Author Topic: Is this morph possible with HA?  (Read 4575 times)

SJay

Is this morph possible with HA?
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:59:59 PM »
So I'm planning on getting a sliding genioplasty, or possibly jaw surgery, within the not too distant future. I'll likely go with Dr G, just waiting to get my markup back. I know they use a lot of HA paste, for jaw angles etc. I also know there are a lot of horror stories and complaints about this stuff, such as unevenness, but I've not heard this complaint from an actual A and G patient. So I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons. Given that there is the possibility of unevenness, I would like to know, if things went to plan, how good it could be on the upside. This way I can decide if it's worth the risk. I've done a morph of how I would like the jaw to look from the front, and I would be grateful for your input. Is it realistic? Do you think it would be an improvement? Do you think it's worth the risk? Constructive comments and suggestions are very welcome, thanks!

Also, I de-rotated the nasal tip a little, but you can ignore that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:24:37 AM by sj594 »

trojans101

Re: Is this morph possible with HA?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 05:16:29 PM »
bro.. in my opinion. you look 100% perfect in your before picture. no need for ha paste. sorry if thats what you didn't want to hear

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »
Actually A&G patients do complain about HA paste unevenness, if you look hard enough.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:25:18 PM »
Yeah I think you look fine too. You could probably get a bit of sculpting just from some fillers to the jaw angles which would be much safer.

Not to divert the subject but (and I can't see any) but does the scar along the columnella from your rhino bother you? And is it even visible at all? I know open rhino is the way to go, but some surgeons do closed. Just curious.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 11:35:37 PM »
Honestly I'd be more concerned about your s**tty ass haircut :D
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

SJay

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 05:02:53 AM »
Thanks for your input!

I get that's it's not worth it as a stand alone procedure, but I'm getting some advancement with a genioplasty anyway, so I was thinking of getting a little contouring whilst I'm at it. But I'm getting the impression you guys don't think it's worth the risk.

@PloskoPlus: Could you please point me in the right direction regarding the negative reviews, this would be very useful for me. Thanks!

@Lazlo: The columella scar is visible if you get close enough and know what you're looking for, but it doesn't bother me. I'm only 2 months post revision so it will fade with time, I'm treating it with silicone gel and can hide it with a little concealer when I need to. I'll try to dig out some photos. In fact, if it would be helpful to others I can make a separate thread about the rhino and the revision. Let me know if that's something of interest.

@Optimistic: I have a cow lick, so there's only two options... keep it short, have it up and let it part where it wants to. Or grow it really long to weigh it down. I'm in my late twenties and I'm a doc (not a medical one), so don't really want anything too trendy, but I'd be happy to listen to suggestions.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 11:11:47 AM »
Hey man, for sure a rhino thread would be really helpful. I'm still on the fence about getting one since I have a strong sense now of all the complications.

triot

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 01:13:51 PM »
Eh, I think you already look good. Why would you consider Jawsurgery? Do you have any maldevelopement?

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »
Your jawline is chiseled!! I can't believe a surgeon would even entertain operating on you.  Am I mistaken??   
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 06:31:37 PM »
I can see the rhino scar actually and it looks pretty angry. God, this is a real dillema. I really need a rhino but I don't want a scar. And my problem is all the bulbous tip, not a simple rhino by far. #*$(@)&#(%&

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 09:35:19 PM »

God you guys are morons, the incinsions are all internal, he's modified the procedure. The only reason I'm not in surgery now is cause I ordered a skull model for sinn to do the practice cuts and he's off during february.

Tumerican, you don't listen to anyone and then go get f**ked up surgeries. I hope your rhino works out, but I have my doubts. Just cause you jump into moronic procedures doesn't mean you're gonna get a good outcome. All this s**t is a f**king HUGE risk. But rhino scars along the columnella are the worst. Look at how you can see Sj's nostrils flare. That's why in his more he "de-rotated the tip" but with the nose turned up you see that huge ugly scar.

One of the few intelligent people is Earl with whom I'm in close contact with so I know exactly where incisions are made. you guys are f**king morons.

newchin

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 09:45:04 PM »
I had HA for that exact place and my face is a mess. Each side looks completely different and thats after a revision too. Do not do it. Jaw implants are easily removed if need be, even temporary fillers like Voluma can give you some improvement and last up to 2 years. Don't do HA. Im going to try and consult with Deschamps-braly in san francisco next month, hoping he can help reshape my jaw to a straight line instead of the s**t bumpy mess it is now :(

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »
I had HA for that exact place and my face is a mess. Each side looks completely different and thats after a revision too. Do not do it. Jaw implants are easily removed if need be, even temporary fillers like Voluma can give you some improvement and last up to 2 years. Don't do HA. Im going to try and consult with Deschamps-braly in san francisco next month, hoping he can help reshape my jaw to a straight line instead of the s**t bumpy mess it is now :(

here's a cool honest guy.

Breakingbad

• Private
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 03:13:51 AM »
This isn't about the HA, but I think people are missing something here.

Currently, the proposed wider jaw angles look unnecessary because there is a lack of projection in the chin.

However, after the SG, with more defininition in the chin, I can definitely see how widening the jaw angles would lead to greater balance in the face.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »
Listen Tumerican, take a chill pill.

I'm just telling you open rhino leaves a pretty bad scar. Prove us wrong.

And you're not allowed access to the private forum so you don't know why I've needed more time to commit to my surgery. And it's precisely because you go on sluthate type forums and lookism that you're not gonna be allowed on the private forum any time soon.