Author Topic: Public Speaking  (Read 1602 times)

tdawg

• Private
Public Speaking
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:23:37 AM »
Anybody here have a fear of public speaking? Or previously had one that they got over?

I have a huge fear of it and it stems from my insecurity about the way I look and my voice. I need to find a way to get over it.

Marisama

• Private
Re: Public Speaking
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
I'm with you there.  I used to get quite nervous because I never knew how my jaw was going to feel.  Sometimes it would lock up and it would make speaking very difficult.  Now that I've had surgery, I hope that this issue will get better.  I'm still recovering at 4 months post op and dealing with diminishing scar tissue.  I haven't had the opportunity to speak publicly since surgery but I imagine that I'll feel more comfortable in the future.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 10:08:30 AM »
ill never be able to do public speaking, my autonomic nervous system is too jacked up

and my voice is too monotonous

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »
I had to take one as part of my major. I aced it but it didnt help at all.

CK

• Private
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:05:09 AM »
im not afraid of public speaking as far as insecurity or anything. but i have serious problems enunciating and controlling the tone of my voice because of my jaw/mouth, so i get easily frustrated because i have to speak much slower than i'd like. lots of pauses that people may interpret as insecure, but it's totally a functional problem.