Author Topic: Can TADs Help Long Midface, Or Do I NEED Surgery?  (Read 1857 times)

RedLips

Can TADs Help Long Midface, Or Do I NEED Surgery?
« on: March 14, 2016, 06:45:19 AM »
Hi, all.

I'm a 24-year-old woman. I was trying to avoid surgery because it's so expensive and invasive. Plus, my concerns are all cosmetic and not about function at all. I am concerned with my long midface. I think it makes my face very unattractive.

I recently saw an orthodontist who is going to fit me with Invisalign braces and TADs to correct my gummy smile and impact the maxilla over the span of two years. She said she's seen it help a lot of patients and she thinks I'm a good candidate. I'm so nervous it won't work, especially since I'm older.

I also recently got fillers in my lips, cheeks, and chin. Everything after the third photo in the album is AFTER the fillers.

I'm also concerned about my asymmetrical cheeks (because one is much flatter) and my weird smile. I just thought I'd focus on the long midface because I think that's the BIGGEST reason my face is unattractive.

Any tips or suggestion? I'm desperate at this point.

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/zF1zm

thinkingme

Re: Can TADs Help Long Midface, Or Do I NEED Surgery?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 07:49:29 AM »
i want to say. ur mid face is not long. U are maybe not model looking but good loking. Everything in ur face has a good combination with fillers. and Last photo with ur friend. U are more attractive than her.

lowlhfsh

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 08:06:06 AM »
I wouldn't go for surgery in your case.  Try to chew a lot with your molars, and always put the tongue to the roof of the mouth when you swallow. This will give more definition to your face.  The uneven smile is barely noticeable and about the philtrum it doesn't look that bad.   

RedLips

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 08:52:51 AM »
i want to say. ur mid face is not long. U are maybe not model looking but good loking. Everything in ur face has a good combination with fillers. and Last photo with ur friend. U are more attractive than her.

Thank you. I know I'm definitely not model-looking, but I'd like to be over average and would like to improve my look. Is there anything else you think I can do to achieve this? Maybe to move closer to the Golden Ratio mask ideal?

RedLips

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 08:54:07 AM »
I wouldn't go for surgery in your case.  Try to chew a lot with your molars, and always put the tongue to the roof of the mouth when you swallow. This will give more definition to your face.  The uneven smile is barely noticeable and about the philtrum it doesn't look that bad.

Thanks! I'm going to go for the TADs and Invisaligns. They say that it will impact my maxilla about 2 mm in the next two years. As for the philtrum, I may do a lip lift in the summer.