty minutes. Then yelled out at the top of his lungs, "How's that for a lefort 1 b*tch!!!"

Some of these people are real animals. Honestly, I'm probably gonna wear a butplug before I go in for surgery.