Author Topic: Sandro Pelo-I do not recommend  (Read 7405 times)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Sandro Pelo-I do not recommend
« on: June 19, 2015, 03:03:01 AM »
To all of you messaging me asking information (from all over the world) concerning Dr. Sandro Pelo, I just wanted to say I would not recommend him.

He is an average surgeon with a very old style approach to Aesthetics, and he will pull the crazy/bdd card on you making reference to michael jackson or stuff like that.

My surgical outcome with him was sufficient: by sufficient i mean that i have a solid occlusion, no relapse, decent symmetry. So he did not SCREW me, he is not a butcher like the belgian guy. He is a very safe and prudent man.

However, he did not manage to rotate enough my maxilla and therefore there is still some mandibular retrusion, very light gummy smile (exactly the same as pre surgery) and down sloped jaw. Addressing these concerns post surgically with him is impossible, if midlines are fine you're fine.

What most bothered me was him trying to convince me i was "perfect" by Some leonardo da vinci standard, and i was crazy. He was pulling the crazy ps card, while i had ABSOLUTELY legitimate concerns:
-my bottom lips STILL does not meet the upper lip, and i still have a somewhat retruded mandible
-i had zero jaw angle and having had no rotation the appearance was really not good.

I had to adress my concerns elsewhere with GREAT results, however i chose NOT to revise the orthognatic surgery since it was too much of an ordeal. Therefore i still have a weak mandible, but at least the contouring surgeries i had ELSEWHERE had a great impact and i think my face is satisfactory now: i would need orthognatic surgery if i aim to perfection.

Talking about multi segment, high lefort, chin wing, zygomatic osteotomy, it is IMPOSSIBLE with sandro pelo. fat transfers and medpor are his way of doing things, but he would really rarely suggest them on a patient.

I believe he is technically skilled, but extremely old style. He might be a great surgeon if you have a cancer in your face.

jaws

Re: Sandro Pelo-I do not recommend
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 04:26:58 AM »
I had to adress my concerns elsewhere with GREAT results, however i chose NOT to revise the orthognatic surgery since it was too much of an ordeal. Therefore i still have a weak mandible, but at least the contouring surgeries i had ELSEWHERE had a great impact and i think my face is satisfactory now: i would need orthognatic surgery if i aim to perfection.
I assume you had a chin wing osteotomy with Dr.Z. Is that correct?

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 04:28:45 AM »
I assume you had a chin wing osteotomy with Dr.Z. Is that correct?

correct!

Rico

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 06:27:16 AM »
Stupidjaw: it's nice you responded at last. Thanks

What you think about Pelo's skills in midface area ?

You probably have seen my messages to you - I need zygoma reposition after overlooked fracture (improperly healed  bone)

Have you heard about Prof. Giorgio Iannetti (Italy Rome). Do you believe he is more skilled than Pelo ?

Do you have opinions about German surgeons ? You know Zarrinbal .. Have you heard anything about Gunter Lauer (Dresden) or Alexander Shramm (Ulm) ?

PS At first you were very satisfied after surgery with Pelo now barely satisfied.. Why you changed your mind ?

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 06:52:27 AM »
Stupidjaw: it's nice you responded at last. Thanks

What you think about Pelo's skills in midface area ?

You probably have seen my messages to you - I need zygoma reposition after overlooked fracture (improperly healed  bone)

Have you heard about Prof. Giorgio Iannetti (Italy Rome). Do you believe he is more skilled than Pelo ?

Do you have opinions about German surgeons ? You know Zarrinbal .. Have you heard anything about Gunter Lauer (Dresden) or Alexander Shramm (Ulm) ?

PS At first you were very satisfied after surgery with Pelo now barely satisfied.. Why you changed your mind ?

I was in the very early stages, and i'm very sure he is a competent surgeon. He has more skill than iannetti, and probably he will be good in your case.

I'm not talking about a butcher or an incompetent surgeon.

I'm talking about a surgeon that has about 0 aesthetic eye and is very, very arrogant. That's it.

Rico

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 07:00:54 AM »
if a surgeon has 0 aesthetic eye how it can be good maxfac surgeon ? Midface is the most difficult to set area ... WTF :) ?

why you belive he is better than Iannetti ? have you consulted him ? tell me more.... you can PM me 

It's interesting what you're saying

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 07:32:17 AM »
if a surgeon has 0 aesthetic eye how it can be good maxfac surgeon ? Midface is the most difficult to set area ... WTF :) ?

why you belive he is better than Iannetti ? have you consulted him ? tell me more.... you can PM me 

It's interesting what you're saying

i mean that he is skilled, he knows how to perform surgery (i guess). However his aesthetic eye is very old school: teeth in occlusion and that's it.

Rico

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 07:42:58 AM »
so it;s not good for me. It's much more difficult do to surgeyr on midface than on jaw, etc

please write why you think Iannetti is not as good ?

and what you think about German ones ?  You can write PM

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 08:08:35 AM »
i don't know german ones as i know only zarrinbal: i'd say they are good! but i don't know...iannetti is a butcher.

Rico

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 08:17:09 AM »
sorry, but you are f.... annoying, and I think, some would agree with me. if you say "butcher" use some arguments please, why because he can't cook pizza or what ? 

i've spoke to many Iannetti patients and noone is dissapointed, of course it does not mean all his patients are satisfied, but I can't find such bad opinions, can you show me them?  tell me what you know, it's important for me, because I also consulted with him
Have you seen some his patients ?

Please help ...describe your thinking fully

I HOPE YOU WILL REPLY
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:19:57 AM by Rico :) »

mynameis

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »
Thank you very much for your reply Stupidjaws. Rico I know you really want more information my friend but try and have some patience. Stupidjaws doesn't have to come here or answer us but he is, so thank you for that Stupidjaws.

So stupidjaws, i was planning on travelling to Italy and asking Pelo about upper jaw advancement with his zygomatic advancement, cheek and chin wing osteotomies.

From what you are saying this trip could end up being futile for me. The reason I wanted to see Pelo over Zarrinbal is because of his surgery that advances the midface and cheek from underneath the eye socket.

As far as I know Zarrinbal will widen the cheeks put does not advance them forward with some of the midface like Pelo.

Are you saying that Pelo will not entertain the idea of doing these other surgeries unless it is an obviously severe deficiency?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 03:17:57 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply Stupidjaws. Rico I know you really want more information my friend but try and have some patience. Stupidjaws doesn't have to come here or answer us but he is, so thank you for that Stupidjaws.

So stupidjaws, i was planning on travelling to Italy and asking Pelo about upper jaw advancement with his zygomatic advancement, cheek and chin wing osteotomies.

From what you are saying this trip could end up being futile for me. The reason I wanted to see Pelo over Zarrinbal is because of his surgery that advances the midface and cheek from underneath the eye socket.

As far as I know Zarrinbal will widen the cheeks put does not advance them forward with some of the midface like Pelo.

Are you saying that Pelo will not entertain the idea of doing these other surgeries unless it is an obviously severe deficiency?

You can find these things out over email or the phone.  No need to go to another country on a wing (geddit?) and a prayer.  Chances are he does nothing but conventional jaw surgery.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 10:19:57 PM »

Have you not e-mailed Pelo first to discuss this? To my knowledge he does not do Chin Wing.

I know for a fact, however, that he will evaluate your case via e-mail. He responded to some e-mails I sent him but then ignored me after I sent photos ( lol ). I wish I knew why, especially since two other surgeons have said I have definite infraorbital deficiency so it's not like I'm some mad man with BDD. But that's how it cna be with contacting surgeons. Complete hit and miss for arbitrary reasons.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 01:29:46 AM »
Have you not e-mailed Pelo first to discuss this? To my knowledge he does not do Chin Wing.

I know for a fact, however, that he will evaluate your case via e-mail. He responded to some e-mails I sent him but then ignored me after I sent photos ( lol ). I wish I knew why, especially since two other surgeons have said I have definite infraorbital deficiency so it's not like I'm some mad man with BDD. But that's how it cna be with contacting surgeons. Complete hit and miss for arbitrary reasons.

That's how it went for me as well. He must be getting a lot of e-mails thanks to this forum so he probably thinks we're all crazy based on what stupidjaws wrote about his conservative views.  ;D

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 04:33:52 AM »
this
That's how it went for me as well. He must be getting a lot of e-mails thanks to this forum so he probably thinks we're all crazy based on what stupidjaws wrote about his conservative views.  ;D

this.