Author Topic: UPDATED-Lazlo's surgeries --UPDATED WITH RHINO INFO AT THE END  (Read 13106 times)

Lazlo

• Private
UPDATED-Lazlo's surgeries --UPDATED WITH RHINO INFO AT THE END
« on: December 16, 2015, 08:55:40 PM »
lallaa
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 02:46:22 AM by Lazlo »

Schrödingers Jaw

Re: Lazlo's surgeries
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 01:37:54 AM »
How can you afford all this?

I'm going to design my own technique with the help of a periodontist to graft bone between all my teeth in addition to alloderm from cadavers and rebuild my interdental papilla. This is something that definitely can be accomplished.
Also what does this even mean?

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 02:06:13 AM »
Okay just for fun I'm listing all the surgeries I plan on having. In order I'm gonna have them and just to keep track:

1) Lefort 1 -3 piece/BSSO (with ramus drop)/genioplasty (widening and lengthening) CCW rotation/fat pad removal under lower jaw

(march/april--completion)

What is ramus drop exactly?

2) Modified lefort 3 with bone grafting for height as and 1 cm projection/Canthopexy/Brow bridge augmentation/reshaping

(July 1st/August completion)

Just three months after bi-max you get this? Confirmed? I find it hard to believe. Sinn told me to wait longer before getting such an operation. Why would Sinn do a canthopexy at the same time as a modified le fort III when it's highly possible you'll achieve desired results without an additional operation? Those are his exact words he told me. And brow ridge, didn't you just say you have a decent brow ridge? What do you want to reshape?

3) Rhinoplasty/Otoplasty (probably Dr. Cochran)

(September 1st Completion)

4) Dermabrasion + Co2 laser for acne scars/Sculptra to temples and cheekbones, plus juvederm for volume restoration in face

October 2016

5) Botox to intradermal nasal skin to stop oiliness and shininess of nose

October 2016

6) Stem cell enhanced Hair multiplication to do some grafts to my slightly receded hairline and thicken my crown area

Stem cell hair multiplication does not exist. Perhaps you refer to Dr Gho, but he is a con artist. There is only plain old FUE / FUT for now. If you have hairline recession and crown thinning you should be very certain you've halted all loss before going down the surgery route. Do you take anything for this?

7) I'm going to design my own technique with the help of a periodontist to graft bone between all my teeth in addition to alloderm from cadavers and rebuild my interdental papilla. This is something that definitely can be accomplished.

late 2016/2017

I truly want to believe this is a surgical plan devised in consultation with your surgeons, however it seems EXTREMELY optimistic to give just a few months between all these operations. Especially when all of them are highly dependent on the proportions of the rest of the face. Modified le fort III you want to widen according to the lower third to a large degree. Likewise, how can a rhinoplasty be done if you have residual swelling from bimax and modified le fort III? Your entire face is going to be swollen as f**k, whether you realise it or not. I think this is an extremely risky decision.

Also bro, that is easily over $100k worth of procedures. That's a lot of pesos.

I hope it works out for you and it'd be great to see the end result.

P.S. please answer my questions, this is relevant to me and I'm curious
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

SJay

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 09:06:42 AM »
I'm not anti cosmetic surgery, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster. I can't comment on the other procedures but I can give you my two cents regarding rhinoplasty as I've had two.

I had a very minimal dorsal hump, my primary left me with a scooped nose, my tip was rotated up and my nostrils retracted. It destroyed my face, and I had to wait one year before anyone would operate on the nose again. I had to travel half way across the world, pay an awful lot of money and endure a 5 hour procedure to get my nose rebuilt with cartilage grafts. It looks okay now, but not a day goes by that I wish I could have my natural birth nose back.

When the nose is operated on, the tissues in the tip have a tendency to rise and the tip lifts... unless the surgeon uses a cartilage graft to purposely pull it down. This is fine for women but it is not for men, who should have a naso-labial angle around 90-100 degrees. In addition, internal scarring leaves the profile with irregularities and if you have an alar-plasty, the nostrils can scar upwards and inwards leaving them retracted. Regarding the dorsal hump, men look way better with a hump... the scoop is not a good look. Lastly, if you have thick skin, you will swell A LOT, and this swelling takes a full year to resolve. Do not take this decision lightly, rhinoplasty is one of the most complex surgeries out there, horror stories are not uncommon and if things do go wrong, it's a long, slow, painful road to recovery.

Apologies for the rant.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 10:15:37 AM »
Lazlo is well researched and I respect him for that. However, I stand with sj549 here. That's a lot of work and lot to go wrong, both short and long term. Wish you best of luck of course! Would love to see the result either way.

SJay

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 11:51:03 AM »
Yeah, rhinoplasty is a bit of a gamble... especially for guys. If you're nose has a slight hump or some minimal imperfection, I say leave it well alone. Slightly big noses are more masculine, and higher bridges are more sophisticated. To give you an idea of what can happen, I've attached an image to show you happened to my nose. Sorry to hijack your thread but I think people should know about this sort of thing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SJay

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 11:53:24 AM »
your*, sorry about the typos!

needadvancement

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 01:12:42 PM »
Well if it's not all planned with the clinics it's possible to change surgery dates.

Yeah, rhinoplasty is a bit of a gamble... especially for guys. If you're nose has a slight hump or some minimal imperfection, I say leave it well alone. Slightly big noses are more masculine, and higher bridges are more sophisticated. To give you an idea of what can happen, I've attached an image to show you happened to my nose. Sorry to hijack your thread but I think people should know about this sort of thing.

All 3 look good to me. But I think it looks best on the right so I guess it worked out fine for you.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 01:21:30 PM »
Well if it's not all planned with the clinics it's possible to change surgery dates.

All 3 look good to me. But I think it looks best on the right so I guess it worked out fine for you.
If my nose was like that to start with, I would have done nothing.

needadvancement

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 01:25:39 PM »
If my nose was like that to start with, I would have done nothing.

Same here. Maybe it looked too big because of a bad mandible and/or small chin. My nose used to bother me too untill I realised that my issues were with my jaws.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 01:38:29 PM »
[quote author=sj594 link=topic=5056.msg42489#msg42
[/quote]

wow, and to think I was seriously considering doing something similar before my last operation. Really thankful now I decided to leave my natural nose and look to simply fill in behind the hump with a little filler to make things straight.

Why did they have to touch the tip for the revision? Was that in order to rotate it downwards again?

Same here. Maybe it looked too big because of a bad mandible and/or small chin. My nose used to bother me too untill I realised that my issues were with my jaws.

Apparently people generally have the same size noses and it's only the jaws that affect how big they look. So getting a modified le fort III for example is going to make the nose look much smaller compared to when everything was recessed.

A personal theory of mine which so far I believe holds true is that the actual projection of the nasal tip over the lips is almost the same in every single individual. I believe this is why deprojection is often so risky and leads to unnatural results where something looks off.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

SJay

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 02:14:19 PM »
I have a slightly recessed lower jaw, which I'm hoping to fix soon, which did indeed make my nose look a little large. I had tip work to fix the nostrils, the lower lateral cartilages had to be re-positioned as there was far too much columella show. In addition, I had a caudal septal extension graft to add some length back and pull the tip down (though it is still a little high). Plus a whole load of work on the bridge - onlay grafts and spreader grafts to reopen the airway as my mid vault had started to cave in. I personally prefer my birth nose, it was less rotated and had a slight bump, making it more masculine. I'm only 2 months post my revision so I've not finished healing, but the last 12 months have been very difficult, I just looked like a clown. Anyway, if anyone wants to know more then feel free to pm me.

Bobbit

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 05:40:34 PM »

Arghhh....   you are absolutely right.  Your birth nose was fine.  You should never have messed with it.  Who did that ?   What year ?

SJay

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 05:44:18 PM »
I can't disclose the name of my primary surgeon for legal reasons. Dean Toriumi gets mixed reviews. He has some happy and some very unhappy patients. He does know how to rebuild noses, but he is often times criticized for producing unsightly bulky noses. Many of his patients end up going to Jay Calvert for revisions, but I'm not a fan of his work either. Nevertheless, Toriumi has a lot of experience and will not totally botch you.

To anyone thinking of rhinoplasty, I suggest you select a surgeon who is double board certified - an ENT and a facial plastic surgeon, who performs a minimum of 100 rhinoplasties a year, with at least 15 years experience. There are only two surgeons who I would let anywhere near my nose, Dr Rick Davis in Florida and my revision surgeon, Dr Andrew Frankel in Beverly Hills. Last time I checked, Davis had a one year waiting list for a consultation, and Dr Frankel is quite pricey. Anyway, good luck with your decision!

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 10:48:22 AM »
Sj594 I know a lot about rhino --you had a terrible result as the alar became retracted and you were left with a saddle deformity. Who was your rhino doc? Definitely not a true pro.

Cochran, Toriumi (who everyone slights but who really knows his s**t. I've talked to tons of really good rhino docs and they are in awe of toriumi but he is super expensive and he actually has revolutionized how we think of rhino).

Anyway, f**kTARDS, Earl had a modified lefort III and told me he was in full recovery a couple weeks after. It's not a big deal. Sinn is great at that surgery and HE TOLD ME I COULD HAVE IT 4-6 months after my BSSO/LEFORT/GENIO So I'm just stating the timeline as he indicated it.

I mean Lazlo how can you be sure it's safe?

I've read earls thread and as far as I remember he had several surgeons urge him not to do it. In the end it worked out but one good outcome doesn't make a trend. I want you to be right because my cheekbones and orbitals are subpar but I also don't want you to get hurt.