Author Topic: Should I trust the surgeon?  (Read 1157 times)

drizzlesome

Should I trust the surgeon?
« on: February 02, 2016, 05:00:02 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm going to have a revision double jaw surgery soon. Most likely, I'm going to have it at a local hospital, Swedish hospital. This doctor I see there is very patient, I feel very comfortable in the consultation. However, I didn't find much reviews about him on the internet, not on yelp or realself. I'm a little nervous about this. According to his profile, he has 7 year experience of maxillofacial surgery. Should I worry about the surgery because I could't find much reviews of him?

Thanks!

Rico

Re: Should I trust the surgeon?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 05:09:00 PM »
It depends what you mean by saying "to trust a surgeon"

100% trust ?  no never. A surgeon who is gonna help you first time rarely will do that second time if you need correction. That's the true. In 50% cases they will refuse to help you or they will hide the errors and you will find out when it will be too late...
There are some really good people, but it's rare

Remember. Most surgeons are good.....when the surgery outcome is OK
Of course you have to choose someone if you really need surgery... but remember, I would say the surgeons are specific people

It's better to see some reviews, but at the same time it tells nothing. You can find many good surgeon without opinions
However if you can't find any his patient and at the same time other doctors do not know him and additionally you can't find any papers of his work on the internet, then really think twice about choosing him - if the risk is not too big

7 years is almost nothing to be honest.

Have you seen at least his before after photos ?

This doctor I see there is very patient, I feel very comfortable in the consultation.
Mine too and now I barely can contact with him if I'm worried about some things

All surgeons are so good before surgery.. The question is how he is after surgery especially with complications

Ask your surgeon about personal phone number (to work) :) We will see how "good" he is ;)

drizzlesome

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 06:07:19 PM »
Hi Rico,

Thank you so much for replying.

I've not seen any before and after photo of his patient yet, but I've heard from the front desk of his office that he does the surgery every Wednesday and Thursday. Is it very important to get his personal phone number?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:35:06 PM by drizzlesome »

Rico

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 04:09:03 PM »
Yes, Italy...... .. how close I was..

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 04:46:31 PM »
This Swedish hospital ain't in Sweden.

Rico

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 04:00:49 AM »